Poll: Would you purchase a lifetime WoW subscription?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lifetime WoW Subscription: Would you buy one?

If it were possible for you to buy a lifetime WoW subscription, would you buy one?

Lets say they set the price at $500 USD, and you never had to pay a monthly fee again, and you always had access to your account to log in and play on your servers. (granted that you did not cheat / exploit / go against ToS). All you would have to do is purchase the expansions whenever they came out to access the new content.

Would you be willing to drop the dough and buy one? Why or why not?

No, because life sometimes happens.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's cheap and if i suddenly didn't want to play anymore, i would still be able to log on again some time if i suddenly felt like logging in and saying hi to the people i know in game (given they still play of course) without having to pay for a month again

In hindsight, yes. In reality, no, because I would always hesitate and wonder what if I wouldn't play long enough for it to end up being a deal.

It's usually a bad sign when something sells a lifetime subscription.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, it would only take 3 years for it to be a better investment than a monthly sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Nope, if enough people bought it that would give them an incentive to just stop making content or caring about content they put out, as they already have your money, so there is no more reason for them to give you a reason to play the game other than character services.

I've already dropped more than a thousand on this game, what's $500 for a lifetime? I'd take that deal.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd buy it since I wasted more than 2000€ on my account 400€ is nothing really for a couple of years of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Objectively, it would probably save me some money long term since my sub has been uninterrupted since I first starting playing in classic and likely will remain so for much longer, but I can't really justify spending $500 in one large purchase on a video game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I don't think it's worth the investment. No. Not for $500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Objectively, it would probably save me some money long term since my sub has been uninterrupted since I first starting playing in classic and likely will remain so for much longer, but I can't really justify spending $500 in one large purchase on a video game.
    Well you gotta take into account the time value of money, and how much $500 today is worth a few years from now when you accumulate $500 in expenses to blizzard.

I could figure out the calculation, but it will take me a moment. I would also have to use the market rate of return to figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's to late in the game to have a lifetime sub, now if it was vanilla or bc times then yes prehaps it's worth it.

Deleted
    Based on the monthly fee here in europe it would already be the cheaper option after one complete expansion.

Right now, I already spent about 1450€ on my WoW subscription alone, which is about $2000. So $500 would have been really really cheap for me. Nonetheless, I think I wouldn't do it.

Yes. For 500$ I'd def buy a lifetime sub.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well you gotta take into account the time value of money, and how much $500 today is worth a few years from now when you accumulate $500 in expenses to blizzard.
    It would be pretty unlikely that it would vary that much within three years.

But it doesn't matter. The issue isn't whether it's a value, the issue is that I couldn't justify -- as a responsible adult -- dropping half a grand in one chunk on a video game. Spaced out over the course of three years in negligible amounts, sure. But $500 is a large purchase.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I would buy it for $40. $500? I could buy a new machine for that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Hmmm years ago, yes I probably would have, I mean have always had an active sub, probably spent roughly £1000 just on subs over 9 years, give or take (I had a 25 year sub code on my account for a couple years, and have had free months here and there so probably a bit less, however that doesn;t include all the pets and mounts and transfers etc I have spent on!)

I suppose I probably would, £300 is not a huge amount of money, so would make sense seeing as I never let my sub drop.

If you asked me this back in BC or Wotlk when i had a lot of fun with the game ,maybe.

Now ? No way it's worth it ( imo ),the game fails to provide the fun it used to for me anyway. I just have my fun ,then unsub until a major content patch or expansion.

So,nope would not buy

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I've played on and off since roughly 2008. I've maybe spent about 600-700 euros in total so far and I can't say I'm enjoying WoW that much nowadays anyways.