View Poll Results: I would opt out if

Voters
82. This poll is closed
  • I coulnd do the things i love to do anymore

19 23.17%
  • I lost one or multiple senses (hearing, eyesight, smell)

16 19.51%
  • If i would become mimed (burned allover, face melted away)

9 10.98%
  • I wouldnt give up and learn to cope.

38 46.34%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Please lock this thread. This is really not the place to talk about Suicide.. Not sure why it would even be up for this long.

Speechless tbh.
    How is discussing events where people are murdered okey, but discussing people choosing how/when they die for themselves taboo? Surely killing sprees and war is worse than suicide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you mind expanding your opinion for me? I've never understood this take on suicide.
    Simple: Running away from problem = choosing mathematical trivial solution = coward.

Problem is: people like that don't have any idea how it feels if the problem/depression completely consumes your perception and is just utterly overwhelming to the point that fighting looks like a lost cause.

Personally I have lost the will to fight quite some time ago, so I currently just drift in life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Simple: Running away from problem = choosing mathematical trivial solution = coward.

Problem is: people like that don't have any idea how it feels if the problem/depression completely consumes your perception and is just utterly overwhelming to the point that fighting looks like a lost cause.

Personally I have lost the will to fight quite some time ago, so I currently just drift in life.
    Indeed. It is a way out, but I do not think it is cowardly at all. You're leaving everything you have ever known behind by choice. You will never see your parents again, nor your friends and loved ones. You will no longer be able to do anything ever again. Perhaps people take such things for granted.

I see we're quite alike then, I've been merely existing for years.

Would you kill yourself if you became terribly injured or mimed?
    If a french clown wearing makeup starting trying to lasso me with an invisible rope or pretending he was stuck in a box, yeah, I'd kill myself.

Never. I personally feel its giving up. Unless its a very unique situation where you know your going to die and go through torture before it. Maybe then it controversially ok.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Indeed. It is a way out, but I do not think it is cowardly at all.
    Because you're choosing the path of least resistance, knowing full well how much it hurts those that care for you. Yes, you're leaving people behind, but it's still the easy way out, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

There are certain extreme circumstances in which I'd probably kill myself, and I'm not trying to judge people that do, but it doesn't deserve glorification. It doesn't matter if they can't see any other way, it's still the easy and selfish way out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got in an auto accident about 27 year ago the end up screwing up my lower back and putting me out of the US Navy after 10 years of service. About 5 years ago (June 6th) I collapse and went into v-fib as a result of a shooting pain in that region. My wife swears, I was basically dead until the EMS arrived she being a nurse check for a pulse and a heart beat either of which could found, she start chest compressions, but somehow I woke up on my own but babbling like there was no tomorrow before she got done with the first one. When I got to the hospital and they did a work up and decided to admit me. over the course of the next five days it had been determined that I had 3 compression fraction in the middle of my back and that most of my stats were so whacked out they referred to hematologist and a cardo doctor.

After about months of test the hematologist determined I had Mastocytosis or Mast Cell disease. My body to this day does what it want to do and it never the same from day to day. Between this and my lower back that I screw up 27 year ago, I have never ever contemplated the idea of killing myself. I love my wife and children and I want to be here forever how long I have to be with them.

Checking out to me has never been an option, nothing is worth taking ones life even if you are having a very hard time coping with it. I feel bless for every sunrise and sunset I get to see, I feel bless to have the wife and children that I have as well. I also chuck it up to this, There is always someone out there that is in worse shape than I am. Even with all I have going on I can still walk and talk and able to do more than a few things for myself. I take measure of what I am capable of doing today, because it is far more than I could do 4 years this past Saturday.

Dying in other than Gods hands is not an option to me.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-06-10 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Because you're choosing the path of least resistance, knowing full well how much it hurts those that care for you. Yes, you're leaving people behind, but it's still the easy way out, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

There are certain extreme circumstances in which I'd probably kill myself, and I'm not trying to judge people that do, but it doesn't deserve glorification. It doesn't matter if they can't see any other way, it's still the easy and selfish way out.
    I am not glorifying it, just saying it is a choice. Yes, it is a selfish choice but that is in human nature itself, is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I see we're quite alike then, I've been merely existing for years.
    Funny thing:
    back in the day, people were perfectly happy with simply existing. Simply living.
    I wonder where the perception of "needing to be someone" or "needing to move something" comes from and whether it's a healthy view on life at all.

Personally I've been crushed by the sheer futility of our existence when I looked at earth from a cosmic point of view. Space is so absurdly vast, who can honestly say than ANYTHING he does truly matters? Getting rich? famous? making some awesome invention that "changes the world"?
    All means simply nothing. We're cosmic dust particles. utterly meaningless. Entire galaxies have collided. Countless suns have gone nova. Would anybody in the universe truly notice if one more light would go out and earth were to vanish?

How arrogant are we humans to believe that an all powerful deity loves us or even sacrificed his offspring for us?

Deleted
    I know lots of people that have.

Yeah sure, if you paid me.

The day that I stop feeling that my life matters more to others than it does to myself.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    How is discussing events where people are murdered okey, but discussing people choosing how/when they die for themselves taboo? Surely killing sprees and war is worse than suicide?
    Supporting suicide is NOT fine and this thread deserves a lock.

Let's hope we don't ever have to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    So much depression in this thread, come on guys no one can really tell without going trough it. Losing sight might be the worse thing to happen but still only the person that goes trough it can cope with it.
    I know someone who got into an accident and made him a tetraplegic which means no movement all-around including his fingers and he can pretty much outdps anyone, has a degree and works.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2014-06-10 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Funny thing:
    back in the day, people were perfectly happy with simply existing. Simply living.
    I wonder where the perception of "needing to be someone" or "needing to move something" comes from and whether it's a healthy view on life at all.

Personally I've been crushed by the sheer futility of our existence when I looked at earth from a cosmic point of view. Space is so absurdly vast, who can honestly say than ANYTHING he does truly matters? Getting rich? famous? making some awesome invention that "changes the world"?
    All means simply nothing. We're cosmic dust particles. utterly meaningless. Entire galaxies have collided. Countless suns have gone nova. Would anybody in the universe truly notice if one more light would go out and earth were to vanish?

How arrogant are we humans to believe that an all powerful deity loves us or even sacrificed his offspring for us?
    I have never wanted to 'be someone' I guess I just wanted a purpose in life other than studying, getting a job, retiring and dying. I do not find meaning in living such a life. It does not really matter who you are and what you did, only the few who knew you will remember you and then again, humans seem to need to give an impression so that they may be remembered as the years go by. I find such attitude arrogant, I guess if we're going by opinions of the masses I would be wrong, that we live for the happy moments in our lives. And I say, what happens when your happiness drowns? If I were gone I would cause my parents pain, yes, but it would pass much like everything does. My life doesn't matter much to me because when you look at the big picture we are so tiny and meaningless.

I have spent years drowning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands or eyes after I exhausted all my wealth in attempting to replace them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Supporting suicide is NOT fine and this thread deserves a lock.
    We are not supporting suicide, we have opinions and experiences we are sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Hands or eyes after I exhausted all my wealth in attempting to replace them.
    If they were replaceable, that'd be another thing entirely.

But as of right now, having no eyes or no arms is a nightmare.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had cancer twice and now I have lung and heart disease which inhibits me from doing a lot of things I would like to do in life but I am still here. There is no cure for this right now except for transplant but I hold on there is never a reason not to learn to cope and yes it IS sometimes hard though! But worth it ^^