Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next Horde Playable Race?

Personally, I know many people hate these threads, but I love to see what other people think. So which would you prefer/think is most likely to make it in during the next expansion? Ogres to me seem super likely sense during Cataclysm the Stonemaul Clan takes a much larger role, and even goes as far to recruit many new clans under them. However I wouldn't mind playable Hozen, even I they are super dumb. Your thoughts?

WoD would be the perfect expansion to give the Alliance arrakoa and Horde ogres, since they will both play a huge role. The playable arrakoa and ogres would come from our original timeline, now visiting the past. And both of their starting zones in an updated instanced part of Outland, similiar like the DK starting area.

Would also like to see naga (either Horde or neutral) and furbolg for Alliance.

Ogres are far too large and would be a nightmare to put into the game. I hope they are done with just tossing in new races, but if they are not almost anything over ogres. If they go towards burning legion stuff maybe a group of satyrs for the horde or something like that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Kangaroo men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ogres are far too large and would be a nightmare to put into the game. I hope they are done with just tossing in new races, but if they are not almost anything over ogres. If they go towards burning legion stuff maybe a group of satyrs for the horde or something like that.
    There are many ogre groups that are only a foot taller than Tauren and some that are actually smaller, so they could easily be made to correct size.

I do like Saytrs for Horde though, but aren't there a few trying to redeem themselves with the Nelves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It's gotta be Ogres at some point, they're the only original Horde members left unplayable.
    At least give us unique-modeled Mok'Nathal. Alternate pre-Haratha's-death Rexxar can be the racial leader. Him or Leoroxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I want lamias. Why ? Because they are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    There are many ogre groups that are only a foot taller than Tauren and some that are actually smaller, so they could easily be made to correct size.

I do like Saytrs for Horde though, but aren't there a few trying to redeem themselves with the Nelves?
    Even taurens are a pain in the ass in some places. Flash backs of tanking in ST on the stairs or things like that where you can't see anything. A taller fatter race sounds horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

To really piss of the anti panda crowd I would like a unikitty April fools joke or something.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Ogres are so obvious, Hozen are horrible.

I would personally love Naga,they were allies with the Blood Elves,granted not the same BE we have in the Horde now but whatever. If they made Jaina date a dragon,they can do anything.

So yeah i would like the Naga in the Horde.

I'm guessing Ogres AFTER WOD. Maybe their starting zone will be like the DK/Panda zone, a phased area of Draenor with perhaps some horde Ambassadors. You see what the horde has done in Draenor and you decide to join them before they close the portal for good.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I pick.. None.. no more races, only make the regular ones able to use subraces, such as Tuanka if you are Tauren.

I think it's pretty much been beaten like a dead horse, and I think for the longest time people have wanted Ogres for the Horde.

As for anything further who knows. I know people have been wanting the Naga, Ethereals, and Arakoa, not just for the Horde obviously.

Ogres.

Quailboar are a possibilities, but they'd need a questline to explain why they'd even join people they keep raiding. I do remember a good thread a long while back that gave a ton of damn good reasons for them to join, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Ogres, they fit horde so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Ogres would be a perfect fit for Horde. They've traditionally been Horde allies in all the older wars, so it wouldn't be too difficult to fit them in as a playable Horde race. They'd fit right in standing around Orgrimmar. Also, an Ogre Warrior would be badass. They'd just need model updates and for female Ogres to exist in game, I guess.

Although....a Horde-only race would mean Alliance have to get one too. And as an Alliance player, I find it hard to get excited about playable Arakkoa. Jinyu would be cooler but wouldn't really fit in an expansion like WoD.

That all being said....I'm fine with an expansion that has no new playable races or classes. Just spend the time updating/balancing what we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooster View Post
    I pick.. None.. no more races, only make the regular ones able to use subraces, such as Tuanka if you are Tauren.
    Personally I'd like the San'layn as a sub-race for Blood Elves. I mean, just give them slightly different ears, different eye glow, skin tone, and their facial feature would be a half mask with fang patterns on it.
    And really, to make it fit all that would have to happen is just make some note that we picked up some stragglers after we killed the Lich King, and took pity on them because we killed their queen.

Gods. I mean, like Father, Son and Holy Spirit type.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I think Ogres are the obvious next Horde race. If they can manage to weave Grizzik back into the Alliance lore than I could totally see an Alliance faction of bird dudes.
    You just lost The Game

Black Dragon-flight Draknoids

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin