Poll: Would you purchase a lifetime WoW subscription?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would be tempting, but there are too many 'what if' scenarios. $500 is a lot of money for some people. I'm the kind of person who pays for a six-month car registration that is $8 more than half the cost of a 12-month. I'd rather spend that extra $16 a year and go in smaller increments than dish out more money right now for more time on something. Because no one can predict the future.

In hindsight, it would have been great to have paid $500 in 2005 and never had to pay a subscription fee again. But looking to the future, I honestly could not say that I will play consistently for three more years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Needs a "Maybe" option

I'm sad that I missed the chance for a LOTRO lifetime sub. I guess if I look back and realize that I've played WoW for 8 years now, a lifetime sub would be better in the long run. But then I'd kind of feel like I have to keep playing, even if I don't want to anymore.
    I feel that way now. The biggest reason I don't play another MMO is that I have invested too much into WoW over the last nine years to say goodbye completely. :/
    For the Alliance!

You used to be able to get a free 25 year sub to WoW before they changed employee benefits. Just needed to be female and willing to skype call webcam cyb0r an employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If it were possible for you to buy a lifetime WoW subscription, would you buy one?

Lets say they set the price at $500 USD, and you never had to pay a monthly fee again, and you always had access to your account to log in and play on your servers. (granted that you did not cheat / exploit / go against ToS). All you would have to do is purchase the expansions whenever they came out to access the new content.

Would you be willing to drop the dough and buy one? Why or why not?
    Yes, under specific conditions

1. The game remains sub based, if it switched to F2P, life time members need serious perks.
    2. It to happen closer to the beginning of it's life cycle, I know that WoW has many expansions left in it, but it would've been way better in vanilla or early TBC
    3. Absolutely NO cash items. All mounts, transmog gear, and pets should be placed into the game. OR all life time subs get all items placed in the shop free.
    4. Reduced service costs (xfers, name changes, ect.) I would be okay if they did this more like monthly, heavily discounted sales for the lifetime sub members.

If these were met, sure, if not, then no.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had offered this a few years back then I absolutely would have done it. $500 means around 2.5 years of playtime under normal circumstances, and I've been playing this game off and on (mostly on) since July of 2005. Could have saved myself a pretty penny.

Soon as clicked the link, I knew you were gonna set it at 5-hundo. I'd have to say probably not, as there are a lot of times where I stay off WoW for a while. Wouldn't be worth it value-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I never buy lifetime subscriptions. In general, when a business offers one, they are doing so for a good reason, usually that the product is struggling and they don't expect that "lifetime" to be all that long.

If anything, the mere existence of a lifetime subscription option makes me want to avoid the product. It's a sign failure may be imminent.
    What about TiVo? Those are kinda a little different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if WoW would never go F2P i would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    What about TiVo? Those are kinda a little different.
    Not familiar with it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

not a chance in hell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asphyx5 View Post
    It's to late in the game to have a lifetime sub, now if it was vanilla or bc times then yes prehaps it's worth it.
    WOW has at least 20 years left.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably would. I can't see my life having any dramatic changes in 3 years time, and dropping $500 won't in any way effect my lifestyle or bills. I already pay 6 months subscription and only have ever once unsubbed during WotLK in my first year of WoW when I went overseas.

The only way I would purchase a $500 subscription is if they allowed for free access to all current and future Blizzard titles. Even then, I would hesitate, as the company could (unlikely as it would be) go under tomorrow.

I did, however, purchase the Annual Pass when it was available, as it provided me with a free copy of Diablo 3.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    if $500 = Lifetime WoW sub + NEXT expansion free, yes. Pretty much everyone would, regardless of what this poll says. Lets face it, most of us are addicted to WoW.

definitely yes it is just a little bit over 3 years of sub fees and that is a real bargain so highly doubt we would see it for this low cost

A few years ago maybe. Now, no way in hell. You can already sub for something like 12 bucks a month if you want to do long term subs. Looking at it that way that is over 3.5 years of subs a lifetime sub wouldn't seem worth it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

As much as I like WoW as a sub mmorpg, and I hardly find time to play it with more important priorities coming up, I would think about paying for a lifetime sub.

Quote Originally Posted by asphyx5 View Post
    It's to late in the game to have a lifetime sub, now if it was vanilla or bc times then yes prehaps it's worth it.

You can expect WoW to be around and be the dominate force in MMO's for another 15 years easy. despite what all the anti wow trolls say none of the wowkillers are getting it done so to speak. Locking in this huge saving would be very nice if it became available. Actually the savings are too big to even be considered a serious thing we would never see it this cheap if they decided to go with an offer on lifetime sub.

Only if they promised that the game would last x (more than 34 months) amount of time.

I would love to see the divorces caused by dumb husbands or wives dropping 500 bucks on a lifetime sub. Only to then have the jaded pissed off ex spouse fight for property rights to that account in the divorce.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Toss in those paid services for free and you've got yourself a deal.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven