Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Can we change the thread title to whiny bitching?
    Who's whiny?
    r u
    mad??

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    You don't seem to understand how this works. RNG from week to week doesn't matter.

Let's say you have a baseline that is 100% dependant on your gear and talent choices. Your skill level can raise or lower that baseline. RNG can make it fluctuate wildly from pull to pull, or week to week. You basically have no control of either (other than trying to always get better of course).

What you do have control of is your gear and reforging choices. If you can raise your baseline by 0.01% by making a small gear change, you do it. That means a good RNG pull can now be 0.01% higher, and a bad RNG pull can also be 0.01% higher.
    This. x.x 10char10char10char

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Outside of that I can think for my self and realize that min-maxing will not give your higher or lower dps than your trinket uptimes or kill speed or spell usage would otherwise, so the DPS difference between 60 agility and 80 critical strike rating is more or less +/- 0
    You really don't get it. But I've already explained it twice, so no reason to try a third time.

Deleted
    You really don't get it. But I've already explained it twice, so no reason to try a third time.
    I DO GET IT

But it doesn't matter usually due to RNG, since it will never ever be the same every week.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I DO GET IT

But it doesn't matter usually due to RNG, since it will never ever be the same every week.
    If you got it, you wouldn't keep bringing up RNG in every post. Going into a fight with the best possible circumstances, has nothing to do with how your trinkets happen to proc.

I think the same way you do, Beace. So /cyberfive!

Deleted
    If you got it, you wouldn't keep bringing up RNG in every post. Going into a fight with the best possible circumstances, has nothing to do with how your trinkets happen to proc.
    I like turtles.

Sorry but in what world is the difference between 80 agi and 60 crit small? If you make such an argument you might as well skip min-maxing your character completely.
    In a world where ~600 dps (the difference between them with near BiS gear) is a 0.12% difference. I understand what fine min-maxing is but that difference really isn't a huge factor or anything worth complaining about. Also when you consider that on average 0.4% of your spells will miss it's actually a gain of 0.28%.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-07-26 at 08:36 AM.

Whats the best course of action for surv, based on what little I actually tried hunter on Beta so far, so might be stepping into a minefield of flame here.

It appears that L'n'L does not reset the ES CD anymore (bug?) so this brings me to these questions below:

usage 1:
    using ES on CD, while sometimes having to wait to spend L'n'L procs

usage 2:
    using ES only on L'N'L charges, without spending the uncharged one bringng it to a CD. I've noticed when I get about 30% Multistrike, I get a shit ton of L'n'L procs and hence why I might consider not using uncharged ES for a possible dps increase. (No facts or statistics to back this "theory" up at all).

don't burn me to hard plz :P

That stuff would likely require numbers.. Numbers that we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Whats the best course of action for surv, based on what little I actually tried hunter on Beta so far, so might be stepping into a minefield of flame here.

It appears that L'n'L does not reset the ES CD anymore (bug?) so this brings me to these questions below:

usage 1:

usage 2:
    using ES only on L'N'L charges, without spending the uncharged one bringng it to a CD. I've noticed when I get about 30% Multistrike, I get a shit ton of L'n'L procs and hence why I might consider not using uncharged ES for a possible dps increase. (No facts or statistics to back this "theory" up at all).

Hopefully a bug, that sounds like a really annoying mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post

usage 1:

usage 2:

Usage 1 mate.

I do agree it is super awkward not having ES reset, and not having it free. SV is pretty dog shit at low haste and low multistrike.

Let's say you get 3 LnL procs in 2 ticks of BA between the ES CD. And that can happen, off a double multi-strike and a single multi-strike, if I understand how charges are added.

Usage 1: You fire 4 ES. You trigger a 6s CD.

Usage 2: You fire 3 ES, you trigger no CD.

BA ticks every 3s. Even if you get 2 charges off every tick, by the time ES comes off CD, the max charges you can have is 4, IE not capped. So you just "wasted" an ES by not putting it on CD. The only way you can consider usage 2 optimal is if you can get more than 5 ES charges in an ES CD. That may be possible with the set bonus which lets BA tick every 2s, but I tend to think that'll just lead to a multi-strike softcap more than anything else.

Deleted
    With enough multistrike it will probably be better to use usage 2.

Deleted
    Hello, i would like to ask wich is the race to choose for an alliance hunter in the new expansion(WoD) considering all the changes for racials traits.
    I hope this is the right place i should ask that thing.
    Thanks in advance.
    (Sorry for bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin3rd View Post
    Hello, i would like to ask wich is the race to choose for an alliance hunter in the new expansion(WoD) considering all the changes for racials traits.
    I hope this is the right place i should ask that thing.
    Thanks in advance.
    (Sorry for bad english)
    MM: Worgen
    SV: Worgen
    BM: Worgen

So you're saying 1% crit (~110 crit rating) is better than 125 of a stat for Pandas? +6 for the bonus affinity thing.

Should rename this to Hunter Theorycraft Thread or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Should rename this to Hunter Theorycraft Thread or something.
    Hunter Theorycrafting and FAQs

Speaking of theorycrafting, Celestalon is covering a lot of the hunter mechanics for WoD in the theorycrafting thread here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929

All blue posts: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ft-discussion/

If you have specific questions, now is the time to ask.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-07-27 at 10:24 PM.