Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    1. ive got the rank 1 parse on heroic garrosh across all mage specs, the end boss of the expansion, thats argument over for whats the best dmg

    this even included hurting the dps because i solo engineers.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3005&e=3557

    next highest parse is 419k on warcraft logs, and 418k by vykina on worldoflogs, i smashed it

    for some reason it shows up as a wipe, but you wont find a higher parse (if you do its been done since, with more gear)

    then what, you show logs worse than mine when ive spent most of this tier without spell haste or even mastery buff most fights while you probably had warforged gear and probably had full buffs, good argument bud try again, and at least this time try posting superior numbers

    2. fire was the worst spec this tier, sure you can look at 585 gear now and argue its good but throughout progression it was the lowest dmg

    dmg you do at 588 doesnt make a spec good, fire was good at the end of ToT but during ToT progression fire was absolutely terrible, mages were sat all the time. blood legion who ran 3-4 mages in t14 used 0-1 in ToT progress. same went for SoO, sure right now fire mages do OK dmg but at one point this tier, of the top 10 guilds there was 1 mage out of 250 raiders in the roster of their most recent kill.
    this is because fire was weak this tier, along with mages as a whole because the specs like arcane that actualy did good dmg were so immobile and lacking utility to justify bringing it over another warlock

    fire was not good this tier, you might just try to salvage your argument by saying its good now months and months after the tier is over

    3. these logs dont show the bosses that count, i know for a fact i absolutely destoy you on garrosh, seeing as i have the rank 1 parse across all classes on herioc.

    siege paragons and garrosh all dont show up, the fights that actualy cuont and the fights i try to bring the dps on. logs this tier are pretty flawed to only show parses for bosses that guilds killed literlay the first day

    sorry to burst your bubble but you and your fire dps arent that special or that good

    4. i would not say most mages on this thread are heroic raiders. if youre 13/14H or less you arent a heroic raider. perhaps my view is skewed on this issue because the person who makes like 90% of the posts on the mage forums is some normal mode raider
    I'll have to type up a longer response but since I'm on my phone I'll only say two things.
    You're playing 10m of course it's easy now to get ranks when most of the good 10m guds have converted to 25, also I'm rank 1 fire mage in the US so it is pretty good compared to your parses.
    Ps, rankings for end boss or not at this point is irrelevant. All boss = farm content therefore it doesn't make it any more special that you got r1 on garrosh or r1 on a fight like thok. Except garrosh has a lot more padding lel.
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-06-10 at 05:41 PM.

    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

  2. #42
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I'll have to type up a longer response but since I'm on my phone I'll only say two things.
    You're playing 10m of course it's easy now to get ranks when most of the good 10m guds have converted to 25, also I'm rank 1 fire mage in the US so it is pretty good compared to your parses.
    Ps, rankings for end boss or not at this point is irrelevant. All boss = farm content therefore it doesn't make it any more special that you got r1 on garrosh or r1 on a fight like thok. Except garrosh has a lot more padding lel.
    The parse he linked was for 10 man normal mode Garrosh, and it was a wipe, not a kill.

    His post has to be 100% troll. Has to be. It can't be anything other than that or I won't even be able to bear the amount of humiliation in store for him.

  3. #43
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume its not a troll post just so I can say he did more AE padding than all the other top mages.
    and if we want to compare real number and percentiles look at my 25m parses lol they speak for themselves. Im not a 10m raider, 10m has different strats, i did it for one week and racked up more parses than you.
    fire not good this tier, yet method ran with a fire mage for #1 world. you can keep trying with your blood legion argument but theres a reason blood legion didn't beat method.
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...er=Onemanaleft
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...layer=Blugatti
    2000 PR difference, #shrekt.
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-06-10 at 06:00 PM.

    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

  4. #44
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume its not a troll post just so I can say he did more AE padding than all the other top mages.
    and if we want to compare real number and percentiles look at my 25m parses lol they speak for themselves. Im not a 10m raider, 10m has different strats, i did it for one week and racked up more parses than you.
    fire not good this tier, yet method ran with a fire mage for #1 world. you can keep trying with your blood legion argument but theres a reason blood legion didn't beat method.
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...er=Onemanaleft
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...layer=Blugatti
    2000 PR difference, #shrekt.
    Do you think I'm someone else?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    As awesome as it is to bring epeen into a topic that has nothing (literally nothing) to do with Heroic SoO.0 can you please take your epeen comparison somewhere else or stay on topic here? You're not going to convince anyone here to revere you or give you special treatment.

    Thanks,

    An uncaring heroic raider.
    oh ill continue to talk about how fire was in fact not the best spec this tier all week if you want, but if someone wants to try to use things like logs and numbers and facts in a debate about logs and numbers and facts, then im mroe than happy to come in here and educate them

    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I'll have to type up a longer response but since I'm on my phone I'll only say two things.
    You're playing 10m of course it's easy now to get ranks when most of the good 10m guds have converted to 25, also I'm rank 1 fire mage in the US so it is pretty good compared to your parses.
    Ps, rankings for end boss or not at this point is irrelevant. All boss = farm content therefore it doesn't make it any more special that you got r1 on garrosh or r1 on a fight like thok. Except garrosh has a lot more padding lel.
    sure all bosses are farm but the differance is some bsoses are still somewhat challengin while others are a joke

    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume its not a troll post just so I can say he did more AE padding than all the other top mages.
    and if we want to compare real number and percentiles look at my 25m parses lol they speak for themselves. Im not a 10m raider, 10m has different strats, i did it for one week and racked up more parses than you.
    fire not good this tier, yet method ran with a fire mage for #1 world. you can keep trying with your blood legion argument but theres a reason blood legion didn't beat method.
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...er=Onemanaleft
    http://www.proraiders.com/player/ind...layer=Blugatti
    2000 PR difference, #shrekt.
    check the logs, its single target bro, i solo the engineers at the burst so i cant aoe adds at all, rest of the fight is single target anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    The parse he linked was for 10 man normal mode Garrosh, and it was a wipe, not a kill.

    His post has to be 100% troll. Has to be. It can't be anything other than that or I won't even be able to bear the amount of humiliation in store for him.
    cant tell if trolling or retarded

    you realise all 10H garroshes, paragons, and siegecrafter logs show up as normal?

    and thats a 10H kill, and rank 1 by a longshot if id have uploaded to warcraft logs instead of stupid broken worldoflogs that bugs from us killing the boss too fast and doesnt separate heroics from normals

    if you still dont comprehend it just check the log, look at the total amount of dmg done by the raid and after youve added that up youll realise our garrosh dmg done is slighly greater than the health of heroic garrosh across all phases added together
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2014-06-10 at 06:10 PM.

  6. #46
    nah, i just didn't feel like editing my other post to respond to more of his points so i did it in the post where I was responding to your comment also. and of course I know who you are, i wouldn't drag you into an arcane/fire discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    oh ill continue to talk about how fire was in fact not the best spec this tier all week if you want, but if someone wants to try to use things like logs and numbers and facts in a debate about logs and numbers and facts, then im mroe than happy to come in here and educate them



    sure all bosses are farm but the differance is some bsoses are still somewhat challengin while others are a joke


    check the logs, its single target bro, i solo the engineers at the burst so i cant aoe adds at all, rest of the fight is single target anyways
    ??? i figured all the bosses were a joke at this point, sorry i didn't realize I was talking to an amateur. but by your logic since malkorok has given us the most wipe due to stupid play, I'll go ahead and say malkorok is confirmed hardest boss this tier... and by therefore... http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...dps&class=Mage
    i
    am
    god
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-06-10 at 06:13 PM.

    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

  7. #47
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    nah, i just didn't feel like editing my other post to respond to more of his points so i did it in the post where I was responding to your comment also. and of course I know who you are, i wouldn't drag you into an arcane/fire discussion
    haha I got confused-- yeahhh that guy makes so little sense even a frost mage had to show up and ask wtf

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    nah, i just didn't feel like editing my other post to respond to more of his points so i did it in the post where I was responding to your comment also. and of course I know who you are, i wouldn't drag you into an arcane/fire discussion

    ??? i figured all the bosses were a joke at this point, sorry i didn't realize I was talking to an amateur. I did check the log btw, you did like 19m AE damage compared to other mage's 12m. but by your logic since malkorok has given us the most wipe due to stupid play, I'll go ahead and say malkorok is confirmed hardest boss this tier... and by therefore... http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...dps&class=Mage
    i
    am
    god
    yea dude, you do good damage too, id hope a fire mage would by 585+ ilvl, but my argument is that the dmg fire does in BiS gear that overgears content by 20+ ilvls, is irrelivent for what was actualy "good in the tier"

    theres plenty of fire mages that do good dmg right now at huge ilvls, but for the duration of this long ass tier frost and arcane have done more dmg

    so we can each pull out rank 1 parses or whatever you want but the progression numbers are what matters

  9. #49
    so then what exactly is your argument as to why the top mages played fire during progression? legitimately curious to know your answer.
    oh im not asking for buffs at all, im perfectly happy with how fire plays now and how its looking in wod
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-06-10 at 06:45 PM.

    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

  10. #50
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,067
    I seem to recall, as Akraen Overlord of the Hastified Frost Mages, that all throughout SoO progression I was arguing with people about the viability of frost, not even that it was #2, let alone #1.

    Frost has been #3 with a few glimmers of pride here and there (i.e. crawler mines, thok casts, etc) the whole way in terms of raw output by the best players. Even at ilvl 566, standard heroic item level w/o upgrades or warforged, fire and arcane had a higher top-end.

    Trying to hear a fire mage argue anything else is hilarious to me. Don't put me through a headache all tier saying frost is bad, then when you want buffs in Alpha, try to say frost was the best, fire is bad! This is what drives devs and theorycrafters to booze!

  11. #51
    It's hilarious to see how the transition for most guilds into 25 man to prepare for mythic has led to poor mages in the 10 man scene think they're the shit.

  12. #52
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Critical Mass only increases your crit chance from gear, so no.
    No, Celestalon has stated that Crit Mass affects both the Pyroblast and Pyrotechnics perks.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    so then what exactly is your argument as to why the top mages played fire during progression? legitimately curious to know your answer.
    oh im not asking for buffs at all, im perfectly happy with how fire plays now and how its looking in wod
    1. the large majority of them were already geared head to toe in 549 ilvl fire gear rocking abuot 19k crit (mainly thanks to cha-ye's trinket) and the combustion nerf happened almost right before the patch hit, at least of the world first mages i know they just didnt want to do a full 180 change on gear during that week of normal split runs, and then have to play a spec they arent used to for a very short progression.

    2. they play it because its more mobile, im arguing here that it did worse damage and it does. youll notice a few world top mages like vykina did fire for progression, and as soon as they felt "farmy" enough to stand still more, plus had weeks to gather haste/mastery gear, they made the quick swap to arcane

    ive been consistent with my answer the entire time, fire was the worst damage spec this tier but for a multitude of reasons, mainly being the ability to damage while moving, top guild mages went with fire for progression despite it being lower damage at the time in a full out turret fight like malkrok


    you would have a very hard time convincing me that in progression gear, call it 561 for normal mode 2/2, fire does more damage than frost and arcane in a stand still and turret dps test, which is what i define as being "the worst damage spec" as ive said

    seeing as it initialy started with a discussion about how fire scaling went in MoP, the only thing relevent is the dmg output, not the inner workings of the spec abilities like the landslide victory of Scorch over Rune of Power

    thats the reason im trying to remind people early to not get their hopes up abuot "fire scaling" because blizzard will nerf the spec every new tier and it might be a repeat of this expansion where it starts off the best (fire did top dmg on full garajal turret until the first combustion + critical mass nerf), then ends being the worst (frost and arcane would both beat fire in 100 tests on malkrok with 561 ilvl)
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2014-06-10 at 10:14 PM.

  14. #54
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    I kind of remembere this thread being about something vaguely related to Fire that I discussed 2 pages ago. Hm.

    Well, now it's closed. If you would like to continue discussing the Enhanced Pyrotechnics Fire perk beyond what was answered in the first 1.5 pages of this thread, please do so in the sticky WoD thread.

    Also, please don't report any posts from here, I've read them all and will mod accordingly in a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •