Deleted

Multistrike Attunement

Last patch introduced stats attunements. Most of spec get attunements with a "classical" secondary specs (crit, hast, mastery), but some of them get attuned (is this correct ?) with multistrike (MS) : blood an UH DK, survival hunt, frost mage, MW and VW monk, holy priest, sub rogue, elemental shaman.
    As far as the alpha is, the only way to have MS is either raid buff, or gear. But MS as a stat on gear is a completly random stat, with no garanty at all to get some.

I'm a aware that attunement will only have a minor impact on total dps, but am I missing something or will MS attunement can potentially be completly useless if you are enable to get MS loots ?

why wouldnt you get MS gear? its a stat like crit/haste, so its on the common item and not random Oo

Multistrike will be on gear as much as crit, haste and mastery.

i'am not sure about the others, but sub rogue damage is spikey, so MS fits in quite well to boost its strengths and make its hits count many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by rahotep View Post
    Last patch introduced stats attunements. Most of spec get attunements with a "classical" secondary specs (crit, hast, mastery), but some of them get attuned (is this correct ?) with multistrike (MS) : blood an UH DK, survival hunt, frost mage, MW and VW monk, holy priest, sub rogue, elemental shaman.
    As far as the alpha is, the only way to have MS is either raid buff, or gear. But MS as a stat on gear is a completly random stat, with no garanty at all to get some.

I'm a aware that attunement will only have a minor impact on total dps, but am I missing something or will MS attunement can potentially be completly useless if you are enable to get MS loots ?
    Go read up on the stat changes in WoD. You missed some. The random stats are Leech, Indestructible, Avoidance and Movement Speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rahotep View Post
    Multistrike is a stat that will appear on gear the same way that haste, mastery or crit do. It is a secondary stat. It is not a rare tertiary stat. Gear in WoD will have multistrike on their gear in the same vein as gear in MoP and before have had crit, haste and mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw outside tanks, have we seen specific interactions with multistrike for other specs?
    Enhancement shaman's Unleashed Fury gives a multistrike increase.

Aside from leveling 1-90, where 5% buffs/debuffs aren't a big deal, multistrike will be itemized just like haste/crit/mastery. And that's assuming they don't end up replacing hit on gear with multistrike, which isn't implausible considering that hit will be a completely moot stat.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Go read up on the stat changes in WoD. You missed some. The random stats are Leech, Indestructible, Avoidance and Movement Speed.
    so far it's just "New secondary stats: Bonus Armor, Multistrike, and Readiness"

Readiness is gone. Versatility is in its place. "Increases your damage by X% and increases your healing by (X/2)%". The secondary attunements are telling you what secondary you should want because your abilities will scale the best off of it. There will be tons of gear you can choose from now compared to live, since there is no more healer/tank/DPS armor pieces. A piece of plate gear will be useful to all warriors, dks, and paladins regardless of their spec/role. A piece of leather gear will be useful to all rogues and druids, regardless of spec/role. You will likely have 5+ choices of gear plus tier for each gear slot and one of them will likely have your favored secondary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Subetei View Post
    so far it's just "New secondary stats: Bonus Armor, Multistrike, and Readiness"
    Then you also have some reading to do. The last Watercooler would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Readiness is gone. Versatility is in its place. "Increases your damage by X% and increases your healing by (X/2)%".
    Nearly. Increases your damage by X%, increases your healing by X%, reduces your damage taken by X/2%.

My guess is they'll replace a lot of the hit and expertiese on gear with multistrike and versatility in 6.0, that way players can get a taste of the new stats if they are attuned for them, and they have to get rid of hit/exp with something anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Only we already have all of the SoO gear converted in the beta and there is no multistrike or versatility in it
    Could not be finalized yet as they're still iterating on stats. But we'll see. It would suck for those with MS attunements if they don't get any besides their own base bonuses like frost mages and ice armor, but it won't be the end of the world I guess if some specs have to go without it for a few weeks between 6.0 and the expansion going live. Those are always wonky for balance anyway, anyone remember arcane mages and ret paladins just before Wrath launched?

SOO gear conversion not having certain stats might only mean they are presently testing the stats they did put in without interference from the others.

they'll most likely test in another build or not in SoO.