Civ 5, windows 8.1, no AI.

Hey!

I've been trying to play civ 5 on my relatively new computer which would handle the game like a dream. The game itself works completely fine. I can launch a game and play like it's supposed to be played, excpet, there's no AI. I have windows 8.1 and I've tried to launch the game in windows 7 compatability mode. I've searched the internet for solutions for weeks without luck.

I doubt anyone knows the solution since I couldn't find it on google, but it's worth a shot, right?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Hey!

I've been trying to play civ 5 on my relatively new computer which would handle the game like a dream. The game itself works completely fine. I can launch a game and play like it's supposed to be played, excpet, there's no AI. I have windows 8.1 and I've tried to launch the game in windows 7 compatability mode. I've searched the internet for solutions for weeks without luck.

I doubt anyone knows the solution since I couldn't find it on google, but it's worth a shot, right?

Thanks.
    You didn't install anything else? There's a mod to remove AI so if you installed other things then perhaps you got that by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You didn't install anything else? There's a mod to remove AI so if you installed other things then perhaps you got that by accident?
    Possible, is there any way to identify this mod? Can't find a mod folder. I've been using the same torrent for both my computers since I can't find my disc.

EDIT: Found the problem! It appears that there were several launchers but only one of them worked as intended. It also "hides" undiscovered civs for mthe diplomacy tab.
    Last edited by mittacc; 2014-06-08 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I've been using the same torrent for both my computers since I can't find my disc.
    Ban this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I pirate games.
    Ban yourself.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.