Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I got my invite today, anyone know how big of a download it is?
    About 6.6 GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was up til... 5am... god. My eyes.

So here's my take on it so far:

1) The four class system is back from BF4. Operators (Assault) Mechanics (duh) Enforcers (Support) and Professionals (Recon). The one with the most stuff and functionality right now seems to be the enforcer. My loadout: m870 shotgun (deathstick) riot shield, tazer or gas mask and gas grenades. I also played professional a bit.

2) Upgrades are on a purchase system. Know those points you get for doing stuff? It's not just points you earn as in the better you do the more cash you get to burn on upgrades. Suggests there may be a PTW thing in the future. I mean there's one in BF4 now, but it's not even close to worth it. What makes this good is the fact that instead of having to go through a bunch of upgrades you don't want just buy the ones you do want right away. Gun attachment unlocks so far are similar, but in a more tiered fashion. 10 kills = service star. 10 stars = all attachments unlocked. Each attachment has a purchase price, and of course a lot of them share the same kill level. The medium range scopes for example all require 7 stars. Then, just buy the ones you want, skip the ones you don't. I love how this works so far! Some are sharable between classes too. Ziplines, Grapples and gasmasks should be early purchases.

3) Everyone can get a vehicle in the map they have (High Tension, shown in the gameplay trailer) and vehicles function a lot differently. Think of GTA multiplayer 4 door cars, three passengers can shoot, lean out of the window etc. Most vehicles can be destroyed with concentrated gunfire (2-3 people constantly firing on it) helos can actually be shot down with the LMGs the enforcer carries. Which brings me to my next point:

4) Heavy small arms focus. A pistol is actually a viable form of gunplay, rather than just a save your ass when you empty a clip thing. This isn't military. Most vehicles can be swiss-cheesed. People die faster. Everything is speed-induced. It's like BF4 Turbo. Larger arms are of course an advantage due to their range, but at the 20-30 yard/meter range a pistol is going to be JUST as deadly. All of this impacts the destruction though, as you are not likely to blow through a wall to get someone as easily as before.

5) Melee weapon choices matter. Knifes are fast kills at melee, I believe the front knife counter is coming back. Bats/ nightsticks allow for non-leathal takes (more points? Gotta experiment..) and I do not believe there will be a front bat counter other than shooting the fool. Windows can't be broken out with a knife anymore, but a bat/stick can do it. A knife can also cut a zipline or grapple whereas a bat just swingsandamiss!

6) New gadgets! My favorite is one I suggested long ago (I am bias! Fuck you!): The Decoy. It's a noise maker that puts a lot of false IDs on your minimap. I wish it could be activated remotely...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping to get an invite as I love Payday 2 and would love to be playing this when my friends aren't online.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekeus View Post
    Is it going to be very buggy like battlefield 4??
    It probably is.

I don't want to spoil the game for myself so I'm going to wait till it comes out on its release date and play it for myself to see how it is. And of course, I'll be getting it on the xbox one because I can't play shooters on a PC. I'm too old now to adapt to the mouse and keyboard because to get good with it takes years. And no, I'm not using an xbox controller for PC gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't run into any bugs gameplay wise but this game crashes all the freaking time. It's kind of frustrating because to launch the game on the PC you have to do it from the battlelog website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I haven't run into any bugs gameplay wise but this game crashes all the freaking time. It's kind of frustrating because to launch the game on the PC you have to do it from the battlelog website.
    Not crashed once for me and the only bug ive came across was in hiest as the terrorists, someone dropped the bag and we weren't able to pick it back up. It started the long secure countdown on the bag that the cops get wjen trying to secure it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Not crashed once for me and the only bug ive came across was in hiest as the terrorists, someone dropped the bag and we weren't able to pick it back up. It started the long secure countdown on the bag that the cops get wjen trying to secure it.
    I'm testing it on PS4. I crashed in BF4 while it was downloading. Haven't experienced a single bug in Hardline, save only one: package carrier fell off a building after being shot, the package fell someplace unreachable. One of the one-in-a-million things.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got my invite for pc. Can't wait to see how different it is from BF4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Just got my invite for pc. Can't wait to see how different it is from BF4

when did you sign up? cool if they are sending out more invites, hopefuly i will get in soon

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    when did you sign up? cool if they are sending out more invites, hopefuly i will get in soon

I think it was the same day this thread was made. (monday)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I think it was the same day this thread was made. (monday)

same here, still no inivte

After BF4, never again.

It's astounding that just after they announced major plans to fix the multitude of game breaking problems with BF4, they go ahead and push this. "Sorry that BF4 has had show stopping bugs for nearly 9 months, but here's another Battlefield game!"
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    After BF4, never again.

It's astounding that just after they announced major plans to fix the multitude of game breaking problems with BF4, they go ahead and push this. "Sorry that BF4 has had show stopping bugs for nearly 9 months, but here's another Battlefield game!"

Sorry you feel that way. I'll be honest: I've played buggier, 'finished' products. When it works, BF4 is the best damn multiplayer experience I've ever had. Bar none. Hardline so far is a bit of a diet version, so far. If you love playing a game, like I do with Battlefield, just play it. Bugs will be fixed. Things will work again. Making a perfectly functioning product as big as the games get in BF is a nigh impossible task, especially on PC- this is why I am console for it now... where different users have different archtectures, different levels of computer skill (not game skill, but knowledge of their rigs) and different hardware all running the same program.

There's game breaking bugs in WoW still on live, but again... if you love it enough you report the bugs and keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my invite! Will report back here after a few matches and share some feelings :P
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been running flawlessly for me. I've put over 10 hours into it so far, and zero crashes. I don't get weird FPS spikes either. Everything seems to be working A-Okay, but beta and launch are completely different stories.

As for gameplay side of things- I thoroughly enjoy it. Its a refreshing change of pace but I wish they explained whats going on objective wise for new players. There must have been a wave of new invites today because a lot of my Heist matches weren't more than 4 minutes. I think people were too busy playing Team Deathmatch while the person carrying all the money made it to the rooftop for an evac.

If you're looking for matches that last longer in beta- play Blood Money. Its more of a TDM style for a lot of players and it works, where as in Heist the objectives take heavy priority or the match doesn't last.

I still dislike sniping in this Battlefield as its still difficult to get head shots past a medium range unless they are immobile for 3-5 seconds. Usually if someone is standing still and you fire, they move before the bullet even gets to them. Other than that, bullet damage needs to go up for snipers as well. I've 2-shot people with the M16 (medic) where as the aiming with a sniper was so far off that it took me 3 shots just to kill some people.

Thats my only complaint, is that sniping is way too difficult for the reward- and the reward is maybe not dying as often... though I've been sniped by a pistol.

Other than that, a good Heist lobby is incredibly fun. Especially if you're with some friends or communicating with your squad.

What the fuck. I'm still checking my email.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did have some network slowdown this morning. And I found a graphical bug, as cops when in a transport chopper you can see the mini guns floating about 20 feet off the side of the chopper. I also noticed a lot of missing animation frame too, but this is a beta after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears to only crash when I alt-tab relentlessly...I'm not going to stop doing that, though. Waiting at the countdown screen for a new game is borrrringgg.

Anyways I was up until 2AM playing it. I'm at work now (little after 8AM) so I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed. Having a lot of fun using the Professional class. I hated the bolt action sniper at first but now that I've gotten the hang of leading the shot it's a lot more fun. I actually managed to headshot a guy off of his motorcycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears to only crash when I alt-tab relentlessly...I'm not going to stop doing that, though. Waiting at the countdown screen for a new game is borrrringgg.

Anyways I was up until 2AM playing it. I'm at work now (little after 8AM) so I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed. Having a lot of fun using the Professional class. I hated the bolt action sniper at first but now that I've gotten the hang of leading the shot it's a lot more fun. I actually managed to headshot a guy off of his motorcycle.
    Try the Saiga .308. Not very powerful but sick sick sick range. The PTR 90 (I know, it's really BF3's M417) is great at close ranges. A bug I found with it is the suppressor makes the bullets, umm yeah. Just don't use the suppressor. Twice now I've hit the gas tank on a motorcycle with the shot guns... safe to say it's hilarious they never notice and transcend from riding to orbiting the earth ^_^

Deleted
    Is it bad that when I saw commercials for this my first thought was: "oh great more battlefield DLC map packs with a slight spin"? Guess they are actually doing something remotely new, amazing!