Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I swear to god, Canada. Seriously? Again? Take them back. All of them. Canadians are great people. Famous Canadians, however, are tools and douchebags, and you keep giving them to us. It's not cool. We can't be friends anymore if all you do is throw bags of shit at our doorstep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    What's the point of giving up a citizenship if you are a dual citizen?
    He's now able to run for president. This is basically his announcement that he plans to do so in 2016. There is no other reason for him to do this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I swear to god, Canada. Seriously? Again? Take them back. All of them. Canadians are great people. Famous Canadians, however, are tools and douchebags, and you keep giving them to us. It's not cool. We can't be friends anymore if all you do is throw bags of shit at our doorstep.
    No fan of comedy could ever say famous Canadians are tools.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    No fan of comedy could ever say famous Canadians are tools.
    There are a *few* exceptions. Perhaps I should add to my above comment: famous Canadians that come to live in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    He's been attacked by the left for not being "Latino enough".

Dumb people there too or justified because it came from the left, what do you think?
    Once again, blaming the left for an issue that you are bringing up.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a *few* exceptions. Perhaps I should add to my above comment: famous Canadians that come to live in America.
    Hey, William Shatner is pretty cool if eccentric.

Also, Ted Cruz is too polarizing to win the general election anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just comedians, the rest can burn in hell... or what ever the Canadian version of hell is...

http://youtu.be/b-TtfMLGnok

Does Ted Cruz (or anyone with an "R" next to their name) really think he has a chance at the presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Does Ted Cruz (or anyone with an "R" next to their name) really think he has a chance at the presidency?
    Ted Cruz lives in a bleach white bubble and probably has no idea what reality actually looks like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    He's been attacked by the left for not being "Latino enough".

Dumb people there too or justified because it came from the left, what do you think?
    I just think he is not Canadian enough :O.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    He's now able to run for president. This is basically his announcement that he plans to do so in 2016. There is no other reason for him to do this.
    Oh come on, even if he is let to run, he would never win. If fucking Ted Cruz can run as a Canadian, I should be able to run being 21 years old.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

just like Justin briber, can't we strap them both to a catapult and aim it back up there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    just like Justin briber, can't we strap them both to a catapult and aim it back up there?
    I wouldn't wish that on nobody, send them to a small inhibited island.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Well, it's official, we're stuck with him.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...nship-24080425

What I like is this quote..

So he didn't find out till his early 40s that he had dual citizenship... o.0
    And this guy wants to have a say in other immigrants lives / immigration status? lol
    Old news.

The paper-work was finalized, in fact, a month ago. He started the process (and it was reported on) over two months ago.

As to why...I believe it was because he felt (probably rightfully so) that Democrats would use his dual-citizenship as a political tool against him.

In the grand scheme of things this matters very little. So little, in fact, that it hasn't been mentioned on the news (via the TV) in over a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    All quite irrelevant. Cruz is kidding himself if he thinks he stands a chance at the presidency. Hopefully his decision to run will make him unpopular enough in Texas to lose his Senate seat as well.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

By the standards of the Republican right, he still isn't a natural born citizen and is therefore not qualified for the presidency.

I don't agree with it myself, but the rules are the rules! If they are applied to one candidate, they definitely need to be applied to ALL candidates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Old news.

The paper-work was finalized, in fact, a month ago. He started the process (and it was reported on) over two months ago.

As to why...I believe it was because he felt (probably rightfully so) that Democrats would use his dual-citizenship as a political tool against him.

In the grand scheme of things this matters very little. So little, in fact, that it hasn't been mentioned on the news (via the TV) in over a month.
    I would still use it against him. He is just a dumbass. Look at all the people calling Obama muslim, same thing with Ted Cruz, expect he is actually fucking Canadian(or was).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Appealing to dumb people who think that you're not Murican enough.
    No, seriously, this hasn't been on the news in over a month. Even then it wasn't widely reported. So the concept that this is designed to appeal to anyone is stupid since most people, unless they went looking for this story, didn't know about it.

Honestly...Hillary Clinton has been doing more to make herself presentable as a candidate than anyone on the Republican side.

He is doing this for his upcoming presidential bid. Its just funny with all the crap they gave the current president about his place of birth and citizenship status, that this champion of the tea party conservatives has an even sketchier birth issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    No, seriously, this hasn't been on the news in over a month. Even then it wasn't widely reported. So the concept that this is designed to appeal to anyone is stupid since most people, unless they went looking for this story, didn't know about it.

Honestly...Hillary Clinton has been doing more to make herself presentable as a candidate than anyone on the Republican side.
    Because it was older news that didn't splash means that it isn't an obvious political ploy? Makes perfect sense.

Also, stop saying that this happened over a month ago. People were talking about him considering it, this time he made it official. There's a difference. There is literally no reason for him to do this other than to try and appear more MURICAN by having only one citizenship.

[QUOTE=KrazyK923;27574145]Because it was older news that didn't splash means that it isn't an obvious political ploy? Makes perfect sense.

That's your argument?

Just so I understand this...Obama puts off anything for more than a month, and it becomes "old news." And EVERYTHING Obama does gets far more press than this. Cruz does this over a month ago, to little press coverage, and your jumping all over him for "an obvious political ploy?"

Here's an idea...why don't you turn that tin-foil hat concept on Hillary Clinton...who has been doing far more to keep herself in the spotlight and make herself a more presentable candidate?

I mean, really, try to at least look like your not just another rabid attack-dog mindlessly charging after anything that isn't approved of by Democrats.