View Poll Results: Would you purchase a lifetime WoW subscription?

Voters
367. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

157 42.78%
  • No

210 57.22%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldn't take the risk, especially not now. Perhaps if it had been a few years ago, but even then $500 is a lot for me to drop on a game I might end up not playing in a few months time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    In hindsight, yes. In reality, no, because I would always hesitate and wonder what if I wouldn't play long enough for it to end up being a deal.
    This. If from the first time I started playing WoW there was a lifetime fee, then yes. As it stands now though, not a chance in hell. WoW has been suffering since Cata with poor gaming. I don't see that changing in WoD with the meager offering they're giving. The most I'd pay now for a lifetime sub is $100.

If I had paid $500, I'd have saved myself $431.77 over the lifetime of WoW that I actually have played. I know I'm probably on the low end of that too since I haven't played seriously for two expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    If I had paid $500, I'd have saved myself $431.77 over the lifetime of WoW that I actually have played. I know I'm probably on the low end of that too since I haven't played seriously for two expansions now.
    Just taking the monthly sub fee into account, I would have saved around 980$ if I had bought such a lifetime sub at the beginning of my WoW career. Per account.
    Now take that x2.5 (two accs + one on-and-off-account) and I would have saved ~2.500$ from the subscription cost alone. Not bad.

HELL no. I only play for a few months at a time now. Even if WoW lasted the rest of my life, I don't think I'd ever actually get my money's worth.

does the lifetime wow subscription include services like faction & server transfers?
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week Can a guy and a girl ever have a truly platonic friendship?

Right now? No. 10 years ago, yes.

Yes, for 500 USD but not 500 euro or some other stupid currency exchange rate. feels like its an expansion to late for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Just taking the monthly sub fee into account, I would have saved around 980$ if I had bought such a lifetime sub at the beginning of my WoW career. Per account.
    Now take that x2.5 (two accs + one on-and-off-account) and I would have saved ~2.500$ from the subscription cost alone. Not bad.
    Wow, you spend that much on a video game?

lmao

If they made a lifetime WoW subscription they would release 1 raid a year. Like when all the people bought the WoW yearly pass + diablo 3 they got Dragon Soul and hardly any content during that time.

been playing 10years last 2 years on and off i would have done this by the second year and saved sooooooooo muccccchhhhhhhhh moneyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    shamans suck soo much, but we are the best class in the game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, you spend that much on a video game?
    That is the sub fee alone. I spent a lot more than that on char services (like race changes) and on things like TCG/Blizzcon stuff etc.

I don't regret anything, though. I have no problem with spending some money on my hobbies (which WoW certainly is considering just how many hours I have played the game during all those years).

If this were any upcoming expansion but Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent, I would have. But now? Not a chance. Very much doubt I'm even playing past MoP.

There was a time where I'd say yes without hesitation when I had a near constant active subscription and have probably put near if not over $1000 in fees in the 7/8 years I've played but as it stands right now I highly doubt it and will probably only subscribe for a few months here and there in the future so it wouldn't hold up the value to me.
    Unsubscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

Hell to da yes.

Didn't even finish reading the title, I was like, yes.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

At its peak, I think a lot of people would have considered it. Now? Obviously not so much.

Would I have during Vanilla and TBC? Yea...would I now? I'd rather die.

500??? Maybe if it included the cost of the expansions and of course maybe recharging character services. They'd have to offer a lot more than life time sub for 500$ to be worth it lol, especially considering there is no guarantee that WoW will exist in 4-5 years the chances of it not existing are astronomical but still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    especially considering there is no guarantee that WoW will exist in 4-5 years the chances of it not existing are astronomical but still possible.
    500 / 13 = 38.5 = 3.2 years. So it wouldn't be that long until it would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    That is the sub fee alone. I spent a lot more than that on char services (like race changes) and on things like TCG/Blizzcon stuff etc.

I don't regret anything, though. I have no problem with spending some money on my hobbies (which WoW certainly is considering just how many hours I have played the game during all those years).
    I'm just saying, thats a lot of money to spend on a video game. A video game. (I re-said video game to emphasize the point)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm just saying, thats a lot of money to spend on a video game. A video game. (I re-said video game to emphasize the point)
    Does it really matter? It's a hobby and it kept me entertained for many, MANY hours. Like, for countless hours considering my /played time.
    Yes, there's no physical countervalue. But still...I spent money and had fun.
    Last edited by Nivis; 2014-06-11 at 11:49 PM.