Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroic Garrosh as a boomkin. Help with dps

    hi everyone,

    So we are actually progressing on Heroic garrosh and i find my dps to be quite low compare to the other boomy on our raid. My main spec is Resto and since we are 3 healing garrosh. I had to swap to dps. I dont have problem with the rotation but for some reason. I cant compete dps wise. Im doing around 275k dps with 576 ilvl.

    armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralas/advanced
    Log link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dv9XxRJa2ghcWQmC


    any tip will be welcome.

    Also, we are afking toes so DoT uptime cant be 100%
    Last edited by soulstaz; 2014-05-28 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Switch Force of Nature -> Incarnation and switch DoC -> HotW imo.

    Haven't looked at your log. Do you have to engineers or desecrates or anything?
    loljk

  3. #3
    I play with HoTW during garrosh, Was using DoC for some proving ground yesterday.

    I dont do engineers, but i do dot the weapon when they land but im aint part of the weapon team.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Druidboii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    75
    Basic tips:

    -Use Guided Stars (so you get at least 10 stars on Garrosh, every time)
    -If you have a DK, symbiosis him/her and you can AMS every Whirl

    Phase one:
    --Don't worry about optimizing here, it's just padding. And your raid group is already accustomed to it's current kill time. So pushing it faster would throw everyone off.

    Intermission 1:
    --Try and be 1 cast before lunar eclipse, it's good to also have a starfall and Shooting Stars proc saved up.
    --Right before getting in range of your pack Starfall -> Instant Cast SS into "your" add -> Moonfire the 3 in the pack -> Hardcast Starfires and SS's into "your" add.
    --After your add is dead help kill the other 2. Make sure the casters in your add kill group have different focus targets, so that no ones cast are getting interrupted due to add dying.

    Phase 2:
    --Nothing really special, just following Raid Leader instructions.
    --Only dot the desecrates if you're instructed to kill them. Dotting them up is not a single target DPS increase.

    I see y'all are 3 healing, but still getting a second intermission? Your DPS need to pick it up!

    Intermission 2:
    --/dance and play a /roll game to pass time

    No special tips for the remainder of the fight, just follow the ranged group and burn boss.

    Honestly, just practice in Flex. Ignore the strat of the flex group and just do the positioning of your main raid. That's how I practiced my groups strat. It really helped w/ getting a feel for the fight, as well as DPS.

  5. #5
    Not OP here, but similar situation. New to moonkin, been playing it off and on since about halfway through SoO (main rogue all xpac till we needed a druid so I switched to my feral and started collecting moonkin gear).

    I'm a bit behind in gear (575 this week. No PBoI at all). Part of me lagging behind is that I believe, but I do think I have a lot of room to improve through my own play.

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...indre/advanced
    Logs (will need to look at last week, we took this one off): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8531/

    I know I'm at times messing up the opener and not always casting the right spell coming out of CE. I'm working on that.
    I'm missing a significant portion of shooting stars when I multidot the adds. I hold on to starsurge when I'm about to push out of an eclipse. Is this a mistake? (Aka, if at 10 energy and have a proc with 2 adds left to dot. Throw out the starsurge and work back to eclipse, or dot the last two adds then continue on?)

    With feral I know exactly when to reapply dots. For moonkin, when is it worth overwriting your dots? One proc? Two? And how many second left?

    And if there's anything else you'd be able to help with that you see from the logs, it would be much appreciated.

  6. #6
    I agree with everything Druidboii said. The only thing I would change is trading AMS for Cloak in case your group needs your tranq during a whirling. I also like to run with Black Blood instead of KTT especially for fight like Garrosh as it allow me to land more cast during an empowered whirling due to the extra int it can proc (which also means more crit) but if you have a Heroic KTT and a normal Black Blood go for the KTT.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Druidboii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    I agree with everything Druidboii said. The only thing I would change is trading AMS for Cloak in case your group needs your tranq during a whirling. I also like to run with Black Blood instead of KTT especially for fight like Garrosh as it allow me to land more cast during an empowered whirling due to the extra int it can proc (which also means more crit) but if you have a Heroic KTT and a normal Black Blood go for the KTT.
    The only issue w/ cloak is that you can only use it on a few of the WC's. While AMS can be used for every single one.

    Also, you'll rarely get hit by more than 1 swirl during EWC so AMS + Barkskin should be all you need (assuming you have a disc priest or resto druid)

  8. #8
    It depends on your guild really, but cloak lets you soak malice in p4 or at least be a backup if a soaker dies. AMS isn't really needed for whirling as you're going to be rejuving yourself + rotating barkskin + NS heal + healthstone or ursoc as a last resort. You shouldn't even be dropping below 50% from the whirls, but it depends on strat.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    It depends on your guild really, but cloak lets you soak malice in p4 or at least be a backup if a soaker dies. AMS isn't really needed for whirling as you're going to be rejuving yourself + rotating barkskin + NS heal + healthstone or ursoc as a last resort. You shouldn't even be dropping below 50% from the whirls, but it depends on strat.
    I find AMS to be the best Symbiosis option for Garrosh since it is up for everything which you would need a personal CD for (Iron Star impact, whirling, annihilate. Fairly sure you can use it to soak malice in P4 too since it stops magic effects from being applied. Why would you opt to rejuv yourself, ursoc or NS heal when you can use AMS which is off the GCD? Not like you need your Symbiosis for anything else.

  10. #10
    How much damage does it absorb?

  11. #11
    25% of your health.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    Basic tips:




    Phase 2:


    I see y'all are 3 healing, but still getting a second intermission? Your DPS need to pick it up!


    does 3 healing means something different or just going with 3 heals? Because with 3 heals they have to be in 2nd transmission, so am i getting something wrong? Because even in our group where we are going 2heals 1 tank rest dps,we have it close

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I find AMS to be the best Symbiosis option for Garrosh since it is up for everything which you would need a personal CD for (Iron Star impact, whirling, annihilate. Fairly sure you can use it to soak malice in P4 too since it stops magic effects from being applied. Why would you opt to rejuv yourself, ursoc or NS heal when you can use AMS which is off the GCD? Not like you need your Symbiosis for anything else.
    I'm talking about soaking the 4th malice with rogues. AMS is not going to save you from that lol. Additionally, Iron Star impacts, the p1 desecrated weapons and whirls are all covered by raid CDs and you will not drop below 50-70% hp from whirling unless your guild is stacking for empowered whirls. AMS is a good option, I'm not denying that, but as I said before cloak has the benefit of doubling as a backup for anyone that dies from the 4th malice soak group. You can also use it 2-3 times before p4 to take 0 damage from the abilities you mentioned, as well as being able to channel a full tranq during empowered whirls or annihilates with 0 risk of death. AMS is complete overkill and doesn't provide as strong of utility. Both are good choices.

    also who cares if its off the gcd? ursoc, and skin are off global and NS is 1 global, doesn't matter

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Simsan View Post
    How much damage does it absorb?
    25% of your health.
    It's more about the 30% magic DR than the heal, which is pretty weak imo. Additionally, if someone isn't using AMS for Malkorok yet I'd highly recommend it. That's the fight it shines most. Unless your pull goes horribly wrong with 2+ missed soaks your shield will never drop low from soaking every pool.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    I'm talking about soaking the 4th malice with rogues. AMS is not going to save you from that lol.
    Both last 5 seconds and both immune the Malice. I see no problem.

  15. #15
    So you've actually soaked a 6 stack malice with AMS? The buff should fall off if you absorb it's effect so it's not going to do more than 1 or 2 ticks. It also doesn't remove the debuff. With cloak you would do 2 stacks, right before the 3rd cloak the debuff, skin as cloak fades. I really doubt you've soaked with AMS.

    My point still stands about the empowered whirling tranqs or tranqing during annihilates in transitions. You don't need AMS for every single whirl because if you're playing properly you won't drop below 70% even from the ability atm. If you needed AMS that often tons of other people would be dying because they don't have access to that many defensives.

    - - - Updated - - -

    K, going to assume that is a no. There's a reason dps DKs aren't used to soak and you wouldn't be doing so without multiple externals or something.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Both last 5 seconds and both immune the Malice. I see no problem.
    I'm with the other guy on this one - there is a reason it's called an 'immunity group' and AMS isn't an 'immunity'. Cloak allows you to stand still and get off an entire tranq with 0 risk on empowered whirlings, can't say the same for ams either. (btw ams was my go-to symb before i was asked to be malice back up); you can using it to immune star explosions in p1 to get in position for baiting when your procs allow, so its a minor dps gain aswell. Yes it isn't as frequent as AMS, but for its purpose, its far better.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I'm with the other guy on this one - there is a reason it's called an 'immunity group' and AMS isn't an 'immunity'. Cloak allows you to stand still and get off an entire tranq with 0 risk on empowered whirlings, can't say the same for ams either. (btw ams was my go-to symb before i was asked to be malice back up); you can using it to immune star explosions in p1 to get in position for baiting when your procs allow, so its a minor dps gain aswell. Yes it isn't as frequent as AMS, but for its purpose, its far better.
    My understanding for being in the immunity group for malice is that AMS does exactly the same as cloak, in that it stops stacks of malice being applied (read the tooltip Anti-Magic Shell). I don't do it myself so I can't be sure but once I get a tick of malice (for normal soaking) I stand still and AMS and I have never gotten a 2nd stack doing that.

    The whirling is a different story, sometimes you'd be better having the full damage immunity and sometimes a personal CD for every whirling will be more beneficial. Not to mention the annihilate phase, if your guild doesn't always execute the orbs perfectly then an extra personal CD can come in very useful there.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    My understanding for being in the immunity group for malice is that AMS does exactly the same as cloak, in that it stops stacks of malice being applied (read the tooltip Anti-Magic Shell). I don't do it myself so I can't be sure but once I get a tick of malice (for normal soaking) I stand still and AMS and I have never gotten a 2nd stack doing that.
    Except AMS has an absorb limit and the buff that prevents immunity application fades when it reaches that limit. That's why I said
    There's a reason dps DKs aren't used to soak
    Your understanding -
    Both last 5 seconds
    is wildly incorrect, as AMS functions far differently from cloak and just because it prevents application doesn't mean it will work well for the same mechanic. Furthermore, due to the amount of damage the abilities do on Garrosh, especially for groups that stack in p1 weapons, as well as the possibility of missing a faith/hope/courage debuff because other players take multiple, CoS would both mitigate more damage overall and prevent more than likely prevent a death. Case closed, CoS is superior, thread over.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Except AMS has an absorb limit and the buff that prevents immunity application fades when it reaches that limit. That's why I said Your understanding - is wildly incorrect, as AMS functions far differently from cloak and just because it prevents application doesn't mean it will work well for the same mechanic. Furthermore, due to the amount of damage the abilities do on Garrosh, especially for groups that stack in p1 weapons, as well as the possibility of missing a faith/hope/courage debuff because other players take multiple, CoS would both mitigate more damage overall and prevent more than likely prevent a death. Case closed, CoS is superior, thread over.

    I mean, that's assuming so many things. I'd rather just take AMS so I didn't have to ever move for whirling corruption. I don't soak malice, we don't stack for weapons, our group (like everyone else at this point in the patch I imagine) greatly outgears the fight. Sometimes CloS is superior, don't be an asshat.
    loljk

  20. #20
    You guys are being stupid. The difference between Cos/AMS on a long fight like that is marginal and situation. Don't need an entire page arguing about it. Try them both pick what you like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •