1. #1

    What's a Fun and Active Server?

    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking to start up my subscription again, but I want to start fresh. What are some servers that are active and have a fun, healthy community?

  2. #2
    US/EU? Horde/Alliance?

    If we're talking US Alliance, Stormrage and Sargeras both fit your billing.

  3. #3
    US, Alliance and Horde are both fine! I've heard good things about Stormrage before, thanks for the tip!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrynku View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking to start up my subscription again, but I want to start fresh. What are some servers that are active and have a fun, healthy community?
    Proudmoore-US is a really awesome Alliance server. It is also the second-most progressed Alliance heavy pve server, if that is your thing. Small enough that you don't have a login queue, big enough that it has a healthy economy, etc. Good people, generally.

    The one caveat is that it has a reputation as "the" LGBT friendly server. So, if like almost everyone you are fine with guilds saying "LGBT friendly" in trade when they advertise, no problem. If you are one of the one-in-a-million idiots who get all bent out of shape over that, not the right place for you.
    Last edited by SlippyCheeze; 2014-06-07 at 06:11 PM. Reason: damnit!

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    425
    I thought bent was the opposite of straight ?

  6. #6
    Definitely Stormrage for Alliance PvE, some nice and professional folks over there.

    If Horde PvE is your flavor, I've been impressed from what I have seen on Zul'jin.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Proudmoore-US is a really awesome Alliance server. It is also the second-most progressed pve server, if that is your thing.
    Knew your post sounded wrong. Proudmoore is #20, not #2.

    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Knew your post sounded wrong. Proudmoore is #20, not #2.

    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
    Damnit. Second most progressed Alliance PVE server. Which I completely failed to say, and yes, you are right. Stormrage is the only ally pve server ahead of it, but there are lots of horde servers ahead, both pve and pvp.

  9. #9
    I'm going to second Proudmoore if you're looking for a US-Alliance-PvE server. It has very good progression and a large number of active guilds, but isn't so huge as to suffer from frequent login queues (which is a problem with Stormrage).

  10. #10
    Immortal Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Maze of Life
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm going to second Proudmoore if you're looking for a US-Alliance-PvE server. It has very good progression and a large number of active guilds, but isn't so huge as to suffer from frequent login queues (which is a problem with Stormrage).
    Proudmoore, Proudmoore, Proudmoore.

    But seriously, it's a great serve without login queues, unless you want that type of thing where the server is always jammed pack.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You terrify me!

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,785
    Moon Guard, it's the best server ever.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  12. #12
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,792
    US Kil'jaeden - Horde.

  13. #13
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrynku View Post
    US, Alliance and Horde are both fine! I've heard good things about Stormrage before, thanks for the tip!
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

    If your main focus is raiding I'd check that and I would suggest going to a server with a 10k+ population. Unless you're an elitist prick steer clear of Illidan (for horde obv)

    Top picks for each faction:

    Stormrage - Alliance (my possible future home)

    Zul'Jin - Horde (my current home)
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  14. #14
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Knew your post sounded wrong. Proudmoore is #20, not #2.

    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Don't use that site if you're looking for the populations. Most of the times it's out of date. Use this one: http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2014-06-07 at 09:47 PM.

  15. #15
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Don't use that site. Most of the times it's out of date. Use this one: http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    Wowprogress tracks the amount of characters that have killed a raid boss and what rank they are in terms of raiding. It also tracks players based on accounts not total characters.

    So as I said: if raiding is your main focus use that site and don't go to a server out of the top 15 or below 10k realm pop.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  16. #16
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Wowprogress tracks the amount of characters that have killed a raid boss and what rank they are in terms of raiding. It also tracks players based on accounts not total characters.

    So as I said: if raiding is your main focus use that site and don't go to a server out of the top 15 or below 10k realm pop.
    You got to it before I made my edit. Don't use it for populations only.

  17. #17
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,657
    Go Bleeding Hollow if you want a active pvp server, Horde and Allaince are both active, Horde has more though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    If your main focus is raiding I'd check that and I would suggest going to a server with a 10k+ population. Unless you're an elitist prick steer clear of Illidan (for horde obv)
    Eh, I spent some time on Illidan and other than the standard PvP server problems it was fine. (eg: there was lots of world pvp in the CRZ areas before Pandara ... which is to say, lots of 90s blowing up 40s. Fun times.)

    The people were no better, or worse, than any other server. Lots of raiding, easy to get included, no super-hardcore-only stuff going on. Heck, because it is so big, and has such raid progress, pugging was actually *easier* than on Proudmoore for my "no upgrades in normal" toon, and reasonable on a couple of alts. So, yeah, don't think it is anything like that...

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,326
    US Kil'Jaeden used to be a pvp server but now it's a horde pve server lol if you don't mind going horde, I'm sure you'll enjoy raping the 3 alliance that still play there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •