10+ Year Old Account

Unable to tab out of the game

My game is set to Windowed (Fullscreen). Every time I load the game, I am unable to tab out... When I tab, I can see the start bar, but nothing happens when I select another window. The only way to fix it is to switch to Windowed mode, then switch back to Windowed (Fullscreen) mode.

This is a recent issue and I have no idea why it's happening.

Anyone have any clue?

I realize this isn't exactly a UI issue, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Deleted
    This happens to me all the time, no idea why but WoW just gets stuck in the front.

Can't offer you a solution, but I can offer you a way to sidestep the issue.

Alt+Enter will swap between Windowed and full screen, with a click of a button. So Alt+Enter, then Alt+Tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    This occasionally happens to me with WoW and D3. The way I get around it is press play on the launcher, then go to firefox and keep spam clicking text (to highlight/unhighlight it). WoW/D3 shows up in the background and it all works fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens to me when the computer suddenly gets a big load of tasks to do, for example, I log in wow, start photoshop, open internet and load youtube, start skype and start searching for something in my external hard drive, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Then I have to go to windowed mode and back to windowed fullscreen on wow to fix it. Never experienced this issue when wow was the only program being started at the time.

This script/macro will fix it for you, it's faster than switching to (Windowed) mode and back
    /run RestartGx()

Also experiencing this issue, but neither solution works.
    I am forced to actually exit wow and start it up again because either switching to fullscreen mode, or using the script posted by Ketho will crash the WoW client.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use windowed fullscreen. It's that simple. Put it on windowed and use the "Maximize window" windows button on the top right.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Don't use windowed fullscreen. It's that simple. Put it on windowed and use the "Maximize window" windows button on the top right.
    It worked fine before, this only being a recent issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    My alt-tab wouldn't work unless Caps Lock was deactivated.

Maybe that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Who wants to play with this ugly bar at the top?