Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, they look terrible. I expected big fixes and a bit of flashiness for us in WoD but I'm getting extremely disappointed thus far.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    It will compete because shadow reflection is worse than you think. Its a 2min cd not a 1 min cd and it doesn't copy all your dmg only specials no auto or poison dmg. It also doesn't snapshot dmg meaning that if you have trinket up when you attack but its not up when it attacks it will do less dmg.

With that in mind all three 100 talents seem kind of weak/bad. You have a very niche talent that makes you have to have 3 targets poisoned at all times other wise you're looking at a talent that just gives you 5% energy reg most of the time. I already pointed out shadow reflections short comings, And DfA is a 50 energy finisher that stops all your dmg for 2 sec for a 50% more dmg finisher.

Overall all of those work about as good as they look lackluster....

Hopefully they heavily work on these mechanics and visuals on the 100 talents and they go back and fix our other talents but that last part is just a dream we'll be lucky if they work on the 100 talents much less more.
    Venom Zest no longer increases maximum energy by 15? Because if that is still the case (+15 energy) Venom Zest seems very attractive compared to Shadow Reflection and DfA.

the shadow reflection just dying seams dumb to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to the new mage spell effects, these look totally crap.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Looks like total shit. Glad I didn't pre-order WoD yet.

love how mages do get all the cool stuff while rogues suck it once again good job blizzderp
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

The expectation of flashiness here is kinda ridiculous. Rogues are not supposed to be flashy because they are rogues. They are supposed to be stealthy and subtle.

Mages are flashy because that's what magic is about. Grand flashy spells. If you're gonna play a class about stealth and expect flashiness then be disappointed at Blizzard then it's your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The expectation of flashiness here is kinda ridiculous. Rogues are not supposed to be flashy because they are rogues. They are supposed to be stealthy and subtle.

Mages are flashy because that's what magic is about. Grand flashy spells. If you're gonna play a class about stealth and expect flashiness then be disappointed at Blizzard then it's your own fault.
    ..... so its my fault that blizzard does not like rogues at all no revamp no visual updates not nothing a few changes here and there but nothing new and every rogue is quite disappointed well the most i know are so yeah, totaly my fault i liked to play rogue and stuck with it for over 6 years while getting ignored over and over and over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

Hey dude, i'm jumping now in the air eh? Can you stay at that point and wait if i have successful done my silly move to hit ya?

Thats so subtle..... xD

To be honest: Something flashy or not has nothing to do with the class. It's an opinion you like or not, nothing more. Visual (and audio) feedback is very important for the gameplay feeling.

Good examples: Tera, Darksiders I+II, Aion, GW2
    Bad examples: Rift, Warhammer Online, WoW (partial), Allods Online
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

I like the visual for Shadow Reflection. DfA though needs its animation sped up though.

Deleted
    Everyone complains about the animations and the rogue class, but no one offers solutions or improvements. Anyone who tries to generally gets shot down and dismissed, because no one can agree that rogues should change, or how they should change.

All 3 talents seem to suck ass. I don't really understand why, I guess they don't have any ideas for rogues except to stick to auto attack+poison damage and 5% extra energy regen for a level 100 talent. I can't see DfA being used by anyone who knows what they're doing without some significant changes. Shadow Reflection seems pretty pathetic as well.

But I'm sure that long-awaited "rogue revamp" is just around the corner!

Jumping is quite fun, i'm really like dwarf stromstrike animation. But they should lower height and increase animation speed. Don't think that animations should be flashy, but blizz can add something like minor glyph that will add wings from fangs of the father to DfA animation.

Deleted
    Death from above should be a teleport finishing move that replaces eviscerate\envenom, with no cooldown.

Venomous zest should just be scrapped. Perhaps have it proc shadowblades for a few seconds off melee attacks.

As for the rogue pet, I don't like it. Every damn class has a pet nowadays. It's awful and pets need to be stripped from the game except for locks and hunters.

Animations are kinda meh, but "only alpha" comment is mandatory, so nothing changed for me.

All three talents looks basically uninspired - it's like i can touch the effort in Blizzard to make things that aim to basically not screw or change too much what rogues are. Tbh the only one i like is Venom Zest because it actually affects our cycle/gameplay with faster energy regen.

As i'm saying for a quite long time now, rogue talent tree needs a revamp making tiers more consistent like tier 1 is all about Stealth modifiers (a poison tier, a stun tier, etc). Also we already have a huge toolbox - which in PvP is used a lot due to the increased number of different situations we have to face. In PvE, until all our CC and situational abilities have a place somewhere, we will be always tied to the same three moves.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    Death from above should be a teleport finishing move that replaces eviscerate\envenom, with no cooldown.

Venomous zest should just be scrapped. Perhaps have it proc shadowblades for a few seconds off melee attacks.

As for the rogue pet, I don't like it. Every damn class has a pet nowadays. It's awful and pets need to be stripped from the game except for locks and hunters.
    I like both of the ideas. The way the reflection works in the video seems really dull. Suddenly it's there and just stands still for 8 seconds, and then repeats what you do. Honestly I'd rather have it work as a reversed DK death strike. Pop it and it repeats all the attacks you did the last 8 seconds, instead of popping it and then doing the damage, then it repeats. Nothing more annoying than popping a CD, only to be CC'ed, or boss has to be moved, or you get randomly targeted for MC etc etc. Just let me do my damage, and then have the excitement of pushing a button to do it all over again.

Edit; also, I'm not sure about what the reflection will actually mirror. For PvE I suppose you want to keep this ability on CD or chain it with other CD's anyways, but in PvP you feel "oh, I did a lot of damage right now", and then launch this thing to do the exact same attacks. However it will be pretty boring if it doesn't copy everything, i.e. 4 dispatch crits in a row.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-06-09 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    ..... so its my fault that blizzard does not like rogues at all no revamp no visual updates not nothing a few changes here and there but nothing new and every rogue is quite disappointed well the most i know are so yeah, totaly my fault i liked to play rogue and stuck with it for over 6 years while getting ignored over and over and over again
    Do you ever do anything other than complain? If you don't like how rogues look or play, reroll to another class.

On-topic: at least we get a new animation through DfA. Animations being pretty meh was to be expected though, the level 100 talents by themselves are pretty lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Do you ever do anything other than complain? If you don't like how rogues look or play, reroll to another class.

On-topic: at least we get a new animation through DfA. Animations being pretty meh was to be expected though, the level 100 talents by themselves are pretty lackluster.
    yes i clean my house i go outside go to the cinema i do alot of stuff :> also i've been playing rogue since 6 years why would i reroll to another class ? it's like saying hey you dont like that porsche of yours go buy a volvo Ö_ö

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    Everyone complains about the animations and the rogue class, but no one offers solutions or improvements. Anyone who tries to generally gets shot down and dismissed, because no one can agree that rogues should change, or how they should change.
    Actually there is a consensus that Rogue animations can still have style but stay true to the Rogue class (eg FoK, Crimson Tempest).

those suck...