Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW's most pressing need

Now that we've seen an overhaul of almost every aspect of the game from questing to player models, what is the next big thing for Blizz to fix and/or update?

My #1?

1) Professions - seem ancient now and one of the least appealing things in the game. It's the one thing that almost every single MMORPG does better than WoW. Wildstar does it better. ESO does it better. Many other MMOs do it better. The recipes change, but the systems professions are built on are outdated and not fun in the slightest.
    == First aid has had no use since AQ20
    ==Fishing is a rudimentary timing game without any sort of interactivity other than a single click. Despite being 11 years old, Dark Cloud 2 did a better job on fishing.
    ==gathering professions - no interactivity. Most involve flying to a spot, right clicking and flying away. LW requires killing first before being just a right click.
    ==production professions - no interactivity, no random chance, no reward other than random new recipes the first couple of weeks. Few if any ways to tweak/change stats or proc a better item.

What are your thoughts?

It's still right now a better system than 90% of all the other profession systems in RPGs.

I think the garrisons are probably going to help make professions more interesting. Will make professions kind of like a real time strategy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Alterac Valley
    what would you do with AV?

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    what would you do with AV?
    Change is so that the Horde could actually have a chance of winning once in a while.

Fix it so Tauren can fit through doors.

Most pressing need? WoD to come out

10+ Year Old Account
    OP fishing is meant to be like that, so are gathering professions. They're both meant to be boring lack interactivity. That's the very essence of gathering. Although I'm with you on first aid and kinda on other professions. I feel like my Alchemy is useless except for flasks.

My #1 thing they need to fix? Levelling speed.

Imo heirlooms were a step in the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy them, have a few sets and have used them. But levels need to take longer. This will put less focus on people having alts and also will have less people at max level. For Blizz that means less stress on getting more end game content out quicker and also they need less of it. Also for the player they will have less characters to try and balance. Readers, how many toons do you have (rhetorical question) ? I have 6 90s to juggle. If levelling was slower I'd probably have my main for pve and my rogue for pvp and the rest spread out between levels 1 and 90. I don't think having one level 90 means you should be able to level others quicker. Although I'm split on the faster rep. on alts (which is a similar theory).

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Change is so that the Horde could actually have a chance of winning once in a while.
    Yeah I think AV is unfair for you, as is IoC, but we have Silvershard Mines and a lack of teamwork. It all evens out : )

I say make the game more alt friendly. Secondary professions, achievements (all of them), legendary items, and garrisons account wide. Some bonus stuff is like to see is legendaries displayed in garrisons with lore behind them. Characters logged out in garrisons will be seen hanging out by other alts. Titles for numerous max leveled characters (baron, duke, lord, reagent, reagent lord, mayor, governor and king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I say make the game more alt friendly. Secondary professions, achievements (all of them), legendary items, and garrisons account wide. Some bonus stuff is like to see is legendaries displayed in garrisons with lore behind them. Characters logged out in garrisons will be seen hanging out by other alts. Titles for numerous max leveled characters (baron, duke, lord, reagent, reagent lord, mayor, governor and king.
    I can see you have 22 level 90s. Don't you find it a stretch to play them all sufficiently? Also for Blizzard that means you'll be spending a lot of time at max level meaning they need to dish out more content for you while you've most likely skipped at least 50% of the levelling content which is already made.

However that's not really your point. I'm still unsure about sharing stuff over different characters. I like sharing mounts and titles, and garrisons sure, maybe even a bank, but not professions. There needs to be a balance between convenience and being a jack-of-all-trades.

Production, exploration, and interaction.

I agree it's the most outdated part of the game, but it's not really a huge need. That's why professions are so neglected.

The only way to do that is to force Horde players to play AV. No blacklists.

IoC is worse than AV though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I also have 22 toons but disagree. Having different professions on each one is part of what makes them distinct - would be happy if I could access toon A's professions from toon B though. I wouldn't mind more cute stuff for the garrison like you said, or extra achieves, but I don't want the garrison to be account wide. Customising it differently for each alt is also a point of distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's still right now a better system than 90% of all the other profession systems in RPGs.
    LOL...

most of the games that make it to release that i've seen use basically identical system overall and the few that I've noticed that did thing different were actually better at the profession idea.

id say remove teh restriction of only 2 professions per char. let us get all of them if we want to. It will let us have something more to do and it will also be a character progression due to the perks wich is great. atm the only character progression there is are raiding and the legendary Qline.. id love to have more ways of improving my character.

Light pink hair for goblins

10+ Year Old Account
    Making reputations and secondary professions account-wide. Nobody wants to re-grind exalted on every toon just so they can get the profession patterns and absolutely, nobody wants to re-grind First Aid or especially; Fishing, to 600 on every character.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Yeah, I'll agree with those posting about rep grinding being account-wide.

Of course, that's probably my favorite potential game-mechanic change. There's way more lore/character dev stuff I would change first.

Quote Originally Posted by Athey View Post
    Light pink hair for goblins
    YES. This is definitely required.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

well if the horde would listen and do the strategy that gives them a 100% win every time then they would. but they dont so whatever.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor