View Poll Results: What do you think about it ?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a good idea

106 49.07%
  • No, it's a bad idea

70 32.41%
  • I don't care

40 18.52%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?
    If you're really good at making gold, you can buy to play. it helps reduce gold farmers drastically and helps regulate gold buying. The company takes a hit, but the consumers usually feel a lot better about it.

Good guy Wildstar
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Not the same thing.
    You're right, this is better. The Boost gives you a new race while maintaining your old one and gives you usable gear. A priest in full mage tier wouldn't be very useful, unless you're proposing all of your gear getting swapped over with its gems and enchants and upgrades, in which case, that seems like a colossal waste of time to implement when there's already the boost option.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    If you're really good at making gold, you can buy to play. it helps reduce gold farmers drastically and helps regulate gold buying. The company takes a hit, but the consumers usually feel a lot better about it.

Good guy Wildstar
    Nobody takes the hit, the game time is still being bought by someone who wishes to trade it away for gold

Considering my inability to gather gold in game since you can no longer be a lazy fuck and sell valor-point-boots for ingame-dosh im a bit... eh... well...

It is a fair concept... But i dont like to work in game to play, you know? I got enough in my head with money and bills when im not playing, i dont want to do chores in a game as well, just to be able to keep playing it. I work already to do that and pay a monthly fee.
    Draaaaaven.

Not bashing anyone but after reading some threads it seems there are some people who will defend the subscription until Illidan returns wielding Frostmourne :O

Personally I think this idea is nice so long as the potential loss of income doesn't hinder the speed at which content is created, if for example content was delayed by a month each tier I could live with that quite easily. Now if content was delayed 3 months or more I would say to the Nether with the idea! I am all for reducing the pricing of things such as the subscription, in-game services (transfers, faction changes) and making all blizzard store items under $10 HOWEVER I am not for most if any of them if it means content is released at a much slower pace.

In the end I want to trust in Blizzard and trust that they won't succumb to greed and instead will focus on making life better for players (in-game and IRL with cost reductions) however a company is first and foremost a company, companies survive off of money just like goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    That's the only possible downside and it's not much of one when you consider that botting for gold to buy CREDD gets you nothing more than a month of gametime, i.e. $15 maximum per month. That hardly seems worth a botter/hackers time.
    I'm just guessing, personally I'd like such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    1 - hackers already exists
    2 - encourage botters to do what ? farm gold ? again why would everyone buy gold from and external source and take any risk ?
    Would make it easier to... let's say launder their botted/hacked gold and convert it to cash.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    So, with how cheap gold is in WoW(under $1/100gold) the price of a CREDD-like currency would have to be incredibly high and that high price would translate to a very high real currency price. It wouldn't work, IMO. It works in WS because it's a new game and the economy is still shifting every single day.
    Well, if such a system existed it would operate at a different price point to the illegal market. People will pay more for something legal, simply because of the reduced risk of being scammed or banned. And of course some people don't know where to go to get black market gold or are afraid to approach them.

I'm not sure what those friends of mine are paying in gold to buy their game time, but I'm sure it's a lot more than 1,500 gold! Which proves that such a market could exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

Good guy Wildstar
    I guess we'll see whether or not it has an effect on gold farmers. Wouldn't gold farmers use their gold to buy a lot of CREDD and then sell it on ebay or some such?

Unless it's only possible for CREDD to change hands once, like Bind on Sale or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guess we'll see whether or not it has an effect on gold farmers. Wouldn't gold farmers use their gold to buy a lot of CREDD and then sell it on ebay or some such?

Unless it's only possible for CREDD to change hands once, like Bind on Sale or something.
    Can i give / gift C.R.E.E.D to my friends ?
    Yes! C.R.E.D.D. can be gifted to other players, but only by the original real money purchaser, and only if the C.R.E.D.D. has not yet been bound to the account. Unfortunately, players who have already bound C.R.E.D.D. to their account or have purchased it with in-game gold from the C.R.E.D.D. Exchange are unable to gift C.R.E.D.D. to other players.
    You can't sell / give / gift C.R.E.E.D bought with gold, so the gold sellers are screwed again.

The plex method has worked perfectly for the games it's been tried in, and moving it into World of Warcraft feels like the next logical step for the game during its decline.

The key point, of course, is that word; "decline". If it was launched in WoW, the sheer volume of wailing on the forums that WoW was dead would likely have something of an impact. Whether it is or not, it'd be treated as an admittance of defeat. EvE and WildStar launched with it in place, which is a completely different ballgame altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    The plex method has worked perfectly for the games it's been tried in, and moving it into World of Warcraft feels like the next logical step for the game during its decline.

The key point, of course, is that word; "decline". If it was launched in WoW, the sheer volume of wailing on the forums that WoW was dead would likely have something of an impact. Whether it is or not, it'd be treated as an admittance of defeat. EvE and WildStar launched with it in place, which is a completely different ballgame altogether.
    People will always cry about the "decline" of Warcraft and Blizzard don't really care about that, money is everything and since C.R.E.E.D is bought firstly by real money, then it will not have any impact on the game.

I think this would be an excellent idea, but no for 2014 world of warcraft. Back in 2004? sure!

Why? because after 10 years of bots and exploits the economy in this game is totally broken. I wouldn't be fair that players with millions of gold generated directly or indirectly by 'illegal' activities now get to play for free. Maybe this makes the whole idea to risky even for Blizzard, they'll have to fight harder against those activities and i honestly think they can't.

On the other hand, there is already a market out there that sells game time, mounts & pets for gold, so maybe is not bad that Blizzard takes control of that market.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    On the other hand, there is already a market out there that sells game time, mounts & pets for gold, so maybe is not bad that Blizzard takes control of that market.
    That's one of the good aspects of this system, Blizzard is kinda selling gold to players instead of those gold sellers.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-12 at 02:51 PM.

I'd be down.

I'm an adult, with a job and a family. My time is more precious than my money (at this game's rates anyway).

I'll gladly give you guys a free month of game time to farm gold for me.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't buy gold currently because I don't want to perpetuate the value that hacking people's accounts currently provides. PLEX and CREDDs don't do this.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-06-12 at 04:27 PM.

wows over all infrastructure cant support the model.

A game would ahve to start out with this to successfully implement it. llike wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'd be down.

I'm an adult, with a job and a family. My time is more precious than my money (at this game's rates anyway).

I'll gladly give you guys a free month of game time to farm gold for me.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't buy gold currently because I don't want to perpetuate the value that hacking people's accounts currently provides. PLEX and CREDDs don't do this.
    That's the point of this system

You have money but no time to farm gold = buy CREED and sell it
    You have time to farm gold and no money = farm gold and buy CREED

Has been successfully used by EVE Online for years. "Wildstar business model". Way to take credit for other game's ideas, scumbag wildstar.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Already do it, I used to sell game time for gold when I raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.
    they cant because technically gold can be generated without any limitations since it DROPS, which means in a perfect world blizzard would make no money from people accessing the game.

the discussion on wow's business model is pointless - unless an MMORPG game comes up with a different model and retains more than 10 million clients, no one will change the model that has worked for almost 10 years.

in addition, changing an already established system and implementing a new one has incredible dismantling and setup costs, and the uncertainty of how the new model will be perceived. you may say that WoW will gain 2 million people by going F2P for example, but 2 million can leave because it goes f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No thanks you. Sub to cover everything
    Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    with a slowly evolving cash shop is fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.
    No. And slowly evolving? lmao, what planet are you from??
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

It would have to be done with tight restrictions. Wildstar does it a bit better than EVE by limiting players to keeping a maximum of 12 CREDD on one account so the merchant barons can't hoard them. The CREDD will *possibly* disappear after an account is inactive for three months as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    It would have to be done with tight restrictions. Wildstar does it a bit better than EVE by limiting players to keeping a maximum of 12 CREDD on one account so the merchant barons can't hoard them. The CREDD will *possibly* disappear after an account is inactive for three months as well.
    There is always a way to tweak it.

- - - Updated - - -

a little bump, we need more opinions and votes