Deleted

Installing windows 8.1 from Ubuntu

Today I decided to reinstall my computer with windows 8.1. I made a bootable USB, rebooted my PC and proceeded to format my drive in preparation for my new OS. What I hadn\t anticipated was that my bootable USB had decided to fuck me over and give me an installation error. So here I am, with an unbootable USB and no windows OS on my PC to correct it from. However, I do have ubuntu on a flashdrive and have installed that as placeholder OS until I sort this shit out, which leads me to my question. Is it possible to install windows 8.1 directly from my harddrive running Ubuntu (questionmark/ I can\t do questionmarks on ubuntu for some reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Is it possible to install windows 8.1 directly from my harddrive running Ubuntu (questionmark/ I can\t do questionmarks on ubuntu for some reason).
    no,

but you can get a new ISO, check the hash, burn it to a dvd, the attempt to install again

You can also probably remake the bootable USB from ubuntu.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)