View Poll Results: Are you currently "afraid" of the dark?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • I think deep down I am

31 27.43%
  • I don't believe I am

82 72.57%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can't say I am afraid of the dark, but I'm honestly afraid of the dark murkiness of the deep sea - what's hidden beneath unseen...

/shudders

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, I like the dark.

Though there is a time somewhere around 2am-4am called the Hour of the Wolf. If you wake up then you'll find yourself filled with irrational fear for no reason.
    If that happens to me, which is rarely, it means I have to go piss.

Some people are irrational about darkness. Like they can not sleep without a nightlight. Not speaking about having a small nightlight to see if you need to get up at night, but the fear of the darkness. I do not like walking in the dark because of a natural dislike for not being able to see where I am going or anything which may be out in the darkness I am not aware of. Tripping hazards do exist. And living out in the country where I do, we do have some large critters. Like the lion like creature reported to be seen by some and was even captured on video.:P

My favorite time of the night has to be during a full moon. There is one time in the year, when we have the "harvest moon". It is a time of the moon when it is closer to the earth than normal and the light it puts out was good enough for the farmers to work in to get their work done late in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Uh, sure, I guess?
    Thanks pal. I knew I could count on you.

I am actually sometimes randomly afraid when I see too much while in bed.
    When it's very dark but I still see certain walls due to light outside then I very rarely feel spiders are walking there and sometimes I even believe I see them.

In total darkness in my bed I sleep like a darn log though xD

Concerning darkness outside, I notice I am a bit more alert of things happening around me. Not really afraid in a way that I want to escape but I do pay more attention to my surroundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the night.

Frogsong, shadows and humid tropical nights, are my ideal environment.

The dark, is where irl adventure happens. It's where you see the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I love the night.

Frogsong, shadows and humid tropical nights, are my ideal environment.

The dark, is where irl adventure happens. It's where you see the real world.
    How can you see... That which you cannot see...

I know I was for a prety long time. Untill I was like 10 I always slept with my head under the covers because I was afraid of the dark. But now I don't really care, I'd probably shit my pants if I had to walk through a forest on my own in the middle of the night though. Aside from that I don't think I really fear the dark.

No, I'm actually quite comfortable in the dark. Obviously it wouldn't be good in a dangerous situation, but in general I find it's rather soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Not really no, but then I havent been in a place where that could endanger me. However its probably true for everyone that your mind races a little when you stare into nothing.
    One time I was going through a giant "haunted house" where you couldn't see shit, and I'll admit I was quite spooked.
    I'm waiting for my ruca

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of the time I love and even thrive in the dark. If I could, I would make daytime the sleeping time for humanity and live/work at night.

Then again, possibly part of what I like about night is the solitude and lack of people on the roads, so that might ruin it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'm not really scared of the dark, I have decent night vision. I think it's because I have blue eyes? I remember reading that people with blue eyes can see at night easier. I do love looking at the stars at night. However I hate when it is so dark (like in my room) that I can't see anything.

Things unseen is a scarier subject to me, like ocean creatures or things hiding in the dark lol.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-06-10 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I'm not really scared of the dark, I have decent night vision. I think it's because I have blue eyes? I remember reading that people with blue eyes can see at night easier. I do love looking at the stars at night. However I hate when it is so dark (like in my room) that I can't see anything.
    Do you piss in a litter box and eat wet food too?
    I'm waiting for my ruca

No not really. I'm not a very day person anyways. Nothing edgy or anything. I'm just more comfortable at night. May it be just running in the dark, or the neon clubs at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    ... whenever I have to go outside my house in the pitch of night, but I still tend to hurry myself and even seem to sprint back as soon as my business is done. I'm not ashamed, because like I said, I think it's a natural instinct.

Not since I was 6. Grow a set and stop "sprinting" around your neighborhood at night unless you're being chased, you probably look like a freak.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what might be in it.

on the contrary, I can't sleep unless it is PITCH BLACK. If there is an ounce of light penetrating the room I can't sleep. I love taking strolls outside in the dark past midnight or in the early hours of the morning. Probably the only time I would be uncomfortable in the dark is if I werein a region where there are actual predators like wolves or bears that come out in the dark. Aside from that, I find it very peaceful.

Deleted
    No, it is not the dark that makes me uneasy, it is what could reside in it that my human eyes can't see.