Question about lightning.

So we had a lightning storm recently and something around my house got hit i saw a spark in my room but couldnt find anything broken just smoke.
    But recently went to put my headset on and now they BARELY work. As in cant hear anything just a pulsing noise. Question is, is it possible for lightning to hit go through my laptop thats plugged into the wall into the headset plugged into my laptop with out any damage to the laptop? O.o Or am i just paranoid.

And no i have never dropped my headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried any other audio devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

if I'm not completely wrong, any "spike" that the computer receives can go anywhere or to anything connected to it.

Deleted
    Lightning can hit the power lines or a transformer and cause a surge in the grid, which can easily fry your electronics. Your laptop might have sufficient surge protection for it to fry your headphones instead of touching the laptop. Also, electricity is a fun thing. A human being can be hit by lightning and be perfectly fine. I'm sure a laptop can be, as well.

If something wasn't grounded, it's possible the static shocked your headset, it's the same way computers can be hit by power surges if not plugged into a surge protector and messing them up.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I have tried the headphones and other pcs and laptops. They did not work. Plugged other headphones into my laptop. They worked. And so far everything on laptop works. Im so confused =\
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Depends on how your home was hit. If for example the lightning rod of your home is next to your room the ridiculous high current of a lightning can fry some electronics with induction alone, not to mention cause voltage spikes in your power lines which may kill plugged in devices if you don't have proper savety devices like surge protectors.

Your headphones seem broken then, get new ones .

Yes, it is entirely possible for this to happen. It doesn't even take much of a surge to render headphones useless, as speakers rely on magnets. If anything happens to screw with the magnetic properties in the speakers, it turns them into an awkward paper weight. Kids nowadays are not taught this I assume, but back before cell phones, one of the lessons many parents taught their kids is to never use a land line phone during a thunderstorm, a bad strike can shoot electricity through the phone lines directly into your ear.

Look at it this way, your headphones being plugged in may have saved your laptop though, gave the electricity somewhere to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    Yes, it is entirely possible for this to happen. It doesn't even take much of a surge to render headphones useless, as speakers rely on magnets. If anything happens to screw with the magnetic properties in the speakers, it turns them into an awkward paper weight. Kids nowadays are not taught this I assume, but back before cell phones, one of the lessons many parents taught their kids is to never use a land line phone during a thunderstorm, a bad strike can shoot electricity through the phone lines directly into your ear.

Look at it this way, your headphones being plugged in may have saved your laptop though, gave the electricity somewhere to go.
    Icon is way to relevant.... haha. But thank you for the info guess I will have to go buy a new headset.... again :/