Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah the loot system was set up for guild groups and the like, and Blizzard has never taken ninjaing as seriously as they should. Master Loot should not even be possible for pugs except by direct ingame consent (ie a checkbox).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah the loot system was set up for guild groups and the like, and Blizzard has never taken ninjaing as seriously as they should. Master Loot should not even be possible for pugs except by direct ingame consent (ie a checkbox).
    To be fair, I think Blizzard has addressed this fairly well by providing specific "pug content" where Masterloot is not applicable.

If you're raiding something you actually care about gear from, then make sure its led by someone you trust.

And as far as Masterloot not being possible for pugs... I'd much rather trust 1 person not to ninja loot... then I would 24 people not to ninja.

I accidentally misread this thread with the title of the one under and read "Blizzards rules against not playing ninjas" and I was like, man, why can't we be ninjas.

But yeah, that's been their stance for a while now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't like them either, but i forget about it real quick because I have a short attention span.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleoseven23 View Post
    To clarify everybody hate ninjas. But as usual there is always rules to let it slide.

the general rule of blizzard internment is : Under master loot, no actions will be taken against the offenders.

So word of warning, never raid under master loot if you don't know the people.

Blizzard will not take any actions against it, and in essence promote the loot master ninjas.

This was confirmed by none the less 4 different GMs, when as they say " moral doesn't matter in some cases"

So be stress free and be careful of where and what you are putting yourself into.

Sources from difference realms, all over wow community

Peace

You are about 7 years late with this post.

To clarify everybody hate ninjas. But as usual there is always rules to let it slide.

the general rule of blizzard internment is : Under master loot, no actions will be taken against the offenders.

So word of warning, never raid under master loot if you don't know the people.

Blizzard will not take any actions against it, and in essence promote the loot master ninjas.

This was confirmed by none the less 4 different GMs, when as they say " moral doesn't matter in some cases"

So be stress free and be careful of where and what you are putting yourself into.

Sources from difference realms, all over wow community

Peace
    They will take action if you were invited to the raid under the pretense of free rolls. So, if the raid starts out "Nothing reserved" and the loot is on free for all, then the leader switches to master loot during a specific fight, to ninja a specific drop, they'll take the item away. And sometimes ban the player.

This post looks exactly like one on Blizzard's own forum.

What the heck do you think you're gaining by copy-pasting this on a bunch of forums?

I was thinking of rogues.

Can I get a show of hands if anyone else thought rogues?

Also, I haven't been in situations where the possibility of a ninja would occur, as I've been exclusively PvPing.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

If only there were an add-on to monitor such activity and report said activity to a community website of players interested in avoiding ninja activity... too much work. If you join a master looter, no point in reporting them. You agreed when you joined. The real problem is people rolling need for disenchant or gold in Heroics. All loot should be RNG distributed as LFR loot. It would solve many issues.

If only there were an add-on to monitor such activity and report said activity to a community website of players interested in avoiding ninja activity... too much work. If you join a master looter, no point in reporting them. You agreed when you joined. The real problem is people rolling need for disenchant or gold in Heroics. All loot should be RNG distributed as LFR loot. It would solve many issues.

"When a Master Looter establishes clear rules for specific loot distribution using channels that are visible to all players (such as party chat or raid chat), then breaks those rules by distributing the loot differently, Blizzard considers it a loot scam. If a Master Looter refuses to honor a specific agreement, you can contact Support to report that player for scamming. Include details about the rule established and how it was broken. Blizzard will review the chat logs and may suspend the player or remove items depending on the findings."
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

To clarify everybody hate ninjas.
    You will be surprised that how many people support ninjas.

If you don't believe me, go say "someone ninjaed my ..." in trade.
    You will get "live with it" as reply.

Of course, the reply is a ninja too.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And this is why personal loot should be on all difficulties.
    Ugg. Personal loot is the worst system ever as it just makes RNG worse as each person is an island. Under personal loot I might get an int staff for the 4th time while our mage is starved out on any weapon. With group loot the RNG is softer because if a good item drops people that don't need it are not forced to vendor it. It can actually go to the person that needs it.

What you should have said is, "This is why you should raid with people you know and trust."

EDIT: This is from the blizzard post a few posts up.

"Group with players you trust whenever possible. If you aren't ready to trust the other players yet, Master Loot and Free-for-All aren't the right loot settings for you."
    Last edited by cabyio; 2014-06-09 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You will be surprised that how many people support ninjas.

If you don't believe me, go say "someone ninjaed my ..." in trade.
    You will get "live with it" as reply.

Of course, the reply is a ninja too.
    That's not true. Telling someone to suck it up isn't supporting ninjas. It's just there isn't anything any of us can do about it. I can't fix that someone took something and unless it's an outright scam, Blizzard won't either. Shoulda checked ahead of time to verify loot rules and permissions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Ugg. Personal loot is the worst system ever as it just makes RNG worse as each person is an island. Under personal loot I might get an int staff for the 4th time while our mage is starved out on any weapon.
    RNG is RNG. Under personal or group loot that mage might not see any weapon for the entire patch cycle. Not an argument.
    With group loot the RNG is softer because if a good item drops people that don't need it are not forced to vendor it. It can actually go to the person that needs it.
    RNG is RNG. With group loot your bosses will still drop Agi mail with no Hunters and Enhancements in your group. Not an argument.
    What you should have said is, "This is why you should raid with people you know and trust."
    Please don't try to make it look like I'm saying something I'm not. Ta.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if ANYONE other than the masterlooter states the loot rules, then do not join the run unless you know the people running it.
    if the Masterlooter announces loot rules then breaks them, then blizzard will take action, if anyone else does, then its tough luck I am afraid.
    Even then, it's unlikely you'll be given the item you had a dispute over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if ANYONE other than the masterlooter states the loot rules, then do not join the run unless you know the people running it.
    if the Masterlooter announces loot rules then breaks them, then blizzard will take action, if anyone else does, then its tough luck I am afraid.
    This has been the standard since WotLK, at least. If you are joining a pug or a guild run, make sure the loot rules are stated in raid chat by the raid leader. If you fail to do this, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Blizzard takes it seriously when players are proactive on having loot rules stated in raid chat.

They're also taking it seriously in WoD by allowing raids all pre-mythic raids to use the personal loot system. Can't get ninja'd if there's no loot on the corpse.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    They're also taking it seriously in WoD by allowing raids all pre-mythic raids to use the personal loot system. Can't get ninja'd if there's no loot on the corpse.
    Unless the raid leader turns off personal loot just before the pull... remember, normal and heroic raids can have personal or standard loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Unless the raid leader turns off personal loot just before the pull... remember, normal and heroic raids can have personal or standard loot.
    I'm not going to look for the blue post, but I'm pretty sure they've already addressed this question by saying that this behavior will be impossible.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever seen that random guy in trade chat type in all caps: "DONT GROUP WITH <xyz player> THEY ARE A NINJA!! DONT GROUP..." you get the idea. I think those guys are the most pathetic of players. They try to diminish the play experience of other players simply out of spite of not getting an item they wanted in a raid group.

I've literally seen someone spam this message for hours in trade chat (after doing things out in the world of course), and I told them to stop whining and suck it up. Its just plain pathetic to do something like that.