15+ Year Old Account

Fix My Shaman Please - Resto

I just started playing my shaman again and am aiming to get geared enough to start running Flex raids with her. I read the sticky on here about resto and its severely out-of-date because its still got HTT down as a talent choice. I went over to As Mr Robot (here's the link to her on there) and its telling me to gem spirit on everything. It also has 2 options for my gearing....crit for mana problems or mastery for throughput. I don't have mana problems even with spamming Healing Rain, HST, Riptide, and Chain Heal on CD's (well no CD on CH because I'm not glyphed for it but on CD for everything else) while having only 9.5k spirit. I just feel that I'm not doing something right with my reforging/gemming or something. I'm not the bottom of healing meters & in fact I average 40k HPS on most fights and I'm only 507 ilvl. my wow armory

Anyways, please help with what I should do for my gemming, reforging, and glyphs/talents. Thanks a ton for any help.

Haste. Also, reforge everything that has mastery to haste. Research the haste caps (while they still exist). Fix you reforges in general. Also, I'd go with the riptide glyph over healing wave.

Now that's done. What are you trying to achieve? Is this just so you know what do with with a shaman? Or is it so you can do guild activities? Just curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly so I know what to do with a shaman and so I can be viable in a flex setting when I get that gear lvl. I did fix all my reforging into haste until I reached the 12.5% cap since that's the only one I can obtain in my current gear.

Here is a nice table for haste breakpoints:

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

After selecting the haste breakpoint you're going for, there are 3 columns there on the right:

(1) AS/+5%. Use this column if you take the Ancestral Swiftness talent, and will have spell haste buff in the raid, for a total of 10% spell haste bonus.
    (2) 5%. Use this column if you don't take Ancestral Swiftness, but have spell haste buff in the raid. Or if you take Ancestral Swiftness but no spell haste buff.
    (3) None. This is when you don't take Ancestral Swiftness, and no spell haste buff in the raid.

With Echo of the Elements, and assuming the raid has spell haste buff, the second column is relevant. So for example to reach the 7 ticks healing rain breakpoint you need 10118 haste instead of 7613 with Ancestral Swiftness. You can take Ancestral Swiftness instead of Echo of the elements, it'll be easier to reach higher haste breakpoints, and the instant cast every 1.5 min is useful.

Intellect is particularly strong at low item levels, therefore especially in red sockets, you can use +160 intellect gems instead of +80 int / +160 spirit. At higher item levels (around ilvl 540), start replacing them with orange gems (int/crit is nice to start with since we also get mana back from them).
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-06-08 at 04:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    K fixed my reforging & gems. As far as glyphs go, I went with Chaining (because it seems like nobody is ever stacked up enough to get a full 4 people healed even in LFR 25 man), Riptide, and Healing Stream Totem. Is that a good general combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    K fixed my reforging & gems. As far as glyphs go, I went with Chaining (because it seems like nobody is ever stacked up enough to get a full 4 people healed even in LFR 25 man), Riptide, and Healing Stream Totem. Is that a good general combo?
    In most cases, the Riptide glyph is a silly thing to choose. The only boss I use it for is Thok when you can just barely squeeze in a HR between screeches and blanket the raid in Riptides inbetween.

My third glyph slot is mostly switching between Chaining and Cleansing Waters (yes, seriously >_<) for when I need to dispel some more. It's better than leaving it empty. We don't have many good choices in glyphs, really. Our glyphs are so lackluster, I even run with Totemic Recall because it's at least a good glyph, even though I rarely use its effect anymore these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    In most cases, the Riptide glyph is a silly thing to choose
    I find myself using it in our 10man environment on the first 8 (or even 10..) bosses solely because there is nothing else to do. Spamming Chain Heal that is 99% overhealing got boring so I decided to just Riptide blanket the raid when I'm twiddling my thumbs.

Otherwise I do agree with you that the glyph itself is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I find myself using it in our 10man environment on the first 8 (or even 10..) bosses solely because there is nothing else to do. Spamming Chain Heal that is 99% overhealing got boring so I decided to just Riptide blanket the raid when I'm twiddling my thumbs.

Otherwise I do agree with you that the glyph itself is silly.
    You could always cast some LB's instead. It'll be good practice for Wod

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You could always cast some LB's instead. It'll be good practice for Wod
    Why's it good practice for WOD? What's going to cause resto to cast LB?

Deleted
    It's going to be our active mana regeneration tool. Unless they changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    It's going to be our active mana regeneration tool. .
    ^ this

Reading is fundamental.

Lightning bolt not Lava blast.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking