Deleted

Herald of titans shadow priest reforge and gems question

So i have geared my shadow priest for herald of titans and the link i used is broken. What gems for yellow, red and blue should i use?, and how should i reforge the stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Links aren't broken, you're just not allowed to post them until you've made (10?) posts.

I am currently trying to gear a hunter for Herald, and if your socket bonuses are anything like mine I would probably just stack Intellect. I think you would need a +20 Int/+40 secondary to make it worth matching sockets.

Mastery is OP at 80, though I'm guessing it will still be worth reaching some sort of haste breakpoint if you can. Here's the thread on breakpoints @H2P: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4401.

Edit: ignore the raw #s, but if you can get yourself to 25% haste > mastery > crit that's probably the way to go
    Last edited by Zych; 2014-06-10 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Don't know the stat weights, if SimC works with lvl 80 I would suggest to sim it to find your stat weights.

I have done this fight multiple times to help out friends so let me share you my findings.

What I always did was made sure I had 2 viable specs. The other spec was Shadow. I like crit as Disc because of the way it works with overhealing, generating capped DAs with only 18% mastery (the default). Crit will simply generate more capped DAs, so I ended up doing Herald with a lot of crit, and the other healers ended up only overhealing while we lacked damage so I went Shadow instead (my gemming was red -> int, blue -> int + spi or pure int since no need for spirit, yellow -> int + crit. Forge all spirit to crit. The first time I did Herald in MoP was with a Mastery set + the old Spirit Shell and old guaranteed DA.

Are you on add duty? If not, convince the RL you should be. There is 1 rDPS going to be on add duty. Shadow is without any doubt the best for this. Not only can they multidot and burst the one they want to kill, they can also remove dots when things get tense, allowing full control and responsibility on the task. Embrace is just a glace icing, benefiting from multidot here with you knowing exactly when its needed. Although I found dots really weak at this level I also went with a Disc gearset. If you're on add duty, use ToF. If not, use DI (MB hits like a truck), and you can SWP the adds, it won't tick for much. This may be related to me not having any amount of haste, hence my dots didn't have many ticks. Your main damage will come from your big bursts which you pump into the boss.

As a final piece of advice you can easily soak first big bang with Dispersion. The glyph will not cut it though, as it is only 15 sec not 45 sec like it used to be. The good news is other classes can soak as well such as Mage with Greater Invisibility. One person can also sacrifice themselves. The goal is to kill the boss; not for all to survive without death.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2014-06-11 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    Good enough? or did i miss something? :O really appriciate the help.
    character name is Evulcutie, shattered hand eu. can't post the link thou

I did Herald about a week ago, and was honestly disappointed in how easy it was. Boss died in under a minute, no strategy was really all that necessary, and it almost felt as if the gems and reforges I did were not even necessary.

This is NOT to say you shouldn't gem/reforge your gear. Obviously be prepared, but don't kill yourself over min/max theorycrafting for Herald. It's a joke at this point.

If I had known how easy it was going to be, I would have just boosted a hunter and ignored Herald altogether. The title just feels underwhelming now.

TLDR - Prepare, but don't kill yourself over min/max. Boss will die in less than a minute, and you'll be left wondering why you worked so hard.

Deleted
    haha aye well then it might be good enough then i began gearing it with guild a few months ago but then it disbanned and the character has just been gathering dust. Feels like i want it over and done with and then lvl it to 90. Not had to put in really that much effort since ive been lucky with the loots. Still want the char to be okayish with the gear, gems, reforges and so on. Ive heard others say how easy the encounter is. It's just my principles of being prepared and so on xD

Quote Originally Posted by Evulcutie View Post
    haha aye well then it might be good enough then i began gearing it with guild a few months ago but then it disbanned and the character has just been gathering dust. Feels like i want it over and done with and then lvl it to 90. Not had to put in really that much effort since ive been lucky with the loots. Still want the char to be okayish with the gear, gems, reforges and so on. Ive heard others say how easy the encounter is. It's just my principles of being prepared and so on xD
    Oh definitely be prepared. I'm just saying, don't kill yourself over it min/maxing like it's world first stuff haha. It was very anticlimactic for me to be honest. I expected at least a bit of a challenge.

I think it hit 80, ran ulduar up to the last boss, naxx, eye, and then some icc dungeons and did Herald the next day. Did it the next day at 219 ilvl, I think most of the group was around 210-213.

Get your gear, sign up on openraid and you're good to go. Then you have the most boring leveling ahead of you haha =P

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, it doesn't matter. Go for mastery, mastery scaling is very, very cheap at lvl 80.

But yea, with all the changes made to classes over time, and Algalon nerfs over time, its laughably easy. Just get reg gear, slap in whatever gear is good, go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    I did Herald about a week ago, and was honestly disappointed in how easy it was. Boss died in under a minute, no strategy was really all that necessary, and it almost felt as if the gems and reforges I did were not even necessary.
    You didn't even get a big bang? Not sure what to say, I've done this boss multiple times. Didn't find it difficult, carried some people too, but I never been in a group which not even got a big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You didn't even get a big bang? Not sure what to say, I've done this boss multiple times. Didn't find it difficult, carried some people too, but I never been in a group which not even got a big bang.
    I was pretty drunk when I did it, so it's still a little fuzzy, but no, we never had to switch realms for big bang.