Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I've been noticing a trend with streamers where dramatic events get them more exposure. I'm sure their not complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I've been noticing a trend with streamers where dramatic events get them more exposure. I'm sure their not complaining.
    Yes they should be happy that this happened!

At least score one for the internets, that is like....2 vs ∞ now huh?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venoox View Post
    So I recently saw this and this is crazy, apparently two armed men with broke into this girl-streamers house during her stream and robbed her
    If the victim had been male, would you have called him a guy-streamer?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Payday, some languages have "genders" for words, for example, "streamer" word in Russian would have "male gender", and when you talk about person-streamer, you can mislead people to thing that person you are talking about is male. Same thing exist in some professions, like, "doctor", but not for all, for example "teacher" have both male and female genders (учитель, учительница). Probably OPs' English language is not his native language
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    @Payday, some languages have "genders" for words, for example, "streamer" word in Russian would have "male gender", and when you talk about person-streamer, you can mislead people to thing that person you are talking about is male. Same thing exist in some professions, like, "doctor", but not for all, for example "teacher" have both male and female genders (учитель, учительница). Probably OPs' English language is not his native language
    Is there one for female streamer?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Officers took him into custody after a short foot chase. He has been identified as Edgardo Martinez, 27. He faces charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, first-degree burglary, theft of a firearm and theft of a credit card.
    This is what i don't understand, the kidnapping charge?

They were locked in their bedroom and the power turned off it seems, but does that constitute a kidnapping charge... when the person is still in their own home?

Aside from that, fucked up.

Interesting choice to target for firearms though, obtaining one in the U.S is quite easy to do if you don't mind being landed a felony if caught.

that's why i wouldn't run to see what's going on if i heard a big commotion in my house. i'd get my gun and hide with it pointed at my bedroom door.

i saw another streamer get robbed before. he was making videos about weed and they busted in and stole all of his weed and stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    http://youtu.be/-0X5GYkF_vo?t=10m50s

"I'm calling the police as soon as the game's over." I didn't think such poor excuses for human beings existed outside of parodies.
    That has to be a new low for gamers everywhere.
    I don't how much the guys had seen or heard, if I was in the game and not watching the stream I wouldn't calling the police either. I wouldn't even be able to living in Europe :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
    I like how you and others keep saying "not secured". How do you know they weren't secured? For all you know, she could have had them locked in a gun safe, and the robbers could have held her at gunpoint and forced her to open it. Talking out of your ass to try and imply that someone else is at fault simply due to your own misguided opinions is not a good way to enforce your point. Especially a pointless point like that.
    If they were secured the robber wouldn't even know of the guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Zaitsev View Post
    This is what i don't understand, the kidnapping charge?

They were locked in their bedroom and the power turned off it seems, but does that constitute a kidnapping charge... when the person is still in their own home?

Aside from that, fucked up.

Interesting choice to target for firearms though, obtaining one in the U.S is quite easy to do if you don't mind being landed a felony if caught.
    It's kidnapping when you hold someone against their will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If they were secured the robber wouldn't even know of the guns.
    Seeing as they have experience stealing guns, they can probably recognize a gun safe when they see one.

Her weapons were not secured and now the robber has illegal weapons he can sell or use to commit crimes, registered weapons are rarely used in gang warfare as convicted felons cannot own legal firearms.
    He already HAD an illegal gun...the one he used to commit the robbery.

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Seeing as they have experience stealing guns, they can probably recognize a gun safe when they see one.
    Actually after reading the facebook post by the streamer HERSELF:

Quote Originally Posted by Sajedene
    Two men kicked our door in and pointed their guns at us looking for the drugs and guns of some other man who was their original intended target but they got us instead. We only had the latter and offered them everything else we had. src
    They were not targeting her. They were targeting someone else with the goal of drugs and guns...but they got the wrong apartment. She offered them her guns and anything else they wanted (which was a smart thing to do...if someone has a gun pointed at you, do not be a hero....cooperate and you are far less likely to get shot.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    He already HAD an illegal gun...the one he used to commit the robbery.

Sheesh.
    And now he has more to sell on, a gun that cannot be traced to you is worth more than its weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Probably fake.
    And behold the wild skeptic, lurking around every corner waiting to shoot down the possibility of any happening that could possibly occur, with absolutely no evidence to support their arguments.

Scientists have spent decades tracking down such an amazing specimen, which closely resembles their cousin, the teenage cynical atheist. We've identified them by the very high chance of bitterness due the lack of a social life in high school and/or strict upbringing that was enforced by baby boomer parents. The only cure for a bite from a wild skeptic is to leave your house and breathe a sigh of relief in the fresh air, which will remind you that the sun shines regardless of the skeptics disbelief in everything EXCEPT the belief that everything is out to get them or their money.

If you experience any of the following symptoms, please consult a therapist immediately:

An endless, and inexplicable cynical outlook on everything that life has to offer, the craving to wear tinfoil hats, and a severe resentment towards people who live happy and functioning lives.
    Last edited by Smugglerrr; 2014-06-10 at 02:53 PM.