Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'd rather that the FnB Chaosbolt wasn't coupled to the rest of CR.
    Without FnB-CB, CR has absolutely NO AoE potential whatsoever. All of Destro's live AoE potential comes from Conflag/Incinerate. 400% reduced damage done cuts AoE potential by an equal amount. (Except magnified since the absolute values are so much more significant.)

Some sort of solution for AoE is required for CR in order for CR to not be pidgeon-holed into the role of pure single target no-movement similar to AD.

Ah. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I just like the concept of AoE CB as a talent (maybe Manoroths Fury?) but I'm not a fan of the CB spam for single target that we seem headed towards.

Deleted
    Ah. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I just like the concept of AoE CB as a talent (maybe Manoroths Fury?) but I'm not a fan of the CB spam for single target that we seem headed towards.
    in all honesty, it would have made more sense to remove the rain of fire from mannoroth's fury and add aoe CBs to that instead, ofc it would mean CR has no aoe potential but one could make the arguement that CR's aoe potential is its increased ember generation which along with CB in MF gives it aoe potential albeit indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    in all honesty, it would have made more sense to remove the rain of fire from mannoroth's fury and add aoe CBs to that instead, ofc it would mean CR has no aoe potential but one could make the arguement that CR's aoe potential is its increased ember generation which along with CB in MF gives it aoe potential albeit indirectly.
    One can't really make that argument. Ember generation is not a factor in AoE potential. It IS a factor in the number of targets you can AoE on though. The key difference is that there is a difference between AoE damage potential, and AoE possiblity. (We're one of the few specs in the game where AoE is limited in any way by resources. Only other is Demo/Frost DK iirc.)

For example, w/ CR I can sustain a FnB rotation on 3! targets without CB. I'm doing absolutely terrible damage while doing so, but I'm able to do it.

Ok. From the latest patch notes, Flames of Xoroth is officially removed from the game, and Crit Attunement now affects gains from buffs (all sources) as well as gear.

I guess Blizzard REALLY want to force us into GoSac?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Ok. From the latest patch notes, Flames of Xoroth is officially removed from the game, and Crit Attunement now affects gains from buffs (all sources) as well as gear.

Oh God. Welcome to crit cap I guess.

Celestalon acknowledged GrimSac's effect on Crit for Destruction in one of his theorycrafting posts. It looks like they might change how it functions.

From gahddo via Desir:

Regarding the influence of the interaction between empowered incinerate, grimoire of sacrifice, charred remains, and mastery: emberstorm on mastery:

Bare in mind this is the first iteration of simc, but destruction has remained mostly unchanged, and I'm confident from looking at logs its functioning within expected parameters FOR THESE CONDITIONS. Demonic servitude isn't in yet.

With the current design, two of those things hyper inflate the amount of crit available to destruction. Incinerate ends up with +55% crit chance from normal. This increases the ember generation drastically.

Then charred remains comes in with its 300% increase in ember generation, and basically rewrites how we play destruction. It shifts chaos bolt/shadowburn from 30-40% of our damage up to basically double that at 70-85%.
    Celestalon's response:

We're taking a look at the change to Grimoire of Sacrifice for Warlords; these are fair points.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...29?page=16#304

Seriously, that red on latest updates is really off in some places.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no word on whether Health Funnel going missing for destruction is intended.

Deleted
    One thing I am MASSIVELY confused about.

I have glyphs for curses, flames of xoroth and twilight ward and yet none are in my spell book? I thought "okay maybe they give them to you as you level". Went and made a 100 toon, still not there. Have they effectively removed these abilities and just not removed the glyphs or am I being dumb?

Ignore this, went through the patch notes and found they're removed. I can understand CoE being removed but FoX?! Seems a bit shitty that hunters have a FREE instant res (albeit on a big cooldown) yet we will be stuck with a cast time resummon if we choose to go supremacy.
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2014-07-12 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    They just havent removed the glyphs yet it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Seriously, that red on latest updates is really off in some places.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no word on whether Health Funnel going missing for destruction is intended.
    I don't think it got up and left on its own....

Deleted
    So this isn't destro specific but whatever.

Have they removed the cooldown on the observers optical blast?! I was able to spam it in a dungeon today and I'm sure the last time I used it (ToT) it had a cooldown?

I don't think it got up and left on its own....
    Who knows if they implemented pet AI for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    So this isn't destro specific but whatever.

Have they removed the cooldown on the observers optical blast?! I was able to spam it in a dungeon today and I'm sure the last time I used it (ToT) it had a cooldown?
    That has so not got to be intended.

I see no reason for FoX to be removed.

Is it button bloat? WTF?

I cant remember ever having the spell actually work. Gives imp every time when i 99% of the time use voidwalkers and felhunters.

I see no reason for FoX to be removed.

Is it button bloat? WTF?
    Demonic Rebirth got removed from Demo too. I guess they want losing a pet to be more punishing?

Without Flames of Xoroth though it's just going to push more people into taking GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    I cant remember ever having the spell actually work. Gives imp every time when i 99% of the time use voidwalkers and felhunters.
    Maybe that's why they removed it LOL.

"We can't figure out how to fix this..."

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    Actually it works just fine, the 'hitch' that people refer to with the Imp is due to some issues with the logic used in the coding; when you 'zone' the logic defaults to the first entrance in the 'table' which is the Imp. So if you want the spell to function correctly you must always hardcast your demon after zoning and you won't have that issue. I had this problem for quite awhile in RBGs and to some extent in LFRs until I figured out how the logic was working, since then I've never had the spell not produce the last demon I had out.

I know some of the very fine Warlocks on this forum know this, but I saw it and thought I'd finally go ahead and Join good ol' MMO-Champ instead of just lurking in the shadows...

We know this. (And I'm not even one of the very fine Warlocks)

We still consider the "hitch" as broken.

And welcome former lurker!

We know this. (And I'm not even one of the very fine Warlocks)

We still consider the "hitch" as broken.

And welcome former lurker!
    Ahh, I see, derpy me didn't recognize your cheek-in-tongued-ness! :P

But just in case I figured it'd be cool to let people know because it is frustrating when you don't know and have that crucial 'rez' not go the way you'd anticipated...

And thank you Grizy, I've liked a lot of your posts.