Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Rainbow Six: Siege

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/ub...bow-six-siege/

Gave me a massive boner.

its been to fucking long, and this looks amazing.

Mod Note: Edited the title so it makes more sense for people when browsing the forum rather than RB6
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-06-10 at 03:25 AM.

Glad to hear that after so long of absence, that a sequel is finally happening!

However, if the game's content turns out to be unmoddable and all of it will be provided by Ubisoft, this game's popularity is gonna die very quickly. The novelty of playing SWAT vs Criminals on a single map with only so much variety would kill the game.

Was that the one where they broke into the house to save that girl hostage? And, miraculously for a good trailer, the rescue team started losing people?

The guy recording had like the worst fucking aim iv ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The guy recording had like the worst fucking aim iv ever seen.

it was on purpose, was a scripted match from what i can tell, thats why the Roleplayed through it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Glad to hear that after so long of absence, that a sequel is finally happening!

However, if the game's content turns out to be unmoddable and all of it will be provided by Ubisoft, this game's popularity is gonna die very quickly. The novelty of playing SWAT vs Criminals on a single map with only so much variety would kill the game.
    why do you say single map? i didn't see much at E3 only caught the end of the gameplay video, theres going to be different game modes rgiht? campaign, hostage rescue, terrorist hunt etc, right??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/ub...bow-six-siege/

Gave me a massive boner.

its been to fucking long, and this looks amazing.

Mod Note: Edited the title so it makes more sense for people when browsing the forum rather than RB6
    Yeah, it looks great. I have never been into a Rainbow game before, so if this turns out to be any good after launch I will definitely be picking it up.

Will be so much fun to play in coop.

Looks decent, but I'd love to see them make a game that went back to the roots of R6.

does anyone miss having the rainbow six games with the "mission plan" aspect to it... or have I just missed it since I loved it to bits in one of the originals?

You could gives your guys paths, sync points (where they'd wait for another action to finish before continuing with theirs) have radio queues etc etc. Don't think I've seen it since or I've REALLY not been paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i was just looking at this as I saw pre-order gets you into the closed beta, but really $74.99 Canadian??? I can't be the only one who finds that price tag a little high.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Want...right...now.

I hope the explosives really work as advertised. Blowing away walls and floors adds so much variety to potential tactics.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be a locked-down CoD/BF clone where you're given a false sense of being tactical while the rest of your team runs around like idiots.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    This is going to be a locked-down CoD/BF clone where you're given a false sense of being tactical while the rest of your team runs around like idiots.
    Just because your teammates suck doesn't mean tactical play is impossible. Games such as Siege are pretty much made with coordinated groups in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    From what I saw on streams, it's like CS:GO in the competitive mode.

You have a hostage you have to rescue in a map with multiple spawn locations your team can choose. The enemy team(who guards the hostage) can also choose multiple spawn locations where the hostage will be located.

At the start of a round, the Rescuers will get mini robots that can run around the map and the objective is to hopefully find the hostage location in ~30 seconds. The Defenders can kill these robots to avoid the Rescuers from finding the Hostage location(since it can be in different locations), if they fail to find the location of the Hostage, it's obviously a tactical disadvantage for the actual round when you don't know where your objective is, but enemies can be everywhere.

After the 30 second pre-round, you have 3 Minutes to find and rescue the hostage, or you can just kill all the enemies(applies for both sides).

The game has multiple tools to help you advance/defend in a map, including barricades you can build on doors, metal slates you can build on walls(since walls can be destroyed and shot through).

If you like tactical games where you can team up with friends(like in CS:GO), you will like this game.

Going to suck playing with randoms but fun as hell with friends i guess.

Any rumors, hints or plans for Ubi to make teams bigger than 5v5? is siege the only game mode type or will they have FFA and TDM?

I started out in MP playing all the Tom Clancy shooters when they first came out. Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon+Desert Siege+Island Thunder. I forget what team sizes we ran on our clans GR servers but it was pretty big. I dont like Arena like setups or small 5v5 or 3v3 teams. I prefer bigger teams like 10v10 or 16v16...maaaaybe 8v8 depending on maps and gametype.

5v5 is the competitive mode. I bet it will be like CS:GO where you have TDM servers and so on if you just want to practice shooting.

This is the first stage of the alpha testing, and the competitive mode testing is way more important than "fun" modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So closed beta started the other day and it has Competitive mode (PvP) And Terrorist Hunt Classic. Been having a huge blast playing terrorist hunt myself and trying out the various operators. Anyone have this on PS4 and want to play sometime? Or hell I'd even take a spare PS4 code so my buddy can play until he gets paid lol.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I expected more from this game. Its really not that great. The beta left me bored very quickly. On paper the idea is nice, but in practice its just CS:GO match with instangib turned on. So they made a call of duty with counter strike objectives. I had more fun running on walls and blowing people up with a bow in black ops 3 beta, which is saying alot, because i dont even plan on buying bo3. Im hoping battlefront beta is better then this, because rainbow 6 siege beta is depressingly unimpressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame, only been playing Hard/Realistic Terrorist Hunter with friends myself, but have been having a blast so I can't complain. Kinda wish there was at least one more map though.