Thread: Raid lockouts

Raid lockouts

Like srsly.... I walk into a fresh Heroic Raid, dont even pull the boss and yet I'm somehow "Saved" like come on blizz get your shit together.

Only thing I can say here as a guess since very little information is given, might you have already done the normal mode of that raid? You can only do one of them weekly. So, if you did normal mode - you are also locked to heroic mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you zone into a heroic lock-out that already has bosses killed you are given a warning that you will be saved to the instance. Don't click "Ok" and keep going into the instance if that's a problem?

Unless by "fresh Heroic Raid" you mean no bosses had been killed at all (ie you were pulling Immerseus if this is SoO), but if you don't kill any bosses then you aren't saved to anything even if you make heroic attempts. If that's the case then there's some piece of information we're missing here.

You give no info except, the way you state it, you walked into a 0/14 run and didn't pull H immers and got saved. This isn't the case, but if you mean: I walked into a H raid with more than 1 boss down and hit accept to the lockout and I got saved. Then well... you are stupid and didn't realized this is how it has always been since Heroic raids have come out.

This is a great place to tell blizz to get their shit together because of a mistake by you or your group. That isn't how lockouts work unless you encountered a major bug that I've never heard of, in which case it's a pretty rare bug (bugs are pretty common with technology just a heads up) and not a "blizzard get your shit together" moment.

LoL first off I meant what I meant.... Fresh Heroic Raid Somehow saved...Here's a pic. Can clearly see I'm not saved

I just don't understand it.. So I went in a different group later on with my Prot warrior. Mage had the same issue.
    Last edited by kilj; 2014-06-08 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    LoL first off I meant what I meant.... Fresh Heroic Raid Somehow saved...Here's a pic. Can clearly see I'm not saved

I just don't understand it.. So I went in a different group later on with my Prot warrior. Mage had the same issue.
    So what happened when you tried to zone in? It wouldn't let you? That does look like some kind of bug, although it would be weird that it was affecting multiple characters.

Deleted
    Why do they do raid locks on HC's - what am I missing - what does it stop you abusing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a bug. We've seen it happen a couple times to our core group so it's very rare. Happened on normal mode on our 3rd Garrosh Kill (saved for 14/4 on a fresh reset) and once on heroic.

Sometimes restarting your machine and giving WoW a chance to timeout will resolve it. Changing around raid leaders, etc.

What would happen is I would zone in... It would load, load, Id appear in the zone paralized, and it would kick me back to the Graveyard. We then disbanded the group and invited my warrior, the mage in the raid was already inside when my pally was trying to get in. So they all leave and invite my warrior. We all go in then the mage starts having the same issues with it kicking him out.

Ive had this issue once when we extended our lockout, i didn't have a active lockout for SoO, but i couldn't enter the instance because i was locked to another save, so what i did was extend previous week and removed it again, that fixed it for me.
    Last edited by svettleif; 2014-06-09 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Why do they do raid locks on HC's - what am I missing - what does it stop you abusing?
    Better guilds farm the previous raid on hc in multiple raids-->make multiple heroic raids of alts+mains to funnel gear in this heroic raid, kill hc bosses all until the first boss that gives issues-->reform back. Total raid ilvl resulted is much higher then intended.

@OP. To give you a possible idea for the issue, occasionally some chars get stuck permanently online in a raid on dc. The raid sees them as online, even if they are not(and they are removed from the grp) and and such doesn't allow more then X-1 people inside.

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    I wonder if you can teleport out during the boss fight.
    That way the loot is shared by less people.