Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Don't those mechanics typically stick to primary resources? Rage Mana Energy? But yes 10stack DB would destroy everything else in the game making that phase of the encounter obsolete with a few demo locks.
    The ones I can think of yeah are usually primary resources, but at this point nearly everyone has a secondary resource
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The times I am thinking of more are fights we get to have a lot of placeholder dooms and an imp army fueling tons of fury. I'd like to think free aoe application of doom would allow more dps tunneling time with only 1 min dooms, but spamming DB sounds fun.

I just found a bug, or presume to have found it (maybe already reported), which covers mainly the demonology.

Burning Rush + Soul Link (that share the damage) cause the state of combat, rather boring

Burning Rush + Soul Link + Grimoire of Synergy (remembering what has been said before) cause the proc of new talent, I think quite useful in the pre-fight

Can someone confirm this?

P.S. sorry for my eng

Quote Originally Posted by Darkensoul89 View Post
    I just found a bug, or presume to have found it (maybe already reported), which covers mainly the demonology.

Burning Rush + Soul Link (that share the damage) cause the state of combat, rather boring

Burning Rush + Soul Link + Grimoire of Synergy (remembering what has been said before) cause the proc of new talent, I think quite useful in the pre-fight

Can someone confirm this?

P.S. sorry for my eng
    I reported the combat bug like 2 months ago on the forums. Nice to see they haven't fixed it. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I reported the combat bug like 2 months ago on the forums. Nice to see they haven't fixed it. :/
    I had a trinket proc from burning rush while running to Malkorok the first raid after 6.0.2, was pretty cool! Shame it was PBOI, rip ICD...

I did as well and it was fixed... I haven't noticed it coming back but I also hadn't extensively tested it since it was fixed.

Remember how the old Fel Armor used to proc trinkets and the tailoring proc? Took them years to fix that.

I can confirm the combat bug with Soul Link and Burning Rush. I've had it happen nonstop. It procs the hell out of my trinkets too so I'm constantly afraid to use Burning Rush when in a raid because I don't want to screw myself over.

I've also noticed that when I kill a target and still have some imps out (just after using swarm or something like that) those imps keep me in combat forever, even when there is nothing to attack. This combined with the burning rush bug makes things very, very annoying.

Patch notes not mentioning the double soul fire nerf worries me

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patch notes not mentioning nerfs is nothing new.

We're not warriors or mages. Don't expect it to be a priority until the season/raids start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    We're not warriors or mages. Don't expect it to be a priority until the season/raids start.
    Just silly, it's a known bug they need to fix because it's the kind that pollutes their data. Not mentioning it is hardly unusual though, it's very spec specific and fairly trivial; noteworthy bug-fixes tend to be the ones that effect everyone and/or are significantly gameplay impacting, i.e. causes crashes or causes an ability to be abusively overpowered.

Maybe that "polluted data" will convince them demo needs most of its nerfs reverted? Probably they felt that bugged meta soulfire was "about right" given the current climate of treatment from blizz. FYI, I know not ALL devs agreed with the demo nerfs or at least not their magnitude. That implies someone higher up than a regular dev (or most of the office) wants to kick us in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Maybe that "polluted data" will convince them demo needs most of its nerfs reverted? Probably they felt that bugged meta soulfire was "about right" given the current climate of treatment from blizz. FYI, I know not ALL devs agreed with the demo nerfs or at least not their magnitude. That implies someone higher up than a regular dev (or most of the office) wants to kick us in the nuts.
    /tinfoilhat
    I am sensing a trend with you, so I will save you some grief. The developers are not out to kill the warlock class. Demonology needs a bit of help, but I don't see it getting neglected while they are finally getting around to actual tuning.

From the Demo Guide topic...

Acteon ‏@Acteon2 7h7 hours ago
    @Rygarius Nothing on SoulFire. http://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/524608243004239872 … Can we expect a fix before or after 7.0? */sarcasm*

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 2h2 hours ago
    @Acteon2 @Rygarius This has been fixed.
    10:29 AM - 28 Oct 2014 · Details

Fix the known, data-polluting bugs, THEN tune based off that cleaned data. How is that hard for somebody with a developer gig to figure out?

Here's how I image it going, "Polluted data because of known bugs? Nah, don't fix the bugs first, we'll just tune off the bad data! 30% across the board nerf! Hooray, job done! If we need to re-tune we can look at the class sometime after the next two raid tiers!"
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-10-28 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Fix the known, data-polluting bugs, THEN tune based off that cleaned data. How is that hard for somebody with a developer gig to figure out?

Here's how I image it going, "Polluted data because of known bugs? Nah, don't fix the bugs first, we'll just tune off the bad data! 30% across the board nerf! Hooray, job done! If we need to re-tune we can look at the class sometime after the next two raid tiers!"
    It is fixed
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...50054121799680

As per the Demonology Guide Forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post

Aside from having fixed it, they don't necessarily catch all bugs, or simply are unable to fix them to work 'as intended' as might be described as in the tooltip; so because of this, they test using bots within the confines of the game as well as collate data from player tests, again within the confines of the code of the game.

The result is that they tend to end up balancing around bugs, which is preferable to balancing around 'intent' or external simulation, as it's affords a better representation of what players can actually achieve. So it is genuinely better that they balance this way for everyones sake as it is relatively easy as bugs get ironed out to retune and compensate or nerf as necessary to keep specs in line so long as any given bug isn't too significant, as the earlier Metamorphosis bug was, but as the Soul Fire bug was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblucy View Post
    It is fixed
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...50054121799680

As per the Demonology Guide Forums

Yeah, fixed AFTER the 30% across-the-board nerf.