Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if this is the right place but I didnt want ot make a thread and and this is sort of a q and a kinda thing but is there a dev that deals mostly with hunters on twitter? Just like how there was a dev that was all warlocks all time is there one like that but for hutners? I would like to
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-06-09 at 05:27 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Wtb more musics, need some new stuff to listen to during raids :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Only the best hunters play a spec that is not as good as the best spec !
    haha, agreed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing BM is a play style thing for me. I just don't like how surv plays ( and never have ) - So i just stick with my beloved BM spec =D. Plus who doesn't want 38sec BW's =D

A lot of this is inaccurate. I don't feel like correctly it all but the main thing that stuck out to me is your survival stat weights and priority. It's incorrect. It should be crit .45, mastery .43 and haste .33 (this one was correct.

Your BM opener is wrong as well it should be pre cast glaive, SS, stampede then 1 or 2 arcane shots before BW +dire beast so you don't focus cap. You could also kill command + 2 arcane shot then dire beast then BW. Those are probably a better way to open up.

Only the best hunters play a spec that is not as good as the best spec ! I am the only survival lord left, me and a bunch of euros from paragon.
    I am one of the MM lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Sweets View Post
    A lot of this is inaccurate. I don't feel like correctly it all but the main thing that stuck out to me is your survival stat weights and priority. It's incorrect. It should be crit .45, mastery .43 and haste .33 (this one was correct.

Your BM opener is wrong as well it should be pre cast glaive, SS, stampede then 1 or 2 arcane shots before BW +dire beast so you don't focus cap. You could also kill command + 2 arcane shot then dire beast then BW. Those are probably a better way to open up.
    Stat weights are different for each player with different gear/talents/sim setup/race etc, and he said that they are his stat weights, so hardly noone can say that they are "wrong" They may be for your toon, but not for him's.

Also every opener is debatable, but there are 2 main things that needs to be understood. BM openers rely on maxing the TED proccs, and getting 2 KCs inside the first TED, one of them with 9 or 10 stacks is key to the opener. You can't do that if you delay BW for that much time, at least not optimally. Second, wasting focus is not a problem, as long as you are using all the focus you can. If you are spamming as/casting KC/GT on CD and focus cap, it doesn't matter at all.

He's a troll don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    He's a troll don't bother.
    The wrath of Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Playing BM is a play style thing for me. I just don't like how surv plays ( and never have ) - So i just stick with my beloved BM spec =D. Plus who doesn't want 38sec BW's =D
    *39 sec with 4/4 hcwf
    Well 38.89 but its rounded upwards.

Deleted

Next level information right here r0lf

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    *39 sec with 4/4 hcwf
    Important information right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Next level information right here r0lf
    The part I enjoyed was "Those are probably a better way to open up." that made me laugh. Probably Okay/etc again.

Deleted
    Man I feel so naive...

Only the best hunters play a spec that is not as good as the best spec ! I am the only survival lord left, me and a bunch of euros from paragon.
    I wish I was better on the ranking but. . . . alas my guild's raid damage is too low to even make some of the rankings worth while. You know it's bad when you're top dps on some of the fights that are fairly stationary which could give any other class an overwhelming advantage.

To the OP. . . thanks for the write-up Azor even though we discussed some of it on SentryTotem. A good place to remind myself of some of the things. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    *39 sec with 4/4 hcwf
    Oh really? Woah woah, my whole rotation and priority just changed.

Do remember to berate all the things in the you feel need berating to make it as accurate as poss.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Stat weights are different for each player with different gear/talents/sim setup/race etc, and he said that they are his stat weights, so hardly noone can say that they are "wrong" They may be for your toon, but not for him's.

Also every opener is debatable, but there are 2 main things that needs to be understood. BM openers rely on maxing the TED proccs, and getting 2 KCs inside the first TED, one of them with 9 or 10 stacks is key to the opener. You can't do that if you delay BW for that much time, at least not optimally. Second, wasting focus is not a problem, as long as you are using all the focus you can. If you are spamming as/casting KC/GT on CD and focus cap, it doesn't matter at all.
    Any hunter who takes raiding seriously knows that focus capping is a major dps loss. To prevent this if dire beast and BW ever line up you push yourself to 50-60 focus to prevent dire beast from focus capping you.

Infracted: Please do not spread misinformation, it will be considered trolling.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2014-06-10 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Do remember to berate all the things in the you feel need berating to make it as accurate as poss.
    Obviously your tusks are way too long and need to be cut shorter to obtain the optimal rotation/etc. You're simply doing it wrong. Kappa
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2014-06-10 at 02:17 PM.

Any hunter who takes raiding seriously knows that focus capping is a major dps loss. To prevent this if dire beast and BW ever line up you push yourself to 50-60 focus to prevent dire beast from focus capping you.
    focus capping when you are still using your highest dps ability every global isnt a dps loss, it's just not a dps gain.