Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hopped on the beta to see if they fixed anything with wild imps and it's all still really broken. In addition to the imp swarm not working, Doom crits don't proc wild imps. I suspect the two might be related. Furthermore, any wild imps that are spawned by touch of chaos or shadowbolts will only attack the mob that spawned them. They then just sit around until they time-out despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Filabane View Post
    That's more or less been our AoE since the fury cost nerf to Void Ray. You can try to mix HoG in too, like we do now, but that is basically it.
    Right now we use demonic slash and fishing for chaos wave proccs, but the tier bonus will be gone, so will void ray leaving nothing do to at all. Hope we see some changes to that, but i am highly pessimistic :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    So a few question for you beta testers:

Imp swarm working yet? Intended removal?

I think in data mined stuff I saw a change to the molten core perk- anyone know more about this?

Found it :Improved Molten Core Molten Core reduces the cast time and mana cost of Soul Fire by an additional 25%. (Now 10%.)
    Probably to do with how they stacked and made MC ridiculously fast to cast. but boooo
    The damage of Soul Fire was increased to compensate. At one second base the spec was running into scaling issues where haste was almost useless sub 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    How are we going to aoe btw? Going into Meta, popping immo aura and go afk? Except for 1 cataclysm every 60 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filabane View Post
    That's more or less been our AoE since the fury cost nerf to Void Ray. You can try to mix HoG in too, like we do now, but that is basically it.
    i use to like using carrion swarm with the glyph to add to my aoe damage, but even with that demo's aoe is kinda strange we're not a melee class yet to get our aoe we have to be in melee range

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's been fine at 2.5s for 9 years, most of that we had to talent to bring it down to that. You cut it down, and the next thing you know everyones up in arms because Haste scales to badly or you have so much haste that you're GCD capping your main filler, or Soul Fire doesn't feel different enough from Shadowbolt so what's the point...
    I guess for me it just really came into focus in contrast to the blazing-fast beta MC'd Soulfire / ToC spam
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Fun fact: The removal of Carrion Swarm is currently nowhere to be found in the patch notes.

Am I just seeing things or does it appear our imps are just standing around and not casting at some points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by collinsurvive View Post
    Am I just seeing things or does it appear our imps are just standing around and not casting at some points?
    Yeah, if they leave combat, they won't re-enter against a new target.

Here's a log to 7 pulls on Oregorger today as Demo. I'm very new to demo (started yesterday) so I'm sure I'm not the greatest, but I hope these logs can help with something! I can't post links yet, but here's the link without the required http.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Tvfznp73yBg8KjVC

Edit:

I'll also use this post to see if I'm doing things somewhat correctly. On the pull I'm popping DS, putting up corruption, and casting WoG twice while felstorming with my pet. I then hop into demon and cast doom, then hop out to caster form and cast my doomguard and shadowbolt spam while holding onto MC procs and maintaining corruption and casting WoG as it comes off CD. When I reach full or near full demonic fury I swap into demon form and pop my 2nd DS (using Archimonde's Darkness), touch of chaos to refresh corruption, 1 demonbolt, then spam away all of my MC procs and refreshing doom before I'm out. Felstorm is also about up at this point so I pop that too. Pretty much rinse and repeat using DS on demon form.
    Last edited by thingmabobby; 2014-07-28 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got some clarifications of a few things on the Theorycraft thread...

Are Dooms applied by Cataclysm in Metamorphosis intended to each cost Fury individually?
    No, bug.

Is the duration of the debuff applied by Demonbolt updated dynamically with Haste, or does it snapshot Haste at the point of cast?
    No, cooldown durations are always set at cast time.

Will Cataclysm be tuned to be on par in terms of DPS with Demonbolt for single target encounters?
    No, purely single target, Demonbolt would likely beat Cataclysm.

Will Demonbolt gain some kind of benefit for multitarget fights, where it's objectively inferior to Cataclysm/Servitude-Infernal?

We're aiming to make them as competitive as possible, but at their core, Demonbolt accells at single target damage, Cataclysm at AoE damage, and Servitude at flexibility and simplicity.

We're aiming to make them as competitive as possible, but at their core, Demonbolt accells at single target damage, Cataclysm at AoE damage, and Servitude at flexibility and simplicity.
    aka servitude is for noobs

Also he repeated he doesn't want philosophy questions in there :P

But it's good he broke the guideline to toss us a bone
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also he repeated he doesn't want philosophy questions in there :P

But it's good he broke the guideline to toss us a bone
    That was the other guy arguing with me I think/hope; it was the kind of philosophy question that helps with feedback overall anyway. Kinda sad though that we just won't be getting much use of Demonbolt as a result, because ST fights happen like twice a tier these days. :/

Been testing a bit again, not sure why people are saying the spec feels sluggish; with full buffs at 100 you're getting a decent 50-60 second cycle, and that's without the Imps we should be getting from Doom which would clearly improve both Fury and MC charges. Once we get Imp Swarm back, we can for certain cast a couple, maybe even three back to back DBs and whatever MC charges/ToCs within Dark Soul's duration without completely exhausting yourself. I think Haste will turn out to be a pretty decent stat for a DB build to shorten that debuff, and increase Fury generation - remember we're not snapshotting Meta onto Shadowflame anymore which is a pretty big deal and weakens Mastery. Annoying that a second cast resets the debuff timer, would be nice if they could somehow give the debuff stacks individual timers.

Finally /giggling at Mage's Meteor animation, so much better than our HoG...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    aka servitude is for heavy movement encounters
    Fixed that for you. If you can't plant yourself for your Soul Fires, Demonbolts/Cataclysms, the extra damage from those minions that's just happening will prove itself to be more valuable. We don't have Fel Flame anymore, so a lot more Fury will end up going into ToC instead of SFs.

Fixed that for you. If you can't plant yourself for your Soul Fires, Demonbolts/Cataclysms, the extra damage from those minions that's just happening will prove itself to be more valuable. We don't have Fel Flame anymore, so a lot more Fury will end up going into ToC instead of SFs.
    As Destro I found myself using DServ a lot in dungeons due to constant movement for boss fights. Both CR and Cata plants our feet pretty heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    As Destro I found myself using DServ a lot in dungeons due to constant movement for boss fights. Both CR and Cata plants our feet pretty heavily.
    That's it? All of you 3 are disapointing me.

Where's the magic? It's a Doomguard/Infernal pet, as long as it doesn't suck, it's awesome :P

Also got some GoSyn information:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestalon
    1.333 RPPM +USP

No effect on Fury generation.

Deleted
    It's pretty boring nonetheless.. basically it's an improved GoSup.

The "magic" would be some tricky and interesting to use spell or mechanic. Something that adds "mojo".
    Atm I have a serious problem with cataclysm in dungeons: Tanks tend to think it's something bad and move out of it, taking the mobs with them. At least it's funny to make melees run around. CR is just disgusting however and demon bolt is just worse than cataclysm in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    It's pretty boring nonetheless.. basically it's an improved GoSup.

The "magic" would be some tricky and interesting to use spell or mechanic. Something that adds "mojo".
    I know it's meant to replace the Guardian, but while I've not tried it my understanding is that on Beta it's currently not doing so. Combining it then with Service for 3 Doomguards or Infernals is something I would actually regard as pretty magical.

Atm I have a serious problem with cataclysm in dungeons: Tanks tend to think it's something bad and move out of it, taking the mobs with them. At least it's funny to make melees run around. CR is just disgusting however and demon bolt is just worse than cataclysm in every way.
    Always funny, but they get used to it, I recall HoG causing the same grief for tanks when they first implemented it.

Deleted
    Always funny, but they get used to it, I recall HoG causing the same grief for tanks when they first implemented it.
    Good thing is its long cast time. You can keep cancelling the cast and chase them around with that big glowing void zone that somehow seems to follow that rogue :O

I know it's meant to replace the Guardian, but while I've not tried it my understanding is that on Beta it's currently not doing so.
    Is it?

So it's balanced around maintaining the same dps as the other talents and the loss of a dps cooldown? That's something we never got much clarification on, if it's a replacement for just pets or it's meant to remove a cooldown too.