Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Those "100 wins" for those two battlegrounds are something I doubt I'll ever see as a Horde player.
    If I didn't already have 100 wins for SotA I would never get it as Alliance either. Going to be really tough for SSM too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I have no idea how Horde lose this. In my bgs (I play alliance and Horde) Horde are so much better at working as a team, Alliance just are mostly made up of bots and people who seem to dislike or never play BGs (ofcourse there are exceptions).

Complete opposite in AV and IOC though, Horde just seem to sheep it into the mid and fight pointless battles and Alliance turn into super organised tactical masters.
    In IOC alliance arent tactical masters horde just dint do one simple job aka destroy the bloody glavies.
    In AV i have no idea how since was turned to run fest horde dint realise that they dint have chance to out race allis to the last boss

Bots. Horde used to win IoC 50% of the time in WotLK and early Cata.

You can't win when more than half your team is bots.

I blacklist it.

As for the theory of allowing one blacklist.

I would still choose to black list IoC over AV for several reasons: 1. You can still do enough to win an AV match even if you have some bots on your team (defending flags, GY chokepoints with a small group of players). 2. Horde has a higher win rate with AV over IoC.

Oh lord please do not help Horde with IoC or AV... you guys have enough BGs you win already no??

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall hearing someone say that when Wintergrasp and Tol Barad are turned into battlegrounds and that those two, in addition to Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest, will be separated from the rest of the battlegrounds and put into their own "40-man" category. While I agree that sounds nice, it'll only split the pool of players who are trying to queue and give larger waiting periods.

Wintergrasp and Tol Barad should be turned into battlegrounds no quarrels there, and then all 40-player battlegrounds should be reduced to 25, or 20-player sizes, and then they should be added into Rated play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Oh lord please do not help Horde with IoC or AV... you guys have enough BGs you win already no??
    don't worry i guess that the alliance is oblivious to the fact that half the horde team inside of AV are also bots. I've personally witnessed them in a group assault a dun baldar bunker, then immediately leave, leaving no one on defense, mount up, and head back south down the road to icewing bunker to assault that flag. repeat til alliance wins screen

bot path > balinda, stormpike base, back south to icewing, pathing back and forth up the road between sp gy flag and icewing bunker til game ends
    Last edited by coldrain; 2014-06-10 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Your points are exactly what Alliance players complain about in all other battlegrounds other than the ones you've mentioned. Let us have our moment
    I don't think anyone would care if Horde wait times weren't as long for BGs as they are. It takes like 10-13 minutes to get into a BG that is not a stupid pve raid boss BG, where as the queue time for AV/IoC are almost instant.

I've been playing World of Warcraft since 2007 and I still don't know how to win AV. I just try to help people defend/assault bunkers and never backcap because no one else is ever doing it. I still try every now and then, but no one ever comes to help when I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    don't worry i guess that the alliance is oblivious to the fact that half the horde team inside of AV are also bots. I've personally witnessed them in a group assault a dun baldar bunker, then immediately leave, leaving no one on defense, mount up, and head back south down the road to icewing bunker to assault that flag. repeat til alliance wins screen

bot path > balinda, stormpike base, back south to icewing, pathing back and forth up the road between sp gy flag and icewing bunker til game ends
    People playing like idiots doesn't always mean they're bots. Maybe they just play like... idiots.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post

Those "100 wins" for those two battlegrounds are something I doubt I'll ever see as a Horde player.
    This is why I'm glad I did both of them a lot during Wotlk when I actually cared about the game.

If I could, I would just give you these achievements as they serve no use for me. I don't go for achievements in this game, they just happen.

On Horde I black list IOC and AV
    On Alliance I black list IOC and AV

If I could black list 3 I would black list SoTA. I black list them because I don't enjoy them. The lack of control in a 40 man BG is ridiculous. No matter how good I personally am I typically have a low impact on the outcome of the game.

I believe a huge number of issues would be resolved if they converted these into 15 man BG's instead of 40. That leaves enough players that would have ended up in these craptacular bg's to fill nearly 3 other BG's.

To fix the bot issues blizzard just needs to remove the reasons people would bot. I highly doubt all the bots are there to grind honor because they need honor gear. Likely I suspect they do it to sell the items or enchanting materials for gold. Remove the ability to DE pvp items and reduce or remove the resell value of them. If gold is a problem attach more gold to player corpses and remove the durability from pvp item so they dont need to be repaired.

OT- Horde continuously uses bad strategies to lose these BG's. With the amount of horde that black list these and the amount of alliance that specific queue for them it makes the overall pvp competence ratio highly skewed in the alliances favor. Then add in they require 80... people per one that pops up anyone who does not black list these gets them 90% of the time so bots and such dont even need to specific queue for them to get them.

Deleted
    There is no helping on this BG. The issue is Alliance can bot to victory with Docks -> Base.

The only defence against this is a combined attack and defend strategy because they always get docks which doesn't work with bots on our side.

So we blacklist.

Deleted
    just blacklist AV and IOC and enjoy winning 80% of the bgs.

Complete opposite in AV and IOC though, Horde just seem to sheep it into the mid and fight pointless battles and Alliance turn into super organised tactical masters.
    Because everyone I know have at least IoC blacklisted..
    Some still do AV for nostalgia, but that's about it.
    THat - as said before, means that there's much less representation of good horde players in both IoC and AV that could carry the team.. And i don't see a way of changing it, unless they vastly favor horde in there to bring the players back..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    If I didn't already have 100 wins for SotA I would never get it as Alliance either. Going to be really tough for SSM too.
    SSM is a coin toss tbh. If you're team is filled with LFR geared ppl trying to get their quest complete, you'll probably lose. If it's the other team that has this going on, you win. It's the same for ToK, I've had one where I was the only person with actual PvP gear, guess we'll know for sure when WoD hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People playing like idiots doesn't always mean they're bots. Maybe they just play like... idiots.
    I'm starting to wonder if you've ever seen a bot before.. If you have a level 90 horde please queue isle of conquest and stay in the horde base for a moment

after the gate opens. that circle of players still standing there? watch them for a moment. as they go out the teleporter while the gate is still open. watch as they all attack the same target, run back to the same spot and then mount together simultaneously..watch as this repeats throughout entire AV and Isle games

It's obvious why horde lose so much.

Like alterac Valley, the hordes side isn't tuned to bum rush the other side. If they don't use tactics they will lose where as alliance can just rush all the way to the back and wait few minutes and gg..

When I was doing IoC on my alliance toons, it didn't matter what we took whether it was work shop or docks or. hangar whatever we still could just push to the horde gate with the Glaives or siege engines and still win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if you've ever seen a bot before.. If you have a level 90 horde please queue isle of conquest and stay in the horde base for a moment

after the gate opens. that circle of players still standing there? watch them for a moment. as they go out the teleporter while the gate is still open. watch as they all attack the same target, run back to the same spot and then mount together simultaneously..watch as this repeats throughout entire AV and Isle games
    Maybe it's a cult thing?

You should mimic them sometime and gain their trust, marry their women, and in time - gain their trust. You could be like Jane Goodall of the IoC bots
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I have no idea how Horde lose this. In my bgs (I play alliance and Horde) Horde are so much better at working as a team, Alliance just are mostly made up of bots and people who seem to dislike or never play BGs (ofcourse there are exceptions).

Horde have a massive gear advantage in all smaller BGs. In 40-man BGs it's more about tactics than gear so alliance is better at those

as an old horde to alliance currently player i found alliance usually gets issues when the horde send a decent force to Docks (main force to WS, and a few to Hanger sense alliance never sends any to Hanger) and although we can cap docks before the horde get there its actually bad for us because wiping 10-15 horde is pretty tough to do in a minute if they play smart and when the glaives spawn while the fights going on it makes docks much shittier sense the glaives drop very fast if a couple horde look at them

Getting kinda sick of trying to explain this to the "maybe they're really just bad players?" posters on this forum. They are all bots. These bots can be players from any realm.

Here's two videos showing you what to look for since apparently it's not obvious enough in game when playing with and against these bots

WoW PvP is and will forever stay ruined because of this shit. It's already gear > skill. add in the fact that you cannot feel proud of any "victory" you "earn" over another team when half of that team consisted of bots

Blizzard refuses to acknowledge that this has ruined the game for a lot of people, because all they seem to care about is the almighty dollar they continue to receive from these bot accounts monthly sub and the cash shop sales that make up for every legitimate player who unsubscribed because of it
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.