View Poll Results: What do you think about it ?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a good idea

106 49.07%
  • No, it's a bad idea

70 32.41%
  • I don't care

40 18.52%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    pretty much. if i can't buy gametime with gold (which I do, of course), I'm done playing. Why should they care where the money comes from? an in-game token would ruin scammers, and save them countless customer support tickets
    there already bunch of sites selling game time for in game gold and then selling that gold for more value then gamecard was worth. think about it like game card is what 20 euro - they sell game time for 50/100k then reselling 10k - 10 euro - pure profit for them. its profiting everyone since the game cards are still being bought by someone - those people just make extra profit from it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-06-13 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there already bunch of sites selling game time for in game gold and then selling that gold for more value then gamecard was worth. think about it like game card is what 20 euro - they sell game time for 50/100k then reselling 10k - 10 euro - pure profit for them. its profiting everyone since the game cards are still being bought by someone - those people just make extra profit from it.
    And still illegal and against Blizzard TOS.

That actually is a really cool idea! Never thought of something like that for World of Warcraft.

Bloodsail Admiral
    I like the sub model because it's worked out good for me. If you can't afford it because you're bad at life or don't think it's worth it then fine, I don't want peasants or people that hate my game playing it. Anything that screws with that I see as dangerous. FTP would kill the game and I don't want to have to pay for X and Y raid or season or whatever. The cash shop is absolutely 140% optional and has no possible impact on your ability or success in the game. The model works great as it is and should not be changed just because you're too broke and useless to manage $15/month.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

It is a good idea.

However Blizzard has "if it is not broken, do not fix it" meta.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I like the sub model because it's worked out good for me. If you can't afford it because you're bad at life or don't think it's worth it then fine, I don't want peasants or people that hate my game playing it. Anything that screws with that I see as dangerous. FTP would kill the game and I don't want to have to pay for X and Y raid or season or whatever. The cash shop is absolutely 140% optional and has no possible impact on your ability or success in the game. The model works great as it is and should not be changed just because you're too broke and useless to manage $15/month.
    Very nice mentality and very polite person, nice to meet you.

- - - Updated - - -

daily bump

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    they cant because technically gold can be generated without any limitations since it DROPS, which means in a perfect world blizzard would make no money from people accessing the game.
    I think you're missing something very crucial.

In order for someone to get this item they have to buy it, so 15$. I then sell it to you for gold. It doesn't matter if the market price is 1k gold or 1m gold, blizzard still made 15$.

Effectively if I were to buy said item and sell it to you I am paying for your subscription thus buying gold from you. If there were 10 million people and 5 million of them wanted to buy these things, it would require the other 5 million people to be paying for the other half of the playerbases subs. Either way blizzard is still receiving the income of 10 million players regardless of who pays for it. Blizzard or any company doing this loses 0$ because someone still has to pay for the subs of the total number of players no matter what.

I do not understand why you don't understand that.

Blizzard literally loses nothing for doing this, it is already done regularly by many players. All they do is make it convenient for people.

Bump.
    /10chars