Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Fire and Brimstone copy much?
    Do not know if you are new to this game, as it seems very much so, so I am going explain it in smaller words for you. Shadowbolt Volley is CURRENTLY in game and being used by Lord Kazzak. It has been in game since Vanilla. It was then used by Kruul during the BC launch patch, prior to the Dark Portal opening. It was then given to Demonology through Metamorphosis during WoTLK beta. Your "copy" much is a copy of a Demonology spell. But, the way I made I stated it, was to keep Destruction with their FnB Incin, rather i copied Harvest Life and simply used the Visuals of Shadowbolt in my "description." But Hey, since you are new, I understand that you do not know who Kazzak is, or that shadowbolt volley was given to Demo before 2 expansions before Destruction had its. But, yea, I am TOTALLY copying FnB, specially when i said cast... wait.. I didnt. I said Channel. yep, total rip. =.= Can you try again?

10+ Year Old Account
    We also had Shadow Bolt Volley while using Cunning of the Cruel trinket, which pre-dated the current version of FnB. Also, FnB is functionaly different as it is effectively a toggle between 'AoE stance' and single target stance. You're better off comparing it to Metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We also had Shadow Bolt Volley while using Cunning of the Cruel trinket, which pre-dated the current version of FnB. Also, FnB is functionaly different as it is effectively a toggle between 'AoE stance' and single target stance.
    Oh yea, totally forgot about that dragon soul trinket... god I hated dragon soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best. Trinket. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Best. Trinket. Ever.
    Yea, in terms of procs, it was absolutely amazing. But in terms of pure raw power, Chalice beat it. On a timer Perfect for our meta Cd, omg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Yea, in terms of procs, it was absolutely amazing. But in terms of pure raw power, Chalice beat it. On a timer Perfect for our meta Cd, omg
    We replaced MWC with CoC and Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, the trinkets in that tier were ridiculous. I guess in terms of raw power within a tier, then yeah MWC was way more important, but that was horrible design and brutally opaque - it wasn't strong in anything resembling a good way.

Show Bolt volley isn't new... I know exactly what you are talking about but at the same time all the Volleys from those spells are targeted. The only thing you are doing is making a Shadow version of Fire and Brimstone. Unless you want it on a CD then it's not much of an AoE and is just another CD. So basically it's FIRE AND BRIMSTONE BUT FOR SHADOWBOLT.

Or if you want to think of it your way ok Fire and Brimstone is a copy of Shadowbolt Volley... Either way they are basically the same spell sending a targeted nuke out to the targets at a specific location. Just because visuals are different doesn't make the spell different or unique.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see it as being something new and special to Demo it'll act just like Incinerate FnB (ignore the toggle that's not relevant it could be a separate button and would still function the same.)

But it's not something worth arguing about.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know Shadowbolt Volley would occupy the same thematic space as Fire and Brimstone, but I don't care....I would love that for Demo. And SBV came first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Show Bolt volley isn't new... I know exactly what you are talking about but at the same time all the Volleys from those spells are targeted. The only thing you are doing is making a Shadow version of Fire and Brimstone. Unless you want it on a CD then it's not much of an AoE and is just another CD. So basically it's FIRE AND BRIMSTONE BUT FOR SHADOWBOLT.

Or if you want to think of it your way ok Fire and Brimstone is a copy of Shadowbolt Volley... Either way they are basically the same spell sending a targeted nuke out to the targets at a specific location. Just because visuals are different doesn't make the spell different or unique.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see it as being something new and special to Demo it'll act just like Incinerate FnB (ignore the toggle that's not relevant it could be a separate button and would still function the same.)

But it's not something worth arguing about.
    If what I said is the exact same as FnB, then you clearly did not read what I wrote, and only read "shadowbolt Volley." You do not understand the thematics or gameplay of this game. What I said was a channeled spell, did i not? If you say its to much like FnB like that, then you clearly do not realize there are already so many "target X target and channel Y ability and do Z Damage." Did I say "Lay down an aoe (RoF) and then Cast X nuke over and over?" No. I basically said "Target and channel." not Cast.

Your entire argument against it is simply "Shadowbolt" is our filler, and shouldnt be used because destro uses their filler. We are technically not using our filler, since we would be pressing a seperate button to channel Consistent rapid fired bolts at the enemy... Think... Arcane barrage (individual bolts) meets harvest life (aoe smart targeting) with shadow bolt visuals. Is it the same as FnB? No. You do not have Mass Corruption or Doom for that matter. You do not have mass Soul fire. No. You have a channeled Shadowbolt Volley. This button would simply replace Hellfire as a channeled ability. Not A stance, but a different button. It would then be Upgraded to something like Doombolt Volley, so we wouldnt be channeling Shadowbolt Volley all the time, like destruction does with Incin currently. Tell me how does that take the Thematic space of FnB? Thats right, it does. It basically takes old Harvest Lifes, but now doesnt have the drain function.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Give back Fel Flame
    2) Shadow Bolt in caster form becomes Shadow Bolt Volley in Meta form
    3) Fel Flame in caster form becomes Touch of Chaos in Meta form

I don't know if having your caster filler and your meta filler switch buttons is a good idea, but it'd probably be better than something OTHER than Shadow Bolt becoming Shadow Bolt Volley. Maybe the Shadow Bolt Volley visual would get lost if we're still stuck in melee for Immolation Aura.

Deleted
    fairly sure that shadow bolt volley along with immolation aura/hellfire is going to be extremely OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    fairly sure that shadow bolt volley along with immolation aura/hellfire is going to be extremely OP.
    Keep in mind that we have Void Ray right now (yeah, it sucks) to complement Immolation Aura and that's going away. Theoretical SBV would just be a more user-friendly replacement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Keep in mind that we have Void Ray right now (yeah, it sucks) to complement Immolation Aura and that's going away. Theoretical SBV would just be a more user-friendly replacement.
    unless they bring back fel flame, and SBV would also need to do less dmg due to that "user-friendlyness" but i get your point.

Just make Hellfire/ImmoAura cast on a target. It takes minimal damage, but once you're at it + 2 other targets its damage + Fury cost/generation is worth it.

Don't get me wrong - aesthetically I'd probably prefer Shadowbolt Volley, but this seems like a simple fix ... and what happens to SBV in Meta ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'd trade hellfire for shadowbolt volley in a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Just make Hellfire/ImmoAura cast on a target. It takes minimal damage, but once you're at it + 2 other targets its damage + Fury cost/generation is worth it.

Don't get me wrong - aesthetically I'd probably prefer Shadowbolt Volley, but this seems like a simple fix ... and what happens to SBV in Meta ?
    The upgraded form of shadowbolt would be technically Doombolt (doomguard's cast), at least from what we have seen demons used. Introduced in WoD is Void bolt. So, my guess, would be doombolt volley in meta at that point.

But is that easiest to do? Hellfire/immoaura on target? yea. Doubt they would though, since they had replaced Hellfire with RoF in MoP beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Euh, anyone seen this in official patch notes? If so, what's up with that?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Grimoire of Supremacy pets now generates 20% more Demonic Fury.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...notes-july-11/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Euh, anyone seen this in official patch notes? If so, what's up with that?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Grimoire of Supremacy pets now generates 20% more Demonic Fury.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...notes-july-11/
    I am sure it is to bring the two talents in line, but I am QQ right now over the death of GoServ. Most testing is needed.

...I left a few lines to point out that MORE TESTING IS NEEDED, because people are really quick to freaking out about nothing.

Id posted a comment about the discrepancy of Fury Generation based off that talent row and suggested they add in 20% fury for Supremacy to make the talents about burst/aoe/utility vs sustained damage compared to being stuck with Service because of the extra fury generation. Which is an actual choice now wasn't really before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id posted a comment about the discrepancy of Fury Generation based off that talent row and suggested they add in 20% fury for Supremacy to make the talents about burst/aoe/utility vs sustained damage compared to being stuck with Service because of the extra fury generation. Which is an actual choice now wasn't really before.
    At least we know who to blame now.

I'm kidding of course. I had no idea there was such a discrepancy between the talents. Or rather I'd heard about it a while back, but I wasn't aware they hadn't fixed that yet.