Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What are the actual stat weights breaking down to? I haven't had a chance to pull it and mess with sim let alone the new APL you have which would change weights too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the current stat weights we are seeing:

Why is multi that high up, or even even with crit?

Soul-fire scaling?
    But I would imagine Crit Doom criticals will outscale it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthaven- View Post
    Why is multi that high up, or even even with crit?

Soul-fire scaling?
    But I would imagine Crit Doom criticals will outscale it.
    With them that even, we would generally go Mult over Crit due to it being better 2+

Really the sad part though is that Haste is still so low. I don't have any other specs / classes weights in front of me, but I would be surprised if there are many classes that have a worse stat then Vers.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    What are the actual stat weights breaking down to? I haven't had a chance to pull it and mess with sim let alone the new APL you have which would change weights too.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozpe60lalo...arlock_00.html

I promise it won't download illegal things to your desktop <_<.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    With them that even, we would generally go Mult over Crit due to it being better 2+

Really the sad part though is that Haste is still so low. I don't have any other specs / classes weights in front of me, but I would be surprised if there are many classes that have a worse stat then Vers.
    Of the classes that aren't horribly undertuned:

Both frost dks crit
    Assassination haste
    WW mastery
    Demo haste

Haste is that low for demo because cataclysm doesn't REALLY scale with it at all, yes reduced cast time but that's insignificant to it's total damage.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2014-08-13 at 08:03 AM.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

I'm kind of surprised that the simcraft stuff didn't have drain life in its apl, with the current buffs, and the talent, it does beat out shadow bolt in terms of damage for filler, and generates as much fury. Though I just noticed now about using SF out of meta because of scaling etc.. Even still without MC proc's has anyone tested this? I'm just horrible with simcraft's apl to even begin trying to tweak it myself.

I'm concerned about Ashran spellbook buff as well. Does it mean if you've chosen Demonic Servitude, then spellbook buff is useless?(it lessens your cooldown of Doomguard/Infernal to 2m) I hope they fix all these stuffs on live
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    I'm concerned about Ashran spellbook buff as well. Does it mean if you've chosen Demonic Servitude, then spellbook buff is useless?(it lessens your cooldown of Doomguard/Infernal to 2m) I hope they fix all these stuffs on live
    They're entering the tuning phase as of the next build so I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They're entering the tuning phase as of the next build so I wouldn't count on it.
    I always liked strong pets(yeah I always use GoSup) so DS would be my ideal talent for that row. I would love them to have a look at it and change it
    If not, well I always have my Wrathguard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Very long cast as well, feels like you just stop every minute to do this. About as much fun as Invocation, look what happened to that.

At this point, I'd be happy if they were to announce Warlocks weren't going to get a 100 row.
    Given how weak perma Infernal and Doomguard are, and how lame a 3 second cast, ground targeted aoe is, I think I'd prefer to not have a row of level 100 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozpe60lalo...arlock_00.html

I promise it won't download illegal things to your desktop <_<.

- - - Updated - - -

Of the classes that aren't horribly undertuned:

Both frost dks crit
    Assassination haste
    WW mastery
    Demo haste

Haste is that low for demo because cataclysm doesn't REALLY scale with it at all, yes reduced cast time but that's insignificant to it's total damage.
    I have incredibly mixed feelings about our stat weights all boiling down to "how does this affect Cataclysm?" On one hand, I like things that hit like a truck made of cannon balls. On the other hand, that can't be good for our gameplay overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Asherg is on completely on side of actual balance. It probably get things added still no matter what, currently some classes have barely one book that is worthless anyway (like us), while some have multiple and grossly op (disengage no cd, flying etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    ToC is WAY more efficient than Soul Fire right now. ToC's Damage per demonic fury per execute time is 1.1505% of spell power. Soul Fire is 0.7265625% of spell power. That's NEARLY 60% more efficient.
    Do we really care about damage per fury per execute time though? SF is more Fury efficient than ToC, and it's more damage per execute, so I don't really see how that one subset makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I have incredibly mixed feelings about our stat weights all boiling down to "how does this affect Cataclysm?" On one hand, I like things that hit like a truck made of cannon balls. On the other hand, that can't be good for our gameplay overall.
    It's a huge problem when it's completely unusable on an encounter like Hans and Franz last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we really care about damage per fury per execute time though? SF is more Fury efficient than ToC, and it's more damage per execute, so I don't really see how that one subset makes a difference.
    It's down to the low Haste at early gear levels, ToC doesn't scale at all as it's GCD capped to a 1sec GCD. It will fix itself later on.

I missed the testing, why was it unusable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the testing, why was it unusable?
    So much movement, if you weren't moving, the bosses were. You basically never had yourself and the bosses planted for the same 3 seconds.

So much movement, if you weren't moving, the bosses were. You basically never had yourself and the bosses planted for the same 3 seconds.
    Well, it's a good thing the CD of KJC is a minute then, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't help when it's the boss that's being moved So I used Demonbolt instead, it wasn't completely horrible to be fair; certainly plays a lot nicer than Cataclysm.

Doesn't help when it's the boss that's being moved So I used Demonbolt instead, it wasn't completely horrible to be fair; certainly plays a lot nicer than Cataclysm.
    Maybe, but I'm sure that the bosses will stand still for at least 3 seconds. Or, in a real raid situation, you'll be able to adjust your cast to offset any (hopefully predictable) movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible, but could be counterproductive to wait so long for that moment.