Absorption prios

Let's say I have a 200k DA + 200k PWS + 600k Malkorok shield on target and he takes 400k damage. Will it priority using my shields or will it just split equally? I decided to go disc again since I can't manage my mana in holy, but it's annoying when I don't get any raptures on Malkorok...

Deleted
    Last I checked, the most recently applied shield was used first (cos logic)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Last I checked, the most recently applied shield was used first (cos logic)
    Could've sworn it was shortest remaining duration.

Apparently not.

https://twitter.com/Derevka/status/329386826714476544
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-06-09 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Let's say I have a 200k DA + 200k PWS + 600k Malkorok shield on target and he takes 400k damage. Will it priority using my shields or will it just split equally? I decided to go disc again since I can't manage my mana in holy, but it's annoying when I don't get any raptures on Malkorok...
    You can pws the active tank to proc rapture all the time, not sure what you are talking about.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Indeed, smallest shield is always first (which means that on malkorok, in the vast majority of cases, you will have PW:S etc go off before the encounter shields as they are 100% health.
    Fun fact: On fights where you're fighting for HPS (like Sha/nazgrim etc, not a lot going on), this means that a lesser geared disc priest will often be able to keep up with a better geared, as their absorbs will be used up first, and the better geared disc risks their absorb timers run out before they get used.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Indeed, smallest shield is always first (which means that on malkorok, in the vast majority of cases, you will have PW:S etc go off before the encounter shields as they are 100% health.
    Fun fact: On fights where you're fighting for HPS (like Sha/nazgrim etc, not a lot going on), this means that a lesser geared disc priest will often be able to keep up with a better geared, as their absorbs will be used up first, and the better geared disc risks their absorb timers run out before they get used.
    Only situation where your shield would go unused on malk tanks would be if you let their normal shield get low before applying yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Only situation where your shield would go unused on malk tanks would be if you let their normal shield get low before applying yours.
    Even then, the shield would get used up fairly quickly. As soon as the tanks encounter-shield gets filled, the PW:S becomes the smaller one, and will be removed by the ticking aura/next melee swing that hits.