Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Going To Need A Bigger Bag RNG

I'm trying to grind out this achievement for the last few weeks and have hit a brick wall as of late. I was wondering how other people's experiences have been with this achievement.

At the moment I only need 5 more items, and the RNG is just killing me. The ones I need are:

Spineclaw Crab (1,5% or so)- 27 kills

Now what really bothers me from these is the Gulp Froglet and Sunset Stone. I use the addon Rarity and it shows you the probability someone would have obtained an item based on kills and drop chance. For Gulp Froglet this is 95% and for Sunset Stone 81%. I guess RNG will be RNG forever, but still wanted to vent my frustration with these drop rates =\

And meanwhile, one of my best friends gets 15 of his 20 items (including the mount) within 3 days. I have to say, I was a bit jealous of his luck with drop rates :P

So how are other people doing with this achievement? More people with horrendous RNG??

Update:

Sunset Stone (3%) - 60+ kills and I finally got it
    Cursed Talisman (1%) - 68+ kills
    Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent (1%) - 149 kills
    Ashen Stone (1%) - 201 kills
    Gulp Froglet (3%) - 154 kills
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2014-09-19 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Updated stats

I only need Cursed Talisman, Ashen Stone and Captain Svesdan's lost leg. I have been farming for the Cursed Talisman for ~ 1 month 1/2 and on average i've killed him around 10 times or even more (i'm a bad person and i tell people to invite me to other realms for raids or arenas :P) per day. I've had days where i've killed him around 30+ to 50+ times by camping multiple servers from the evening all the way till 7-8 AM.

My goddamn luck huh?

I really don't want to know how it will be with the Ashen Stone... even though i've killed Watched Osu 20-30 times by now cuz let's say i spent a lot of time running all around the island (2k bloody coins achi ).

10+ Year Old Account
    im glad i got most of my progress when it became account wide but i also got some bad rng for the leg and cursed neck :<

Deleted
    achieved on 10/10/13

still read these threads and shudder irl.

save yourselves frm this achi - abandon it !

This is one of those achievements that just crosses the line for me, how far are you really willing to go for 10 points. Was it worth it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is one of those achievements that just crosses the line for me, how far are you really willing to go for 10 points. Was it worth it?
    When you have as much as achievements as I do, there isn't much easy stuff left to do. The choice is either Deepwind Gorge achievements, High ranked arena, RBGs or dailies (10k dailies). PvP is horrendous at the moment except for the occasional RBG if I can get in one. So it's either this or 2500 more dailies for me :P

Deleted
    I have only just started it, so a long way to go. To be honest I find the most frustrating part to be getting to the rares before they die. I am on a very high pop server so lots of competition for kills.

Btw don't miss midsummer OP or that will be another year for those two achievements!

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    When you have as much as achievements as I do, there isn't much easy stuff left to do. The choice is either Deepwind Gorge achievements, High ranked arena, RBGs or dailies (10k dailies). PvP is horrendous at the moment except for the occasional RBG if I can get in one. So it's either this or 2500 more dailies for me :P
    Yep that exactly... those goddamn dailies...

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of pointers on the TI achv. I am a pet battle fan, and do not usually have a ton of gold, so no way to afford AH prices for the the last few pets I need, and one was the the Spineclaw crab. So, I set out to grind for one. This one of any on the list can be the biggest pain in the ass to obtain, simply because of the extreme circumstances it takes to get one to spawn, and then be there for it. But, I dedicated a few days, to it, and got lucky. Here is what I did.

1. I am a frequent user of Warcraftpets.com, so I made a post there to try and find others looking for this guy for their collection. Not, a lot of luck, but I got a few.
    2. Find people on YOUR home realm looking for this pet. A lot of people hang out at Misty Strand near the Horde FP and mow down the 7 or so crabs there, trying to get one to spawn. Make friends with those people, and ask if you go to Croaking Hollow (the second densest location for them) and kill them there will they alert you if one pops, and you will do the same. I have 2 accounts, so I hop on my alli alt and whisper people telling them I am looking for the pet, and are they doing the same. If they are looking for the pet, and not just grinding the crabs for epoch stones, I ask the same, with the exception that I ask if I can add them via btag so we can whisper each other. (the only way to talk cross faction on your server)
    3. Ask your existing btag friends if they are looking for the pet drop, and if they are same faction, you can group each other to the realm that the monstrous spineclaw has spawned on, then kill/loot it and hop back to your own realm. This effectively double/triple/quadruples your chances at finding a spawn, and hence the pet.
    4. Be kind to others. Most people in decent gear can solo most of the rares on TI, and the monstrous is no exception. If you spot one, whisper any friends who are helping FIRST, so they can get to the location, THEN give a /1 broadcast that one is up and where. Then give it some time, and try and ask anyone around if they will wait until engaging.
    5. The biggest pain, is the locations of all the spawns of the Ancient Spineclaws. A lot are in deep water, making movement hard to get out of the claw AoE attack.
    6. I figure if you could make a group of 3 reliable people farming these on your server, and a few elsewhere, you can cover all the main locations they spawn fairly well. The hardest leg is the south coast between the alli FP and around the dock where Karkanos pops to Zequa's spawn. The good news is most people concentrate around the Misty Strand, so you can almost farm in peace at CH, and it definitely help to have more than one person killing at one time, and coordinating.

After all that, and since I was only looking for the spineclaw at the time, I got mine in under 15 kills, but RNG is RNG, a btag friend has 80+ kills with no drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I'd say farm harder.
    I'm missing 4 Items, my worst: 557 kills @ Cursed Talisman.

But I actually like it, finally some long grind.
    White Raptor was done in 8hours, MoP Dailies have been done within 2hours each day for 30days.
    Timeless Isle rep was done in a few days.
    Damn, that is some serious dedication! I hope it doesn't go that far for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have over 300 High Priest kills. And they are substantially harder than anything else in that island. I really would have rather gotten stuck on a different mob you know:*(
    At least high priests are sort of farmable. I did it with Chi-Jis Hope and as a warlock, which makes things easier of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    A couple of pointers on the TI achv. I am a pet battle fan, and do not usually have a ton of gold, so no way to afford AH prices for the the last few pets I need, and one was the the Spineclaw crab. So, I set out to grind for one. This one of any on the list can be the biggest pain in the ass to obtain, simply because of the extreme circumstances it takes to get one to spawn, and then be there for it. But, I dedicated a few days, to it, and got lucky. Here is what I did

-cut-

After all that, and since I was only looking for the spineclaw at the time, I got mine in under 15 kills, but RNG is RNG, a btag friend has 80+ kills with no drop.
    Yeah I basically grouped up with a friend, who is also going for this achievement. He usually kills crabs near alliance and horde bases, while I camp frogs/Osu spawn (because I need Bufo, Osu and Spelurk, which are all close to that location.

It's good to see that someone started a thread on this achievement. I was curious myself for quite a while already about how others are getting along with it.

I'm having a hard time getting Captain Zvezdan's Lost Leg atm, I haven't seen him spawn in months, while I'm using the TI AddOns as well. I guess I'm always logging on at the wrong moment.

Also having trouble with the easily-farm able Death Adder Hatchling. I've killed over a 1000 snakes, and dozens of the rare version, and yet it still has to drop.

just only need one more item, 337 Kills on crab and not a single pet drop. Yes i crossrealm alot and godamn it.. RNG is such a bitch.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2014-06-11 at 02:42 AM.

The RNG is really way over the top, hell rares like Spineclaw should be 100%. That one I think I'll be farming until I lay down and die.

After a LOT of time on the island (sometimes killing rares while dual boxing), I still need like 20 things. A lot of them are the pets. Sigh.

On the plus side I finally got the Spriteling and the mount from Huo a few days ago. Once I get Blackflame Daggers I can rule out half the island from my rare patrol. After like two weeks of nothing.

Oh and I also got a Big Bag of Herbs, which counted, but then after I opened it I somehow lost credit. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It should have something unique to reward us like maybe 45 slot bag unique or something instead of measly 10 points with horrible rng drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop grinding for it and just do what you would normally do on the isle, kill stuff you need to kill, eventually you might get it. RNG is R. When you are up in your 1000+ kills of everything, then you can start glaring at blizzard xD

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Those 5 you say. Like you are almost there.

Spineclaw Crab is more then 50% of the entire bag achievement. Takes as long to get as all the other together. GL.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Need 10 items to complete, half of those are stones.
    Been lucky and got all the pets. Hardest thing for me so far is the Huolon mount, 500 kills (seriously) mostly solos and no drop yet.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just think, if you hate the RNGeesus of this achievement, it's miniscule compared to the 144 rares you'll get to do in seven zones of Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent!

En. Freaking. Joy. I know I won't be.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Meanwhile, got the Huolon mount, Sunset Stone and Cursed Talisman. Still no luck with Gulp Froglet though =\ 97th percentile atm.

Need 6 things currently taking a break from it but I did get my rep to exalted and bought the mount finally
    Nixs