Poll: What do you think about it ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wildstar Business Model in World Of Warcraft

Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/

EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-10 at 11:23 PM.

No thanks you. Sub to cover everything with a slowly evolving cash shop is fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.

Deleted
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?
    It's PTP: Play to pay. You can use in game gold to buy your subscription time.

Saw some of my guild mates doing this exact same thing. It's high time blizzard implements it, mainly because it serves as the best gold sink there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yes, when you leave in a crappy country, it's a big thing :/

For certain countries, currency such as dollars or euros really packs a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    For certain countries, currency such as dollars or euros really packs a punch.
    This, 40 Euros in my country is like 1/4 of the minimum salary :s

- - - Updated - - -

Bump.
    /10chars

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-12 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post

EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.

Wildstar not exactly the originators of this method but uh.. there's 0 negatives and it gives people options.

No reason not to do it.

EVE did this a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.
    And people hack other people's accounts and cheat and give themselves GM commands. Doesn't mean Blizzard should condone it "because people do it."

At any rate, sounds like a way to MASSIVELY encourage botting. Not only can they sell gold, they can zero out any money they'd have to pay to do so. And they could do that without hacking anyone's account.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to buy gold whether it's against the rules or not so Blizzard might as well make it legal and make it benefit other players at the same time. Like someone above said: there are zero downsides.

WoW could make any business model work.

However, while it might be cheaper for you to not pay for your sub, generally speaking less revenue = less content.

Just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    Gold sellers =/= hackers, not everyone can hack but everyone can be a gold seller.

The cred system in wildstar still requires that somebody bought the game-time with real money. They allow the person who paid for the game time to sell it within the game. Its sounds pretty cool to me and blizzard would still get there money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WoW could make any business model work.

However, while it might be cheaper for you to not pay for your sub, generally speaking less revenue = less content.

Just something to keep in mind.
    It's not less revenue. The game time that you buy from the AH has already been paid for by someone with real money.

But if people aren't able to get close to a $1/1k ratio it's not likely that it'll stop gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post

If someone has a stolen credit card they hardly need to buy virtual currency to profit. And if they have a stolen account they can either sell the account or bot with it to profit.

The key to stopping gold sellers is the ratio. If I can get somewhere near the same amount from the AH than a gold seller, I'll take the legal route, but if the AH is getting me significantly less then I'm going with the gold seller.
    Last edited by ACES; 2014-06-11 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    People are going to buy gold whether it's against the rules or not so Blizzard might as well make it legal and make it benefit other players at the same time. Like someone above said: there are zero downsides.
    All that would do is drive people to buy more gold from third-party sources. Sanctioned gold selling would flood the market with gold, leading to massive inflation. In essence, it then becomes REQUIRED to buy gold to get anywhere. Assuming gold sellers could sell gold for less than blizzard, they're in essence offering the same required product for less money, meaning the gold sellers get a massive boost to their business, seeing as the potential clientele has now increased to feasibly include every WoW player.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.