What do you think about WoW being playable on two monitors?

I know it will probably never happen, not that it bothers me, but I think it would be awesome if WoW implemented a feature where a player can fully utilize two screens.

The first monitor would be WoW as we normally see it now, while the second one could be purely for other UI stuff, such as bags, the chat box, or other addons that clutter our screen now.

I just think it would be the sickest thing to be able to play WoW in its cinematic mode, while still having all the information needed to play

Edit:
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about. It's not quite the same as just increasing the resolution to equal two monitors I suppose
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ekshow02/1.jpg
    Last edited by robrusleg; 2014-06-07 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added picture example

Deleted
    Iirc there was few screenshots from raids where player had clean screen on the middle, and left and right screens were full of bags/chat windows. Ain't it as simple as changing your game's resolution to like 6000x1080 (or something)?
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-06-07 at 10:05 AM.

Err... why do you think this isn't possible?

AMD has technology called "Eyefinity" and Nvidia has "Surround". I play all my MMORPGs across 3 monitors.

For instance:

I usually keep the standard UI stuff (hotbar, minimap, chat, etc.) on the center monitor and move the extra windows (Skills, Talents, Bags, etc.) to the other monitors.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2014-06-07 at 10:02 AM.

Maconi, is what you're saying doable with two monitors?

I think it's possible (don't quote me on that), but I'm not sure how well it would work. Usually Eyefinity and Surround center the game on the monitors you're using. So if you used two you'd have a big black bezel in the middle of your merged screen (as seen below).

Although I'm sure there's a way to trick it into thinking you have 3 (like the image I posted before) so that you have the game centered on your middle monitor with just 1 of the peripheral monitors (to throw your extra windows on as you mentioned).
    Last edited by Maconi; 2014-06-07 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is doable and many setups has a support for it to make it work with WoW too.

Though, it isn't a good investment for Blizzard to look into such use. They allow the development so other tools can make you do it. Think Blizzard's average playerbase only plays with one screen.

I have 2 screens running myself, but don't want wow on 2 screens (unless I have 2 accounts going). One screen goes for games and the other serves as browsing, movies, TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, thinking of the actual nature of this thread, I will movie it down to the den of tech!

Hope you'll have some goood answers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Why would you want to play on more than 1 monitor? Seems like major neck pain from the constant looking around to me.

Deleted
    With just 2 monitors wouldn't your charatcer be in the gap between two monitors? Due to it being centred, making it look a bit weird?
    i use 2 monitors, but other monitor is just for youtube and forums and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvanir View Post
    Why would you want to play on more than 1 monitor? Seems like major neck pain from the constant looking around to me.
    The stuff I would have on the second monitor is less-often used spells and buttons. I would want to have only the most important information on the primary monitor.

Here's an example that I found on google

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robrusleg View Post
    The stuff I would have on the second monitor is less-often used spells and buttons. I would want to have only the most important information on the primary monitor.

Here's an example that I found on google
    I see. Still seems like a luxury problem to me. I'd rather just keep it to 1 monitor then.