View Poll Results: I would opt out if

Voters
82. This poll is closed
  • I coulnd do the things i love to do anymore

19 23.17%
  • I lost one or multiple senses (hearing, eyesight, smell)

16 19.51%
  • If i would become mimed (burned allover, face melted away)

9 10.98%
  • I wouldnt give up and learn to cope.

38 46.34%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    How arrogant are we humans to believe that an all powerful deity loves us or even sacrificed his offspring for us?
    We are as worthless as dust particles, that is a reality. Unable to accomplish anything worthwhile. But true love is unconditional. What makes a star greater than us? It is larger in mass, but compared to the immensity of an all powerful creator of the universe, all things in existence would be equally insignificant. We do not look at a boulder and claim it is more amazing than a human brain. Size matters not, what matters is truth, and truth is not determined nor dictated by our own feebleness and inability to understand the perfect love demonstrable by a perfect almighty being.

Compared to infinite grandeur and might, all things are insignificant. A creator would love us not because of what we are or what we have done, but because of who he is and what he has done.

How arrogant we are to think that we deserve love from an all powerful deity. How even more arrogant we are to think that an all powerful deity would be incapable of loving us in spite of our weakness and incompetence.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    I have had cancer twice and now I have lung and heart disease which inhibits me from doing a lot of things I would like to do in life but I am still here. There is no cure for this right now except for transplant but I hold on there is never a reason not to learn to cope and yes it IS sometimes hard though! But worth it ^^
    I admire your courage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I have never wanted to 'be someone' I guess I just wanted a purpose in life other than studying, getting a job, retiring and dying. I do not find meaning in living such a life. It does not really matter who you are and what you did, only the few who knew you will remember you and then again, humans seem to need to give an impression so that they may be remembered as the years go by. I find such attitude arrogant, I guess if we're going by opinions of the masses I would be wrong, that we live for the happy moments in our lives. And I say, what happens when your happiness drowns? If I were gone I would cause my parents pain, yes, but it would pass much like everything does. My life doesn't matter much to me because when you look at the big picture we are so tiny and meaningless.

I have spent years drowning.
    Yeah, it's dark on the bottom of the sea, isn't it? Dark and cold (4°C if I remember correctly).
    Still, right now I refuse to inflict the pain on the ones I love, so I carry on.
    Guess I'm living more for them than for myself, if that notion even makes sense.

Still the hubble deep field images are just.... crushing.

there is never a reason not to learn to cope and yes it IS sometimes hard though! But worth it ^^
    Sorry to hear you're suffering. I wish you the best.
    But I have to disagree. From my PoV life simply isn't worth the fight.

Deleted
    We are not supporting suicide, we have opinions and experiences we are sharing.
    Because nobody else has any experiences. Because people thinking about suicide might not read this thread, right? Because giving advices how to suicide best is clearly appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    We are as worthless as dust particles, that is a reality. Unable to accomplish anything worthwhile. But true love is unconditional. What makes a star greater than us? It is larger in mass, but compared to the immensity of an all powerful creator of the universe, all things in existence would be equally insignificant. We do not look at a boulder and claim it is more amazing than a human brain. Size matters not, what matters is truth, and truth is not determined nor dictated by our own feebleness and inability to understand the perfect love demonstrable by a perfect almighty being.

Compared to infinite grandeur and might, all things are insignificant. A creator would love us not because of what we are or what we have done, but because of who he is and what he has done.

How arrogant we are to think that we deserve love from an all powerful deity. How even more arrogant we are to think that an all powerful deity would be incapable of loving us in spite of our weakness and incompetence.
    Maybe you're right, I don't know.
    But if I had created humanity and saw what they did to this planet, I'd be pretty pissed and would call them a failed experiment.

But then again I a mean "huumaaan" (Ferengi speech). God is supposed to be nice.

Because giving advices how to suicide best is clearly appropriate.
    A agree that we should refrain from giving advice or tutorials.
    But talking about how we feel should be okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Because nobody else has any experiences. Because people thinking about suicide might not read this thread, right? Because giving advices how to suicide best is clearly appropriate.
    I do, that is why I am writing here and even if I didn't we are merely discussing. I merely advised to not ingest bleach in any shape or form, you take that as you will.

Maybe you're right, I don't know.
    But if I had created humanity and saw what they did to this planet, I'd be pretty pissed and would call them a failed experiment.

But then again I a mean "huumaaan" (Ferengi speech). God is supposed to be nice.

A agree that we should refrain from giving advice or tutorials.
    But talking about how we feel should be okay.
    Like I said, perfect love from a perfect being would be unconditional. Even humans are able to express this love to an extent. We still love our children even when they flush our stuff down the toilet. We can still love our spouse even if they lie to us. We are capable of love in spite of faults.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Pointless poll is pointless. There's been so many threads here over the years with so many saying "I would totally end it because my life is horrible QQQQQQQ... BUT".

If the polled percentage of people that "want to die" translated into the real world, we'd have a serious issue on our hands. Luckily, most don't have the balls to do it, or are simply venting to the masses with no real intentions of doing anything of the sort.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I chose I'd learn to cope because I doubt the real case will ever happen :P Considering I'm a type I Diabetic...

The only time I would commit suicide is if there's an apocalypse of some kind, and I become a hindrance. I'm dependent on my insulin, and while we could find some that could keep me alive for a while. I really doubt that it would last long. And no, exercise doesn't keep my blood glucose level. If I don't have insulin in my system, my body will start eating itself... and I'll die a long, horrid death. No thank you. I'll end it my own way, kthnx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If the polled percentage of people that "want to die" translated into the real world, we'd have a serious issue on our hands. Luckily, most don't have the balls to do it, or are simply venting to the masses with no real intentions of doing anything of the sort.
    Yeah, preprogrammed survival instincts are quite strong indeed.
    I was ~ 24hrs away from death once.
    Even I, that doesn't like life all that much had fear of dying.
    I was really surprised by the intensity of that fear.

I'll say this: it's not that you can't have a discussion about this, is that in a forum such as this I cannot see it producing meaningful dialogue without stirring up extremely unpleasant comments, ideas, and (although unlikely) suicide stirring suggestions.

Put another way: it's a topic that can be talked about only with people who are extremely sentsitive towards the feelings of others and towards the seriousness of the issue.

I doubt that could be found in an internet forum. Also, I'm sorry, I just find the "poll" kind of offensive.

Deleted
    I feel like giving up and killing yourself is a cowardly thing to do. I'd personally fight to live the life that I want to live until I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Put another way: it's a topic that can be talked about only with people who are extremely sentsitive towards the feelings of others and towards the seriousness of the issue.
    I disagree.
    Since this is an anonymous Internet forum, no one needs to take stuff he doesn't like personally in any way.
    To be honest: it feels kinda good to know that I am not alone with this kind of thoughts and depressions.

BTW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Extreme_Deep_Field
    That is seriously impressive.

Deleted
    I disagree.
    Since this is an anonymous Internet forum, no one needs to take stuff he doesn't like personally in any way.
    To be honest: it feels kinda good to know that I am not alone with this kind of thoughts and depressions.

BTW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Extreme_Deep_Field
    That is seriously impressive.
    It is indeed.

Anyways, I will head off to bed. Have a good night, everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is indeed.

Anyways, I will head off to bed. Have a good night, everyone.
    Yeah 02:23 in old Germany. I hit the sac too.
    Lets just hope I don't dream of mimes... or clowns. >.<

Sleep well!

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'll say this: it's not that you can't have a discussion about this, is that in a forum such as this I cannot see it producing meaningful dialogue without stirring up extremely unpleasant comments, ideas, and (although unlikely) suicide stirring suggestions.

I doubt that could be found in an internet forum. Also, I'm sorry, I just find the "poll" kind of offensive.
    It doesn't matter if YOU cant see it producing something meaningful. This forum and conversation involves people who aren't you. If you don't like it then you can see yourself out.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Deleted
    The only time i feel i'd ever consider killing myself would be if i am already going to die from something and it is causing extreme pain.

...is what i'd like to say but in truth i have no idea. And i do not want to find out either.

Deleted
    Yeah, my right hand burned so badly the docs told my parents amputation might be necessary. My face almost melted too, but they extinguished me out before that, only a small spot under the chin.

Still, i don't know if i would've decided to kill myself if my face and arm was gone. Life is fun although it may suck from time to time. And there is only single one. Some have gone through much more worse injuries and they all haven't killed themselves, some have.

In the end its more like laughing in Deaths face. Come here fucker and try, I won't go down that easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't really an appropriate topic here