Thread: halo Collection

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That feeling when you respond to a 2 month old comment that's already been responded to a dozen times.

On topic: True skill ranking system... All of my yes.
    Will be nice to give the kids of this day a glimpse of what a ranking system should be and not this PC shit where you can never derank and no matter how shit you are you always get exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/ma...g-as-per-halo/

Well think that does it, THe halo 2 ranking system for the entire collections multiplayer instead of this no skill never derank shit that all the games have now. Game of the year goes to remake? Lets not mention how amazing that map looked.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/ha...fts-to-dec-29/

And that looks fucking awsome, 3 weeks long beta, 7 maps and shitloads of guns. 3 gametypes.
    This made my fucking day, even though I've had a shitty past couple of weeks this has brought me some fucking excitement! I'm pumped for the Halo 2 ranking system, I've fucking missed it.

I also shit myself seeing that level 46 full moon in that screenshot!
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2014-08-12 at 11:43 PM.

Seriously the best news in so long. Playing against random low level people constantly because there's no functioning ranking systems created the most boring MM experiences ever.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...tion-ign-first

Fucking amazing looking, Not sure how i feel about the additions to the map as i loved it the way it was but time will tell. Cannot wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on the 360, so not going to be able to replay them, but oh well, got all of them for the xbox/360 (Halo 1, Halo 1 anniv. Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach and Halo 4). It's a shame I wont be able to play Halo 2 HD
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Watch the top video from the link, shit has me drooling for some Halo 2 online dear god! It's towards the second half where it gets good!

Deleted
    Will you get a new Halo game with the halo collection or only old games?

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Will you get a new Halo game with the halo collection or only old games?
    You get the following as games that already existed

Halo CE - Original campaign and multiplayer with Halo PC maps as well as an anniversary HD version of the campaign and online multiplayer for the first time on console ever.
    Halo 2 - All content produced for Halo 2 and Halo 2 Vista including all DLC
    Halo 3 - All content produced for Halo 3 including DLC
    Halo 4 - All content produced for Halo 4 including DLC

As for new content you get a remastered HD Halo 2 campaign along with remastered audio as well as Halo 2: Anniversary (this is your new game) multiplayer which is a reimagined Halo 2 running on a modified for H4 engine to take advantage of the Xbox One's hardware with 6 Halo 2 maps all re imagined and looking nice for 2014 on an Xbox One.

Basically if you never played Halo or only played one or two of them and want to catch up and play a definitive Halo experience with the best offerings from the series all online on dedicated servers and in one disc then this is a steal at $60. You'll also be guaranteed Halo 5 beta access this December.

Jesus I sound like a salesman at this point but honestly this is an amazing deal. There is no game that comes close to this value so if you own an xbox one this should be an instant purchase
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-10-18 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    You get the following as games that already existed

Halo CE - Original campaign and multiplayer with Halo PC maps as well as an anniversary HD version of the campaign and online multiplayer for the first time on console ever.
    Halo 2 - All content produced for Halo 2 and Halo 2 Vista including all DLC
    Halo 3 - All content produced for Halo 3 including DLC
    Halo 4 - All content produced for Halo 4 including DLC

As for new content you get a remastered HD Halo 2 campaign along with remastered audio as well as Halo 2: Anniversary (this is your new game) multiplayer which is a reimagined Halo 2 running on a modified for H4 engine to take advantage of the Xbox One's hardware with 6 Halo 2 maps all re imagined and looking nice for 2014 on an Xbox One.

Basically if you never played Halo or only played one or two of them and want to catch up and play a definitive Halo experience with the best offerings from the series all online on dedicated servers and in one disc then this is a steal at $60. You'll also be guaranteed Halo 5 beta access this December.

Jesus I sound like a salesman at this point but honestly this is an amazing deal. There is no game that comes close to this value so if you own an xbox one this should be an instant purchase
    I would pay 100$ for halo 2 multiplayer alone but the fact we get it all is amazing. Whole generation of kids who havnt played halo 2 and seen how it shaped console online to what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I would pay 100$ for halo 2 multiplayer alone but the fact we get it all is amazing. Whole generation of kids who havnt played halo 2 and seen how it shaped console online to what it is today.
    Pretty much. I actually bought an xbox one specifically because of this game. So you could say I'm willing to spend ~600$ to play it lol

As much as I loved the original 3 Halo games and despise the rest of them, I really don't know how I feel about the Master Chief collection as a whole.

It's the selling point that the Xbone really needs right now but I am a bit tired of seeing so many classic games being updated and re-released as opposed to game studios actually creating new and more original IPs.

I guess that is what Destiny is and I would say it was successful overall but with a few stumbles.

My only other gripe is that Halo 4 is being released along side the other games. That game is garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, didn't realize this was a necro'd thread. This should just be turned into a megathread honestly.

Deleted
    Already downloaded the game from XBL and now I´m just staring at the game icon every day and praying that it´s gonna be November 11 soon.

Really can´t wait to play all the classic Halo games again especially Halo 1 because I haven't played that game in ages.

I've decided against buying this game and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. Remaking games that are a decade old is not something that I think should be encouraged by consumers.

I might wait for Halo 5 but it is probably just going to be a Reach and 4 1080p (or 900p lmao) re-skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I've decided against buying this game and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. Remaking games that are a decade old is not something that I think should be encouraged by consumers.

I might wait for Halo 5 but it is probably just going to be a Reach and 4 1080p (or 900p lmao) re-skin.
    It´s not just a remake of a simple game that is a decade old. You make it sound like they are selling a remake of a generic Xbox 1 game for 60$ which isn't the case.

Where else can you get 4 games complete with their working multiplayer modes for that money? Halo 1 and 2´s MP hasn't been working since ages so reviving these FPS genre forming games isn't just a "remaking decade old games" it´s more.

I´m against remakes of games that have only been released a few months back like TLOU but HALO MCC? It´s a chance for people that haven't had the chance to experience these games when their MP was still working or never had an original Xbox.

BTW: With your attitude towards Halo 5 and the franchise in general I´m wondering why you are interested in a Halo thread or the franchise in general?

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    It´s not just a remake of a simple game that is a decade old. You make it sound like they are selling a remake of a generic Xbox 1 game for 60$ which isn't the case.

Where else can you get 4 games complete with their working multiplayer modes for that money? Halo 1 and 2´s MP hasn't been working since ages so reviving these FPS genre forming games isn't just a "remaking decade old games" it´s more.

I´m against remakes of games that have only been released a few months back like TLOU but HALO MCC? It´s a chance for people that haven't had the chance to experience these games when their MP was still working or never had an original Xbox.

BTW: With your attitude towards Halo 5 and the franchise in general I´m wondering why you are interested in a Halo thread or the franchise in general?
    I think Halo went to shit after 3. ODST was fine I guess, probably not worth $60 but it was good and it was free recon. Reach was just terrible on so many levels and 4 shot itself in the knee by not having a ranking system for months until everyone had already moved on. Unless 343 really learned their lesson I think 5 is going to turn out the same Call of Duty skinned Halo that Reach and 4 ended up being.

The problem with the Master Chief collection is that you can play all the Halo games on 360 or One except for the second game so I don't know why they are re-releasing all of them (Well I do know, to make money). This game is just a quick way for the Xbox One to gain some traction and make some money before Halo 5 is released.

I posted in this thread because I had some small glimmer of hope for this franchise but seeing as I don't, I won't be posting here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I think Halo went to shit after 3. ODST was fine I guess, probably not worth $60 but it was good and it was free recon. Reach was just terrible on so many levels and 4 shot itself in the knee by not having a ranking system for months until everyone had already moved on. Unless 343 really learned their lesson I think 5 is going to turn out the same Call of Duty skinned Halo that Reach and 4 ended up being.

The problem with the Master Chief collection is that you can play all the Halo games on 360 or One except for the second game so I don't know why they are re-releasing all of them (Well I do know, to make money). This game is just a quick way for the Xbox One to gain some traction and make some money before Halo 5 is released.

I posted in this thread because I had some small glimmer of hope for this franchise but seeing as I don't, I won't be posting here again.
    That's great and all but Halo 1's MP isn't on either unless you count that shitty reach MP they put it in and only what 6 map? As for Halo 3/4 they're just bringing them over so you don't need to swap consoles all the time, I mean I don't care much for Halo 4 but Halo 3 will be nice on Xbox One with 1080p 60 FPS. Also I mean fucking Halo 2, that alone I'd pay $100+. I mean for $60 you get 4 games, all functional MP at 1080p 60FPS plus that Spartan Ops crap.

If you weren't a fan of Halo 1/2, Halo 2 alone had an amazing MP and I for one can't wait for it. Halo 3 is still fun and while I can go on my 360 it'll be nice to play Halo 3 scaled up to 1080p 60FPS on Xbox One and it'll increase the player pool. I mean for Halo 1/2 MP alone this game will have a shit ton of player.

I don't agree that this is a money grab due to there being so much work involved in this and how much content is packed in to $60. I can't fucking wait for Halo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    That's great and all but Halo 1's MP isn't on either unless you count that shitty reach MP they put it in and only what 6 map? As for Halo 3/4 they're just bringing them over so you don't need to swap consoles all the time, I mean I don't care much for Halo 4 but Halo 3 will be nice on Xbox One with 1080p 60 FPS. Also I mean fucking Halo 2, that alone I'd pay $100+. I mean for $60 you get 4 games, all functional MP at 1080p 60FPS plus that Spartan Ops crap.

If you weren't a fan of Halo 1/2, Halo 2 alone had an amazing MP and I for one can't wait for it. Halo 3 is still fun and while I can go on my 360 it'll be nice to play Halo 3 scaled up to 1080p 60FPS on Xbox One and it'll increase the player pool. I mean for Halo 1/2 MP alone this game will have a shit ton of player.

I don't agree that this is a money grab due to there being so much work involved in this and how much content is packed in to $60. I can't fucking wait for Halo.
    Money grabs are Remastered games like TLOU that was re-released only 1 year after the original (although I still enjoyed it on the PS4) but the MCC is definitely no cash grab it is more like a steal. I think that 60$ for the amount of content and awesomeness it is extremely cheap.

Sure you can buy Halo 1 and 2 on the 360 if you buy the Anniversary editions but they don´t include the full MP mode with all the original stuff and thats really what makes the MCC shine.

P.S. There are people that had no Xbox prior to the One and for them this is a perfect opportunity to catch up with the HALO universe prior to Halo 5 and experience the original MP modes and all that made the early games great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Money grabs are Remastered games like TLOU that was re-released only 1 year after the original (although I still enjoyed it on the PS4) but the MCC is definitely no cash grab it is more like a steal. I think that 60$ for the amount of content and awesomeness it is extremely cheap.

Sure you can buy Halo 1 and 2 on the 360 if you buy the Anniversary editions but they don´t include the full MP mode with all the original stuff and thats really what makes the MCC shine.

P.S. There are people that had no Xbox prior to the One and for them this is a perfect opportunity to catch up with the HALO universe prior to Halo 5 and experience the original MP modes and all that made the early games great.
    I completely agree, I mean I'm so fucking excited I wish I could freeze myself to November 11th haha. I got a whole week off from work as well just to play me some Halo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I completely agree, I mean I'm so fucking excited I wish I could freeze myself to November 11th haha. I got a whole week off from work as well just to play me some Halo!
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/2...ounced-for-ps3

Yeah that is milking right there with 3 versions of the same game within 1 and a half years but where else do you get 4 games for the price of one.

Buying all the 4 Halo games separately would cost a shit ton of money (Anniversary editions are all full priced) and wouldn't even include all of the original MP stuff. The MCC is a steal and if there were a collectors edition of the MCC with a MC statue I would even pay 150$ for that and still wouldn't feel bad about it.