Poll: Would you purchase a lifetime WoW subscription?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    HELL no. I only play for a few months at a time now. Even if WoW lasted the rest of my life, I don't think I'd ever actually get my money's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    does the lifetime wow subscription include services like faction & server transfers?
    Hi

Right now? No. 10 years ago, yes.

Yes, for 500 USD but not 500 euro or some other stupid currency exchange rate. feels like its an expansion to late for it now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Just taking the monthly sub fee into account, I would have saved around 980$ if I had bought such a lifetime sub at the beginning of my WoW career. Per account.
    Now take that x2.5 (two accs + one on-and-off-account) and I would have saved ~2.500$ from the subscription cost alone. Not bad.
    Wow, you spend that much on a video game?

lmao

If they made a lifetime WoW subscription they would release 1 raid a year. Like when all the people bought the WoW yearly pass + diablo 3 they got Dragon Soul and hardly any content during that time.

been playing 10years last 2 years on and off i would have done this by the second year and saved sooooooooo muccccchhhhhhhhh moneyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    shamans suck soo much, but we are the best class in the game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, you spend that much on a video game?
    That is the sub fee alone. I spent a lot more than that on char services (like race changes) and on things like TCG/Blizzcon stuff etc.

I don't regret anything, though. I have no problem with spending some money on my hobbies (which WoW certainly is considering just how many hours I have played the game during all those years).

15+ Year Old Account
    If this were any upcoming expansion but Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent, I would have. But now? Not a chance. Very much doubt I'm even playing past MoP.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

There was a time where I'd say yes without hesitation when I had a near constant active subscription and have probably put near if not over $1000 in fees in the 7/8 years I've played but as it stands right now I highly doubt it and will probably only subscribe for a few months here and there in the future so it wouldn't hold up the value to me.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Hell to da yes.

Didn't even finish reading the title, I was like, yes.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

At its peak, I think a lot of people would have considered it. Now? Obviously not so much.

Deleted
    Would I have during Vanilla and TBC? Yea...would I now? I'd rather die.

500??? Maybe if it included the cost of the expansions and of course maybe recharging character services. They'd have to offer a lot more than life time sub for 500$ to be worth it lol, especially considering there is no guarantee that WoW will exist in 4-5 years the chances of it not existing are astronomical but still possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    especially considering there is no guarantee that WoW will exist in 4-5 years the chances of it not existing are astronomical but still possible.
    500 / 13 = 38.5 = 3.2 years. So it wouldn't be that long until it would be cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    That is the sub fee alone. I spent a lot more than that on char services (like race changes) and on things like TCG/Blizzcon stuff etc.

I don't regret anything, though. I have no problem with spending some money on my hobbies (which WoW certainly is considering just how many hours I have played the game during all those years).
    I'm just saying, thats a lot of money to spend on a video game. A video game. (I re-said video game to emphasize the point)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm just saying, thats a lot of money to spend on a video game. A video game. (I re-said video game to emphasize the point)
    Does it really matter? It's a hobby and it kept me entertained for many, MANY hours. Like, for countless hours considering my /played time.
    Yes, there's no physical countervalue. But still...I spent money and had fun.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-06-11 at 11:49 PM.

Needs a "Maybe" option

I'm sad that I missed the chance for a LOTRO lifetime sub. I guess if I look back and realize that I've played WoW for 8 years now, a lifetime sub would be better in the long run. But then I'd kind of feel like I have to keep playing, even if I don't want to anymore.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

If that were offered at the beginning of WoW's lifetime I would have saved a lot of money.

Blizzard would've been stupid to offer that.