Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The RNG is really way over the top, hell rares like Spineclaw should be 100%. That one I think I'll be farming until I lay down and die.

After a LOT of time on the island (sometimes killing rares while dual boxing), I still need like 20 things. A lot of them are the pets. Sigh.

On the plus side I finally got the Spriteling and the mount from Huo a few days ago. Once I get Blackflame Daggers I can rule out half the island from my rare patrol. After like two weeks of nothing.

Oh and I also got a Big Bag of Herbs, which counted, but then after I opened it I somehow lost credit. Sigh.
    I really really hate this crab. It's the last one I need, been farming pretty much non-stop for two weeks, over 6000 ancient spineclaws killed, about 100 rare ones and still no drop. The rng for this crap on the isle was just stupid and the spineclaw in particular will only get worse when WoD hits because of even less crabs being killed on low pop realms.

Deleted
    105 Garnia kills here, 98.79% probability for the pet to drop. 174 Huolon kills, 80%+ probability for the mount to drop.

Yeah, RNG is RNG =/

I would love to gamble those monkey chests if they have put those items in there from going to need a bigger bag achievement. Yeah it's probably be swarm by many players. Hey, it's just an idea there. Doubt it's going to happen though. We could probably use our timeless coins to spend maybe a flask for increase drop rate from rare by 10 or 25% persist thru death on timeless isle or make another similar families drop by by lower drop rate than rare itself? I mean.. the achievement itself is measly fucking 10 points and has no rewards? Sure it gives us items but some of them are charges and longer cd.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2014-06-16 at 08:08 AM.

I worked on the achievement for a month before giving up and deciding to just get the Spineclaw pet and calling it a success.

Then I worked on getting the pet for two months before I just bought it for 40k gold and swore off that blasted piece of 'content'. I go there only for Ordos and the Celestial Tournament. I tried taking my Lock there to get upgrades, but after almost killing a turtle I was already feeling bored out of my mind and decided not to progress him.

TL;DR You could have read this millions of times in the time it takes to get the Spineclaw pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Just think, if you hate the RNGeesus of this achievement, it's miniscule compared to the 144 rares you'll get to do in seven zones of Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent!

En. Freaking. Joy. I know I won't be.
    The achievements there are just to kill the rares, aren't they? That's relatively easy. It's getting rare drops from rare spawns that you'll rarely be near that's difficult.

I've been stuck with the same 3. It's funny that I spent so much time on Twitter crusading for this achievement to be account wide and now I can't even be bothered to go to the isle half the time.

Strange question, but how can you tell how many times you've killed a mob? I am seeing concrete numbers mentioned more times than I would think is just guesswork...

As for the achievement itself, I've got usual ones left to go. Finally got the mount, but still farming Flintlord, High Priests, Spelurk, the pirate event, Zen'que or whatever, and both the Imperial Viper and Crap pets.

Which addons are generally used for doing so?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rarity

Supports nearly every mount and pet drop in the game.
    It is very easy to add other items like all the stuff for this achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rarity

Supports nearly every mount and pet drop in the game.
    It is very easy to add other items like all the stuff for this achievement.
    Yes, I'm using that addon. It's great for tracking anything you want. You just need the item ID and the NPC/item ID of the mob/container it's from.

i hat ethis achievement sooo much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Just think, if you hate the RNGeesus of this achievement, it's miniscule compared to the 144 rares you'll get to do in seven zones of Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent!

En. Freaking. Joy. I know I won't be.
    Many of those "rares" aren't rares, but rather elites that drop a specific piece of loot on the first kill, and then are no longer rares.

The rares are also much more spread out over a significantly larger area, so on lower pop realms, they will remain up for much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Righto, I'll give Rarity a try. Thanks for the advise on tracker addons!

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost 50% done, missing Ash-Covered Horn, Cauterizing Core, Blizzard Stone, Swarmling of Gu'chi, Gulp Froglet, Glinting Pile of Stone.......... and Spineclaw Crab.

Deleted
    Missing like 20 of them, but i feel an achie like this should reward the player with some cool stuff like title or mount, without saying that 10 points are like nothing compared with other achievements...

Gotten the Cursed Talisman from Spelurk and Flintlord's Trinket now. Just need the items from Rattleskew, Watcher Osu and Zesque now. And then I can farm the crabs adders and High Priests of Ordons for the final items I need.

I suppose it's one way to keep us busy until WoD, but the droprate on these things is criminally low xD.

Deleted
    got hooked on this achievement recently so I'm camping Timeless Isle trying to kill as many rares as possible but so far none of the rare items droped for me. Not bothering with non-rare mobs at the moment, but I'm aware that's something I'll have to do sooner or later. Are Molten Guardians and Eternal Kilnmasters soloable and with which classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    got hooked on this achievement recently so I'm camping Timeless Isle trying to kill as many rares as possible but so far none of the rare items droped for me. Not bothering with non-rare mobs at the moment, but I'm aware that's something I'll have to do sooner or later. Are Molten Guardians and Eternal Kilnmasters soloable and with which classes?
    Dead easy to solo with a lock.
    Also Huolon, Flintlord Gairan and Cinderfall are all a joke with voidy tanking.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saixmoondancer View Post
    Missing like 20 of them, but i feel an achie like this should reward the player with some cool stuff like title or mount, without saying that 10 points are like nothing compared with other achievements...
    agreed...changing your hairstyle and this abomination have the same reward, 10 achi points sick

I'M FREE! OH THANK GOD FREE AT LAST! *throws rarecoordinator out the window*

Deleted
    I still don't have the mount, I think I have about 100 kills under my belt on various toons

While one of my guildies got 5 in one day <.<