Deleted

Question Disc Priest - check my character?

Hi, I swapped to Disc a while ago and am trying to make sure I have the best reforges/gems/enchants/talents etc, if there's anything anyone can see I'm doing wrong, or can be done to improve my healing.
    Thanks
    Faithlouise

It won't let me post a link :S my ch's is Faithlouise, Turalyon

Reforge neck spi->crit, reforge your OH spi->crit and gem Misty Wild Jade, your cloak should have lightweave, not darkglow embroidery. Other than that I'd probably get rid of Glyphs of BH and ProM and replace with Holy fire + something more useful like Inner sanctum. Also your trinkets are terrible and I wouldn't use Cascade in any encounter in SoO personally, but you don't have LMG so you can't really fire off a free Halo just for the DA.

You want around 7-9k spirit, and you want solace and insanity. You want to reforge all spirit on items to Crit or if there's crit on it, to mastery. You want to use all Crit gems.

You can sit there and Atone + Divine Star every fight and easily (EASILY) top the charts with minimal effort. I do it every week in my 25m Heroic guild.

Her trinkets are not optimal, but I wouldn't say terrible. I'm guessing that is what she has access to and isn't choosing them over better choices.
    Cascade isn't great for Discipline, go with Divine Star or Halo. Without the legendary meta gem, DS is the better choice as Halo will eat up your mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Thank you. I will be making these changes in the morning. As for my trinkets, its just been what I could get, they were my first options to get rid of some old blues from pre-raiding, not been very lucky on drops and when things do drop I raid with another disc priest! (not optimal I know but...) luckily she's now pretty much geared so fingers crossed I might actually get some loot soon x

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Her trinkets are not optimal, but I wouldn't say terrible. I'm guessing that is what she has access to and isn't choosing them over better choices.
    Cascade isn't great for Discipline, go with Divine Star or Halo. Without the legendary meta gem, DS is the better choice as Halo will eat up your mana.
    If you use them on cooldown anyways, the mana cost isn't that far off.

Cascade is fine for some fights, others it depends on the strat you guys use.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Cascade is fine for some fights, others it depends on the strat you guys use.
    Cascade is good for whoring inconsequential damage on Immerseus, Juggernaut, Nazgrim, and Klaxxi. Halo is a strong(er) alternative in most cases for those fights if you know you are actually going to need the healing and isn't just looking to top the meters . Rest of the fights are either hands-down halo, or hands-down divine star (apart from shamans if you're stacking them, where Cascade is actually the best I've found so far, due to the time between each falling ash being 30 seconds, and usually having 2x camps, melee and ranged obviously, far from each other for it to bounce).

Deleted
    Faith!
    We'll get you some new trinkets, don't you worry Hopefully the other team will be running a lot more often now we have so many people coming back so lots more chances! I didn't get my Sha trinket until the 10th or 11th run on Normal so I know how frustrating it is!
    - Sudol

Deleted
    Yu´lon trinket is not that bad.

Just want to add about people giving advice to go lower spirit, it also depense kinda on your raid setup. If you are 25 or 10 man (i guessed 10) and how many mana resources you got, im guessing u got no resto shaman as you state you heal with another disc priest. Seeing as you also dont got the meta gem you might not have enough spirit going 7-9k like suggested. But starting with lower spirit while using your mana resources as much as possible is very good to learn mana management, just dont feel bad for having to get more if you find yourself ooming mid fight. Just dont forget to keep rapture, mindbender/shadowfiend(+solace) on cd together with hymn and potions if needed.

2x disc isnt optimal but good enough to clear normal, difficult in heroic.