Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Horde is cool, orcs are boring. When I knew we had to raid SoO for a year I was really hoping that we'll get a huge break of orcs......

.... and then WoD got announced....

Deleted
    I play horde but prefer alliance any day and I agree with you completely

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    War Crimes give quite alot lol
    A lot of cool alliance lore? No it doesn't. There wasn't much in War Crimes. Tyrande got none, she was the faceless prosecutor here character could have been replaced by anyone. Varian was mostly ignored, but showed up to look silly. Jaina, Veressa and Anduin were the only alliance characters that were actually developed. There was not a lot, and none of it was "cool" or even very interesting, they were mostly the faceless faction that was there so Baine could sort out his issues, Vol'jin could look wise, and then at the end the horde and alliance leaders all looked to Thrall to ask him what they should do after Garrosh escapes (Varian even brings Jaina to Thrall for healing instead of going to Tyrande or Velen).

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay after reading through this thread, I believe I went about the thread the wrong way. Sure the Horde do get a lot of attention. However I believe I should have stated, "anyone else fucking tired of orcs?".

The Horde is an extremely interesting faction, but the orcs is what I've grown tired off. Whether it's the Kor'kron, Dragonmaw, Iron Horde, Frostwolf etc.... The other races as well as the Alliance need their time to shine.

I play Horde, and I'd honestly love an expansion focused on the blood elves, goblins and tauren.

Want an alliance expansion go play wrath

Deleted
    No.

I'm not sick of the Horde. Because I played Horde in Vanilla and guess what I DID hate?

Only questing for Night Elves, Humans and Dwarves.

And then Questing for Night Elves, Blood Elves and Draenei

And then Questing for Humans.

And then Questing for Night Elves AGAIN with a whitewashed Earthen Ring.

We need Horde-style Neutral factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Want an alliance expansion go play wrath
    And Vanilla

And half of TBC

And half of Cataclysm.

Deleted
    and yet the best part is when some players think there is no Horde bias because

a) WotLK was Alliance expansion
    b) Cata was "neutral"
    c) One raid tier in MoP does not count.

Meh I'd love to see some alliance stuff, I love the horde played it since day 3 (first 2 days were alliance till I began to despise the people that play alliance).

Alliance has definitely NOT been forgotten far from it, they had a ton in early expacs and even Cata there was a lot of Alliance action. MoP is more neutral than anything till SoO so I'd hardly call it a horde expansion but a horde patch.

But as far as potentially going alliance? No matter how cool they make their lore, story, cities, or anything for that matter. I will not be able to handle the mass epidemic of down syndrome that plagues the alliance side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    and yet the best part is when some players think there is no Horde bias because

a) WotLK was Alliance expansion
    b) Cata was "neutral"
    c) One raid tier in MoP does not count.
    Or maybe because we've been Questing for nothing but bloody Elves Dwarves and Humans forever and when the Horde to take centre stage, the huge bundles of asshats who play said Night Elves and Humans begin whining that an Orc gave them a quest once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    As awesome as the Horde is, there is another faction in game lol.
    Nah, I just play a white orc with a straight back, some ppl call these humans but whatever.

I want more in-game draenei development. Like, I really hope they follow through and give the draenei a lot of in-game lore, because after TBC, they've been neglected hardcore. Worgen are also a bit neglected, but they share history with humans, so it's not as bad as the draenei case. Like, I've played horde disproportionately more than alliance (only played Alliance during classic) and even then I've noticed how little a role they've played role-wise (regarding modern times, not talking about their past in novels and shit) during the whole game.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Orcs in WoD are members of the Old Horde, which has never appeared in WoW.

I guess you mean you're sick of Orcs?

P.S. There's no such thing as "Alliance expansion" or "Horde expansion", this whole debate is just stupid.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-06-11 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Last time I checked Gnomeregan - the dungeon - was not in gnome hands. It is a former gnome city. In the exact same way Grim Batol is a former Wildhammer city, Stratholme and Scholomance are former human cities, and so forth. And since both factions have quests that lead them into it, it is not a matter of being tailored to one faction or the other. Stockades and RFC are the only exceptions, being that their entrances are inaccessible to appropriately leveled members of the opposite faction and they contain no quests for them either.
    dont say to me about their former glory...ok...during warcraft 2 grim batol was horde place...ok...they were there? check..ok then its their?! nah

Friggin sick of Orcs. Viva la BElf!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't focus on Alliance lore because there is barely any to begin with.
    Ulduar basically encapsulates what real Alliance lore is about - the Titans, and their creations the Dwarves, Gnomes, and Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A) The Old Horde never is formed on Draenor. The Iron Horde is not the same thing as the Old Horde.
    B) There are dozens of Old Horde members running around WoW. They are either part of the New Horde, the Dark Horde, or the Fel Horde.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet.. the thing is, and this is something a lot of people will say; Warcraft is Orcs vs. Humans. They will always be in the main spotlight.

I don't mind an orc-themed expansion, seeing as we're venturing to the orc-world, but I do hope there will be A LOT of dreanei-lore, seeing as that chapter has been lacking in the past.

I also don't mind humans taking the lead, but they're super stupid in everything they do. I've said it before; it's the combined strength of all the races of the Alliance that make the alliance what it is. In MOP it seemed like they all took a backseat for Varian Wrynn's übermenschen.

So yeah, other races could use a little bit more spotlight. Races like Tauren, Night Elf and Draenei.

As an Alliance player, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm sick of the Horde....just sick of Orcs and Forsaken. Same thing with Humans.

I know the original Warcraft back in the day was all about Orcs vs Humans, but I think the game has outgrown that. It's time to move on and have a story about more interesting things. It can't be Orcs vs Humans forever, so stop with the awkward attempts to make the game center around that theme.

And yeah, Alliance get a lot of stuff in the novels. It's just sad that people who only play WoW and don't read the books will miss that. In Wolfheart, Varian kicked Garrosh's ass all over Ashenvale (although he unfortunately didn't get the chance to kill him), but you don't see any mention of that in the game. There's a lot of stuff like that, where the Alliance members get to kick ass in the novels and do awesome things that are never mentioned in WoW.

I was kind of excited about the "we need to clean up Gilneas and stop ignoring Sylvanas" lines that Varian delivered at the end of Siege. Hoping something exciting will actually come of that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-11 at 04:06 PM.

Blizzard is sticking to Warcraft's core with the Orcs vs Humans and it's starting to ruin the game in my opinion. The game needs to evolve its story.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Blizzard is sticking to Warcraft's core with the Orcs vs Humans and it's starting to ruin the game in my opinion. The game needs to evolve its story.
    its always evolving...but they arent cool as the main theme....they always add new race into warcraft...only in mop there were...fishman...saurok..the mogu...pandas and many others...in cata...worgen..goblin and every land had it unique mob races...i am sick of varian for example but i dont fuck up people brain...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I guess you mean you're sick of Orcs?

P.S. There's no such thing as "Alliance expansion" or "Horde expansion", this whole debate is just stupid.
    the whole debate is unnecesery but..."orcs from old horde never appeared in wow"?!?!...almost every orc (90%) in orgrimmar...born in draenor but its not just it...
    you should get back to play UBRS in blackrock mountain...or ur old uncle saurfang..what of all the red orcs in outland who stand near black citadel... which are 100% of them born in draenor old horde?!...