Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    focus capping when you are still using your highest dps ability every global isnt a dps loss, it's just not a dps gain.
    Well for every second you spend focus capped you're losing a very small percentage of dps (depending on your gear/ length of the fight). For example a 580 ilvl and a 5 min fight would mean you lose about 50-100 dps per second (GCD) you spend focus capped. Regardless if you're using your highest damage ability because that can be used while not focus capped. That focus could have been used on a 120k arcane shot or a 500k kill command but it is wasted due to focus capping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Sweets View Post
    Well for every second you spend focus capped you're losing a very small percentage of dps (depending on your gear/ length of the fight). For example a 580 ilvl and a 5 min fight would mean you lose about 50-100 dps per second (GCD) you spend focus capped. Regardless if you're using your highest damage ability because that can be used while not focus capped. That focus could have been used on a 120k arcane shot or a 500k kill command but it is wasted due to focus capping.
    But if you're prioritising something that does higher damage and because of that you are focus capping, it's more damage than using a lower damage spell just to avoid focus capping.

Stop responding.

I joined the dark side and returned to playing survival. I couldn't resist I forgot what to do though >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    But if you're prioritising something that does higher damage and because of that you are focus capping, it's more damage than using a lower damage spell just to avoid focus capping.
    Yes, but using proper focus management means you wont focus cap in the first place (outside of lucky procs), and if you can prevent focus capping by not spamming cobra shot till 90-100 focus before using BW it do more damage. But once you're are the focus cap it doesn't matter anymore, just use highest damaging abilities and you're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes, but using proper focus management means you wont focus cap in the first place (outside of lucky procs), and if you can prevent focus capping by not spamming cobra shot till 90-100 focus before using BW it do more damage. But once you're are the focus cap it doesn't matter anymore, just use highest damaging abilities and you're fine.
    Start of your rotation.

Start of your rotation.
    Focus capping on pull is irrelevant because it's not controllable aside from delaying BW which would be a much bigger loss to begin with.

On that topic though, when focus capped spaming Arcane Shot in the opener should I be casting Cobra Shot to keep my buffed SnS going or let it drop off and then reapply it after BW has ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    I joined the dark side and returned to playing survival. I couldn't resist I forgot what to do though >_>
    You're like the Darth Vader of Hunters... KTB being Luke ofc.

I am Bobba Fett & Azor is Jar-Jar Binks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    You're like the Darth Vader of Hunters... KTB being Luke ofc.

I am Bobba Fett & Azor is Jar-Jar Binks.
    Azor is more like Chewbacca tbh

Cobra Shot to keep it going unless TED doubleprocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Cobra Shot to keep it going unless TED doubleprocs.
    Please explain more, is that to save the GCD/focus of recasting SrS? Or is just casting CS to have a few more seconds of buffed SrS worth it? Also in the opener wouldn't SrS only be at risk of falling off after BW was over or almost over? And post BW it's take what 2-3 globals before you'd want to case CS anyway at which point you'd probably still have AoC unless it proced right on the pull, which mine doesn't seem to like to do, assuming you don't get really luck with invigorates. Or is that the situation you meant, to cast CS to keep SrS instead of completely emptying focus on AS while AoC/pot is still going? Not saying you're wrong I just don't understand.

Azor is more like Chewbacca tbh
    But who is man enough to be Han Solo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Focus capping on pull is irrelevant because it's not controllable aside from delaying BW which would be a much bigger loss to begin with.

On that topic though, when focus capped spaming Arcane Shot in the opener should I be casting Cobra Shot to keep my buffed SnS going or let it drop off and then reapply it after BW has ended?
    The original person said when DB and BW line up, they line up on pull so he's implying that you should AS to 60 focus before popping BW. Even after pull 60 focus is way too low to use BW as you will have to CS with it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    Please explain more, is that to save the GCD/focus of recasting SrS? Or is just casting CS to have a few more seconds of buffed SrS worth it? Also in the opener wouldn't SrS only be at risk of falling off after BW was over or almost over? And post BW it's take what 2-3 globals before you'd want to case CS anyway at which point you'd probably still have AoC unless it proced right on the pull, which mine doesn't seem to like to do, assuming you don't get really luck with invigorates. Or is that the situation you meant, to cast CS to keep SrS instead of completely emptying focus on AS while AoC/pot is still going? Not saying you're wrong I just don't understand.
    AoC proccing on the pull? now now we've had enough nonsense from Jacob already

@Nemesiz - Dracodraco is Han Solo

10+ Year Old Account
    AoC proccing on the pull? now now we've had enough nonsense from Jacob already

@Nemesiz - Dracodraco is Han Solo
    Everyone knows that AoC waits for BW to finish before procing, scumbag AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    But who is man enough to be Han Solo?
    I'll shoot first.

Everyone knows that AoC waits for BW to finish before procing, scumbag AoC.
    I swear it proced right on the pull for me once on a wipe let me go find the log......

nope can't find it, I retract my implication that AoC has the ability to proc on the pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    dem ted procs tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Sweets View Post
    Infracted: misinformation
    Curious to know how this is considered misinformation. I brought up a strong point. focus capping IS a dps loss. It says this through numerous amount of guides. Icy Veins Forums (Moderated by rogerbrown) and noxxic forums both confirm this. Nothing was mentioned of focus capping ever being not a dps loss regardless of what abilities were up etc.

Curious to know where moderator got the idea that focus capping is a dps gain because I can't seem to find it anywhere online except this thread.

I will gladly accept that I'm wrong if you can prove it to me that focus capping is a dps gain. You're essentially wasting focus. I don't comprehend how that is a dps gain.