View Poll Results: What do you think about it ?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a good idea

106 49.07%
  • No, it's a bad idea

70 32.41%
  • I don't care

40 18.52%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You can buy gold for money anyways. Just with more risk.
    Unless Blizzard starts with gold spam in the channels all over Org I don't see how this could be a bad thing.
    Read the OP please.

Typical mmo-c thread, people using dumb logic to accomodate for their ignorant opinions. Formalizing and encouraging buying gold - a pay-to-win service, by the way - does not make it a good thing. Yes, it is possible to do it in wow nowadays, but it is actively pursued and bannings happen all the time because of it.

But hey, if people continue to follow the trend of not caring that the blizz store is becoming more and more prominent as well as the appearance of an instant level 90 service, we might very well be on the verge of such game-breaking system. I bet people will still claim it's fair because some people don't have the time to farm gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Typical mmo-c thread, people using dumb logic to accomodate for their ignorant opinions. Formalizing and encouraging buying gold - a pay-to-win service, by the way - does not make it a good thing. Yes, it is possible to do it in wow nowadays, but it is actively pursued and bannings happen all the time because of it.

But hey, if people continue to follow the trend of not caring that the blizz store is becoming more and more prominent as well as the appearance of an instant level 90 service, we might very well be on the verge of such game-breaking system. I bet people will still claim it's fair because some people don't have the time to farm gold...
    Have fun living in 2004. Maybe if you ever get with the times you can make some good money on sports betting.

Yes, you are the typical dumbshit who can't read a simple post.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-06-11 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Have fun living in 2004. Maybe if you ever get with the times you can make some good money on sports betting.
    Sure, it's where the video-game industry is heading. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I'll be playing the original warcraft games and good classics while everyone loves the crap out of an ocean of micro-transactions.

Also, you can't get any more old-fashioned than having a subscription model. If blizzard really is trying to get with the times, why don't they drop it? Hearthstone has been doing pretty well - Yet we see no evidence that this is what they're going to do, and we have the double and tripple dipping on people's wallets

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This, 40 Euros in my country is like 1/4 of the minimum salary :s

- - - Updated - - -

Bump.
    /10chars
    Ok..it is hard to pull this off without sounding like an asshole...but you will now be farming gold to buy a sub from people with an ingame currency...when you could be out working earning REAL Money (and probably more) to pay for food, rent..and eventually the sub?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok..it is hard to pull this off without sounding like an asshole...but you will now be farming gold to buy a sub from people with an ingame currency...when you could be out working earning REAL Money (and probably more) to pay for food, rent..and eventually the sub?
    Who's said only jobless can't / don't want to pay for a sub ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-11 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yep, you definitely sounded like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/

EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Judging on how gold sellers are RAMPANT in Wild Star (and Wild Star doesn't know how to deal with it, banning legit players for returning the mails and not implementing anti-spam systems), I would say that it's not going to stop anything.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And people hack other people's accounts and cheat and give themselves GM commands. Doesn't mean Blizzard should condone it "because people do it."

At any rate, sounds like a way to MASSIVELY encourage botting. Not only can they sell gold, they can zero out any money they'd have to pay to do so. And they could do that without hacking anyone's account.
    The thing is, if you don't implement things to discourage botting, you may as well not have a game at all. Everything in MMOs encourages botting, from honorfarm to matsfarm to just regular goldfarm.
    3DS (Pokemon X) friendcode: 1263-6368-9207. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wildstar not exactly the originators of this method but uh.. there's 0 negatives and it gives people options.

No reason not to do it.
    Rofl, posted directly after a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Judging on how gold sellers are RAMPANT in Wild Star (and Wild Star doesn't know how to deal with it, banning legit players for returning the mails and not implementing anti-spam systems), I would say that it's not going to stop anything.
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised to see that goldsellers jumped on wildstar so fast. I don't think they don't know how to deal with it, it's just they have other priorities at the moment.

That said, I've never seen worse goldselling/botting dealing than WoW. It's horrible and it's always-increasing, and I have more problems with WoW botters and goldsellers than I've had in any other game.
    3DS (Pokemon X) friendcode: 1263-6368-9207. PM me!

Bloodsail Admiral Sageofthe10paths's Avatar
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I could see Blizzard charging us for content patches. Like you buy the expansion, then get charged $10 every patch or pay $50 for the season pass... Think about it, we pay for pets, mounts, xmog helms, leveled toons, a subscription, faction changes, name changes, server transfers, and expansion packs... The only thing left is patches, is this such a crazy idea?

I wish they would cut us some slack financially, I feel like they are making money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I could see Blizzard charging us for content patches. Like you buy the expansion, then get charged $10 every patch or pay $50 for the season pass... Think about it, we pay for pets, mounts, xmog helms, leveled toons, a subscription, faction changes, name changes, server transfers, and expansion packs... The only thing left is patches, is this such a crazy idea?

I wish they would cut us some slack financially, I feel like they are making money hand over fist.
    They would sell class changes before selling patches, which I hope neither happens.....;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They would sell class changes before selling patches, which I hope neither happens.....;_;
    They already sell class changes: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...haracter-boost

Stood in the Fire ArchmageAllayne's Avatar
    i already buy my game time with gold (for 3 years i guess) don't care if they add a legit way for it or not .

Is there a trend in not caring about the store? Is that a joke? You must be blind, dear fellow poster. Every single time something gets released in the store, dozens of threads pop up and fill up with whine.

Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

Ahaha yeah let's gold farm 30 hours for 15 bucks.

The only thing that's gonna come out of this is chinese bot armies being even easier to sustain, also hackers making more dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?
    dude. after going to blizzcon i believe it. some of the people i saw there are living breathing sterotypes lol.

OT: people would probably freak out but honestly i dont think it would be a terrible idea. i dont really back it but im not against it either. doesnt have any real effect on me so i dont care.
    "The Horde has committed heinous crimes, Vol'jin. But some among you fought against Garrosh's tyranny. For that, I'm willing to end this bloodshed. But know this : if your Horde fails to uphold honor as Garrosh did, we will end you." - High King Varian Wrynn