Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The short answer for WoD is that no one really has any idea given the scope of the changes already announced with more to come. And that's before the balancing/tuning pass for damage. It's all guessing. The one thing that is probably true at this point will be that it will take a while for the class to recover from what was a sort of average-to-bad expansion (especially when compared to Cataclysm which was good for us). People remember the past very well while not always being quite up-to-date on the present. Anyway, that's my two cents. I just don't believe there's any possible way to know how good any class is going to be for raiding next expansion. Too soon to tell.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-06-14 at 03:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

While it's a bit soon to say for sure, there are a lot of QoL improvements already on tap and being tested in Alpha. Almost all of these changes are positive. When you talk about scope, you have to remember that Blizzard's goal with casters in WoD is to limit the amount of casting while moving so other classes which have previously benefited from having more mobility are now on the same level SPriest has been this entire expansion. So while people who main these classes are having to relearn how to play without the crutch of moving while casting, a good SPriest is already more than used to preplanning movement and has much less to worry about come WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    While it's a bit soon to say for sure, there are a lot of QoL improvements already on tap and being tested in Alpha. Almost all of these changes are positive. When you talk about scope, you have to remember that Blizzard's goal with casters in WoD is to limit the amount of casting while moving so other classes which have previously benefited from having more mobility are now on the same level SPriest has been this entire expansion. So while people who main these classes are having to relearn how to play without the crutch of moving while casting, a good SPriest is already more than used to preplanning movement and has much less to worry about come WoD.
    This is very true. Playing a Warlock myself, I symphatize with the other warlocks who didn't play Demonology this expansion. Having mained it myself ever since ToT, I'm luckily in a position where it won't hurt me as much!

I'd say (purely anecdotal, guesstimating) that SPriests are looking very good for the next expansion. They've stated they'll be bringing their damage up quite significantly, and given their story of overbuffing/nerfing classes (arcane mage in firelands, shadow priest in dragon soul, demonology in throne of thunder) I'd say chances are priests will be fairly strong next expansion.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud