View Poll Results: What do you think about it ?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a good idea

    106 49.07%
  • No, it's a bad idea

    70 32.41%
  • I don't care

    40 18.52%
Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Wildstar Business Model in World Of Warcraft

    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/

    EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-10 at 11:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it :/

    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/
    Considering they're doing away with the only method on their store to spend real money for a commodity in game? Doubtful.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,381
    No thanks you. Sub to cover everything with a slowly evolving cash shop is fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/
    Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?

  5. #5
    Epic! Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,668
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,104
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?
    It's PTP: Play to pay. You can use in game gold to buy your subscription time.

  8. #8
    Saw some of my guild mates doing this exact same thing. It's high time blizzard implements it, mainly because it serves as the best gold sink there is.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?
    Yes, when you leave in a crappy country, it's a big thing :/

  10. #10
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?
    For certain countries, currency such as dollars or euros really packs a punch.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    For certain countries, currency such as dollars or euros really packs a punch.
    This, 40 Euros in my country is like 1/4 of the minimum salary :s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Bump.
    /10chars

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-06-12 at 09:47 PM.

  12. #12
    Warchief IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/

    EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

    Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

    While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    Waaaaah this guy was mean to me! Waaaaaaaaah!

    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  13. #13
    Wildstar not exactly the originators of this method but uh.. there's 0 negatives and it gives people options.

    No reason not to do it.

  14. #14
    EVE did this a while ago.

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.
    And people hack other people's accounts and cheat and give themselves GM commands. Doesn't mean Blizzard should condone it "because people do it."


    At any rate, sounds like a way to MASSIVELY encourage botting. Not only can they sell gold, they can zero out any money they'd have to pay to do so. And they could do that without hacking anyone's account.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,179
    People are going to buy gold whether it's against the rules or not so Blizzard might as well make it legal and make it benefit other players at the same time. Like someone above said: there are zero downsides.

  17. #17
    WoW could make any business model work.

    However, while it might be cheaper for you to not pay for your sub, generally speaking less revenue = less content.

    Just something to keep in mind.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

    Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

    While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    Gold sellers =/= hackers, not everyone can hack but everyone can be a gold seller.

  19. #19
    The cred system in wildstar still requires that somebody bought the game-time with real money. They allow the person who paid for the game time to sell it within the game. Its sounds pretty cool to me and blizzard would still get there money.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WoW could make any business model work.

    However, while it might be cheaper for you to not pay for your sub, generally speaking less revenue = less content.

    Just something to keep in mind.
    It's not less revenue. The game time that you buy from the AH has already been paid for by someone with real money.

    But if people aren't able to get close to a $1/1k ratio it's not likely that it'll stop gold sellers.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post

    Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.
    If someone has a stolen credit card they hardly need to buy virtual currency to profit. And if they have a stolen account they can either sell the account or bot with it to profit.

    The key to stopping gold sellers is the ratio. If I can get somewhere near the same amount from the AH than a gold seller, I'll take the legal route, but if the AH is getting me significantly less then I'm going with the gold seller.
    Last edited by ACES; 2014-06-11 at 01:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •