Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    got hooked on this achievement recently so I'm camping Timeless Isle trying to kill as many rares as possible but so far none of the rare items droped for me. Not bothering with non-rare mobs at the moment, but I'm aware that's something I'll have to do sooner or later. Are Molten Guardians and Eternal Kilnmasters soloable and with which classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    got hooked on this achievement recently so I'm camping Timeless Isle trying to kill as many rares as possible but so far none of the rare items droped for me. Not bothering with non-rare mobs at the moment, but I'm aware that's something I'll have to do sooner or later. Are Molten Guardians and Eternal Kilnmasters soloable and with which classes?
    Dead easy to solo with a lock.
    Also Huolon, Flintlord Gairan and Cinderfall are all a joke with voidy tanking.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

...one of the achievements where I look at the requirements and go "Meh..that is 10 points not worth my time"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by saixmoondancer View Post
    Missing like 20 of them, but i feel an achie like this should reward the player with some cool stuff like title or mount, without saying that 10 points are like nothing compared with other achievements...
    agreed...changing your hairstyle and this abomination have the same reward, 10 achi points sick
    why am i here
    warrior

I'M FREE! OH THANK GOD FREE AT LAST! *throws rarecoordinator out the window*

I still don't have the mount, I think I have about 100 kills under my belt on various toons

While one of my guildies got 5 in one day <.<

Stood in the Fire
    I'm with Det on this one, just not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    Dead easy to solo with a lock.
    Also Huolon, Flintlord Gairan and Cinderfall are all a joke with voidy tanking.
    Thanks. I don't have a lock so hunter will have to do. Actually just Eternal Kilnmasters are problem. Managed to get Molten Guardians on farm with hunter and feral druid. Also killing Cliffdwellers easily but it's so boring, they take ages to die.

EDIT: Made slight progress got a pet from Bufo and pet from Forebodding Flames. Just about 15 items to go...
    EDIT 2: Got the Elixir from Archiereus. I read somewhere that a pet from Monstrous Spineclaw is as hard to get as the rest of the items together, so now I'm devoting 2 hours each day to farming Spineclaws trying to spawn a rare
    Last edited by Azurae; 2014-07-19 at 09:11 PM.

RNG is so darn low...haven't gotten an item in months.Still missing 4

Hmm, I wonder if everyone who has silly amounts of kills has forgotten about the (hidden) daily tracking quests?
    Last edited by Staticus; 2014-07-07 at 08:13 PM.

Its funny when people say its 10points so not worth it. Let me tell you 10 points is different when you have 0 and when you have 21800.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if everyone who has silly amounts of kills has forgotten about the (hidden) daily tracking quests?
    Other than the Sprite Crystal, what else is there?

after spending some more time on this achievement, I have to say that for me worst part of it is Jadefire Spirit. It drops 2 (TWO!) items and has a very iregular spawn timer ranging from 30 minutes to more than 2 hours! Other rares like Zesqua, Jakur and Huolon at least respawn more regularly and Monstrous Spineclaw can be forced to spawn...

This is a joke compared to 5k pvp pet battle wins. If you want to really hate this game do both at the same time camp rares and queue for lvl 25 pet battles.
    Last edited by rhandal; 2014-08-02 at 01:08 PM.

250+ kills combined on Rares, seen 2 of the non-100% items drop. Such a great achievement and very well done drop/kill ratio....../sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Its funny when people say its 10points so not worth it. Let me tell you 10 points is different when you have 0 and when you have 21800.
    Add reward: 40 slot bag unique. NOW that would be awesomeness to get. 10 points with sheer rng i stopped at least 400+ kills on each rare and gave up. Such retarded droprate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    This is a joke compared to 5k pvp pet battle wins. If you want to really hate this game do both at the same time camp rares and queue for lvl 25 pet battles.
    5k pvp pet battle wins is easily done by win trading or a friend helping you out. NO FUCKING PROBLEM.

I'm currently down to the Spineclaw Crab, Warning Sign, and Cursed Talisman. The crab farming will be the end of my sanity

For those farming High Priests but find it hard to kill solo, you can kite the one at the back of Three-Breeze Terrace into the water and use your Cursed Swabby Helmet. Molten Giants can't move in water and dodging the conal fire attack is so much easier in water. Also, if your server is populated you can tag the other High Priest in the front of the Terrace and just focus on staying alive while others dps it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    If you're implying you can only get the rare drops from your first kill of the day, this is incorrect. I've gotten a lot of the rare items from continuously farming the mobs on the same day.

Got the achievement about 2months, but I have to refarm some items for the WoD Toy Box .__________________________________.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Do you guys know if the Spineclaw bug is still active?

When Timeless Isle was fairly new (1-2 week), I joined a group of 40 players that were farming Spineclaw in the beach and any one who could manage to get their hands on the pet, they'd not learn it straight away and trade people the pet. After receiving the pet, we could relog and get the credit on the achievement and could give the pet back to the person who gave us.

After this, I bought the pet on the Auction House for 1,000g and wanted to say this if it is still active and people can use it.
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Do you guys know if the Spineclaw bug is still active?

When Timeless Isle was fairly new (1-2 week), I joined a group of 40 players that were farming Spineclaw in the beach and any one who could manage to get their hands on the pet, they'd not learn it straight away and trade people the pet. After receiving the pet, we could relog and get the credit on the achievement and could give the pet back to the person who gave us.

After this, I bought the pet on the Auction House for 1,000g and wanted to say this if it is still active and people can use it.
    No idea, but I've been lucky enough to sell two on the ah to ppl who didn't realise you have to actually loot the pet for it to count towards the achieve, not just learn it. And for a LOT more than 1k.
    Last edited by Hatredsheart; 2014-08-06 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.