Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhanced Owlkin Frenzy

So, I can see this spells place in PVP, giving us bonus armor and a chance for a free instant cast of one of our main nukes, but what about in PVE?

Are we going to be going for straight avoidance gear and constantly standing in fire because it's a dps increase?
    not exactly a playstyle I would enjoy

Do you stand in fire today for owlkin frenzy procs? No, because that's not how the proc is triggered. You have to be targeted with something typically for it to proc. You haven't been able to stand in fire for as long as I can remember to trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Do you stand in fire today for owlkin frenzy procs? No, because that's not how the proc is triggered. You have to be targeted with something typically for it to proc. You haven't been able to stand in fire for as long as I can remember to trigger it.
    Spoils: NO ONE TOUCH THIS SWARMER ON ME PLS KTHX.

I think it's a stupid perk with massive potential for abuse in PvE and it should be made to only proc on attacks from players.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

I think it's a stupid perk with massive potential for abuse in PvE and it should be made to only proc on attacks from players.
    this. /10char

That's the only encounter where the add won't kill you and that's because of gear. Didn't mention it because it really won't be a thing during progress anyway, but I can see them easily adding a player flag thing like you said, but people are going to want it for soloing or w/e. Not to mention starsurge is the only instant for moving atm (dots do not count idc what people say) so I think it would be fine if it works like it does in SoO. For example Thok's peroidic aoe (not the screech) triggers it and I think the shredder pulse on Seigecrafter might as well.

It could go 2 ways: only work in pvp, or have specific fight mechanics that can trigger it like today. Regardless it never has and never will trigger from "standing in the bads"

edit: or it could be made into a CD?
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-06-06 at 09:13 PM.

Make it not proc in a raid instance. I'd rather remove the possibility of using it in raid -- because it's a major increase when utilized. However, leveling, questing, and other aspects of gameplay should still use it.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Uh idk introvert might be right about the standing in fire thing though. I found this vod: http://www.twitch.tv/ov1d/c/4408458 @16minutes fight starts and it looks like it procs when he has to run over the fire. Now on that fight specifically it looks like you have to run over fire to avoid the balls and you kinda need something to use during that heavy movement anyway.

Really weird because I don't think I can remember proccing it from any ground effect type mechanic on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Uh idk introvert might be right about the standing in fire thing though. I found this vod: http://www.twitch.tv/ov1d/c/4408458 @16minutes fight starts and it looks like it procs when he has to run over the fire. Now on that fight specifically it looks like you have to run over fire to avoid the balls and you kinda need something to use during that heavy movement anyway.

Really weird because I don't think I can remember proccing it from any ground effect type mechanic on live.
    Meteors like those are NPCs, I think, as such, they might try weird things. I've had OKF proc on Will/Emps from Fixate being applied -- RoF strat, so lots of testing/confirmation. Point being there are many things that can still proc it, we might just not see the actual trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Meteors like those are NPCs, I think, as such, they might try weird things. I've had OKF proc on Will/Emps from Fixate being applied -- RoF strat, so lots of testing/confirmation. Point being there are many things that can still proc it, we might just not see the actual trigger.
    It's certainly extremely incosistent. Kinda like old omen. That literally procced from just about everything.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's certainly extremely incosistent. Kinda like old omen. That literally procced from just about everything.
    it's there, however inconsistent and as long as it exists people are gonna find a way to abuse it...

honestly either remove it, give us a detailed list of what is going to PROCC it, or make it activate only on attacks from players, or mobs that are targetting you specifically..

Quote Originally Posted by 1ntrovert View Post
    it's there, however inconsistent and as long as it exists people are gonna find a way to abuse it...

honestly either remove it, give us a detailed list of what is going to PROCC it, or make it activate only on attacks from players, or mobs that are targetting you specifically..
    Your forgetting one option: Make it more reliable and balance accordingly.

So much of this. Any time there is a small add just wailing on a crit chicken, tanks and dps should know not to fuck with it.

Deleted
    Won't it have an ICD to prevent such things?

I would also imagine it only procs from special abilities that hit you directly (cast by players, bosses & world mobs), not AoE or auto attacks from mobs / players.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Won't it have an ICD to prevent such things?

I would also imagine it only procs from special abilities that hit you directly (cast by players, bosses & world mobs), not AoE or auto attacks from mobs / players.
    So far, it doesn't. And determining exactly what it procs from has been somewhat... complicated. It can proc from stuff that doesn't do damage or leave combat log entries, at least.

Ahh the wow community. There's always something to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    Ahh the wow community. There's always something to cry about.
    It's not really crying when the concerns are completely valid, or do you think one spec being able to double everyone else's damage on specific fights because of a design flaw a good idea?

Durumu -> never stacking so the parasites nom you. PROCS EVERYWHERE

Deleted
    It's not really crying when the concerns are completely valid, or do you think one spec being able to double everyone else's damage on specific fights because of a design flaw a good idea?
    I think his point is probably that it's only alpha, and this is something that will most likely not escape Blizzards attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Make it not proc in a raid instance. I'd rather remove the possibility of using it in raid -- because it's a major increase when utilized. However, leveling, questing, and other aspects of gameplay should still use it.
    Pretty much this

Deleted
    I don't main Moonkin, but has anyone ever tried on Klaxxi HC to just keep the parasite alive on them for the entire fight? Does stuff like this ever get abused? Like say, doing LK25H and keeping something hitting you, getting you flagged as "tank" and hence no Valk for you?